Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: YankeeJim on May 17, 2015, 05:09:41 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 17, 2015, 12:58:04 PM
Quote from: God The Mechanic on May 17, 2015, 12:51:32 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 17, 2015, 12:45:31 PM
Quote from: God The Mechanic on May 17, 2015, 12:37:15 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 17, 2015, 12:13:32 PM
Give it a rest...Utter waste of space in the Premier and the Championship.
Overpaid Prima Donna...

Wow.  OK.  Now I remember why I left this place for a while.

So you left the Forum, because people dont have the same
Opinions as you?.. fp.gif

Nope.  I'm perfectly fine with differing opinions.  What made me leave was people acting like assholes making discussion night on impossible without poo like "get a grip" and "give it a rest" being the gist of any argument against.

Stop taking it so personal.
So we disagree on Ruiz, lot more important things to worry about.
Have a good day..

As the mechanic says, its not a matter of opinions, it is the absoluteness of the comments that make any real discussion difficult if not impossible. Ask yourself, how do you respond to "over paid prima donna". No room for discussion there.

Maybe because thats what Ruiz is.I say it again.
He is an overpaid Prima Donna., what do you want  me to say something
different, Oh but he does have lovely hair, how long do you actually want
discussions about him go on for until someone agrees with the other in the end.
That would be pointless wouldnt it?..

cmg

As the mechanic says, its not a matter of opinions, it is the absoluteness of the comments that make any real discussion difficult if not impossible. Ask yourself, how do you respond to "over paid prima donna". No room for discussion there.

It's not just this dogmatism that makes rational debate difficult and frustrating. It is also the presenting of inaccurate statements as if they were fact. To take the "over paid prima donna" as an example: The 'over paid', even if we knew for sure what his remuneration was, is simply an opinion. The 'prima donna' jibe is just plain wrong, he has always conducted himself with calmness, dignity and a rather self-deprecating humility rare in professional footballers today.
He might have been a bit more successful if he had been more arrogant and aggressive - but that's just my opinion!

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: cmg on May 17, 2015, 05:33:26 PM

It's not just this dogmatism that makes rational debate difficult and frustrating. It is also the presenting of inaccurate statements as if they were fact. To take the "over paid prima donna" as an example: The 'over paid', even if we knew for sure what his remuneration was, is simply an opinion. The 'prima donna' jibe is just plain wrong, he has always conducted himself with calmness, dignity and a rather self-deprecating humility rare in professional footballers today.
He might have been a bit more successful if he had been more arrogant and aggressive - but that's just my opinion!

Precisely thats your opinion.
And I believe he is what I said, AN OVERPAID PRIMA DONNA.

Artful Dodger

Quote from: cmg on May 17, 2015, 05:33:26 PM

He might have been more successful if he scored more goals or set more chances up, especially as a plays as if he thinks he is worth £11m. As he tends to do little of either, apart from a few nice touches in midfield, I don't see what he brings to the party.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

WestCountryWhite

Someone makes an opinion then someone doesn't agree and tells them they are wrong and stop stating their opinion as fact then says their opinion dispelling their fact as a fact..... Did I miss anything?

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: WestCountryWhite on May 17, 2015, 06:04:21 PM
Someone makes an opinion then someone doesn't agree and tells them they are wrong and stop stating their opinion as fact then says their opinion dispelling their fact as a fact..... Did I miss anything?

Nice One...lol

cmg

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 17, 2015, 05:49:09 PM

[/quote]

'He might have been a bit more successful if he had been more arrogant and aggressive' - That's an opinion (mine in this instance)

To call him a 'prima donna' is to misunderstand the figurative use of the word (I assume you are not referring to his musical skills, which are undisputed.)

[prima donna - 'a very temperamental person with an inflated view of their own talent or importance.']

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: cmg on May 17, 2015, 06:17:58 PM

'He might have been a bit more successful if he had been more arrogant and aggressive' - That's an opinion (mine in this instance)

To call him a 'prima donna' is to misunderstand the figurative use of the word (I assume you are not referring to his musical skills, which are undisputed.)

[prima donna - 'a very temperamental person with an inflated view of their own talent or importance.']

[/quote]

I know exactly what Prima Donna means, I didnt have to look it up
like you have done to explain it above..Did you get your dictionary out or Google.
Hillarious. .
By the way he got off lightly with Prim Donna, there a few worse things
I could call him...But I'd get banned off of here.
But you and a couple of your cohorts would like that, wouldn't you.
How dare we have an opion that differs from the posters who have been on here
Since the year Dot...Beam me up Scottie..

cmg

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 17, 2015, 06:42:42 PM

like you have done to explain it above..Did you get your dictionary out or Google.
Hillarious. .

Excellent. You have made yourself quite clear even to a person of my limited intelligence.

Your opinion is that Bryan Ruiz is a very temperamental person with an inflated view of his own talent or importance.
Mine is that he is not.

I am happy that this is now clear to all.

I have (to my knowledge) no cohorts. There will always be some who will agree with me (and you) and some who will not.

It would be totally immaterial to me if you were banned from here or not.

mullers

To try and open this out a bit, look where Fulham were and what supporters hopes were when we signed him [and what an £11m transfer said about our ambitions] and what's happened since. He can do a job, like any number of talented players, with the right team around him. without that is form will be patchy at best.

For me, our experience shows that we end up disappointed when any fee hits £10m plus.

YankeeJim

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 17, 2015, 06:42:42 PM
Quote from: cmg on May 17, 2015, 06:17:58 PM

Hillarious. .

[/quote]

Also, not being as wise as o' Mince n Tatties I went to Google and searched for a definition of mince & tatties. Upchuck on a plate it would seem. Sorta like overpaid prima donna when it comes to discussion, wouldn't you say?
Also, still not being as wise as o' Mince n Tatties I had to look up discussion:

noun 

an act or instance of discussing; consideration or examination by argument, comment, etc., especially to explore solutions; informal debate.

What is your suggested consideration or examination by argument, comment, etc.? Seems to me you are stating a fact:

"A fact is something that has really occurred or is actually the case. The usual test for a statement of fact is verifiability, that is, whether it can be demonstrated to correspond to experience. Standard reference works are often used to check facts. Scientific facts are verified by repeatable careful observation or measurement (by experiments or other means)."

So, what is the verifiability....oh, never mind. You are not interested in discussion. FACT!

Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Mince n Tatties

You got your homework wrong Im afraid by stating me as wise, Im just a
backward no good country tosspot...But I should think you thought that of me
already...Am I right or am I right..
Good God I want be able to get to sleep tonight now...The pressures of being
a Tosser, you wouldn't understand.....

Nick Bateman

Bryan Ruiz is Fulham's version of Pirlo.

He commands the centre of midfield with great vision and has the ability to deliver the pass to it's intended target.  Quality players such as these Fulham should hold onto.

One knows of Ruiz's ambitions to play in the PL but one should not give into those demands if said player is under contract for several years.  Contrary to the notion that players have the power a myth purported by lazy journalists, it is actually the other way around.  In my view, it is the closest thing to modern day "slavery", as the player cannot work for anyone else in this field while under contract.

So I would keep people like Ruiz, Chris David, and other creative footballers (Kacaniklic) Fulham would find difficult if nigh impossible to recruit now in the positional state we are in at teh present time.

Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

WestCountryWhite

Quote from: Nick Bateman on May 17, 2015, 08:32:33 PM

He commands the centre of midfield with great vision and has the ability to deliver the pass to it's intended target.  Quality players such as these Fulham should hold onto.

One knows of Ruiz's ambitions to play in the PL but one should not give into those demands if said player is under contract for several years.  Contrary to the notion that players have the power a myth purported by lazy journalists, it is actually the other way around.  In my view, it is the closest thing to modern day "slavery", as the player cannot work for anyone else in this field while under contract.

So I would keep people like Ruiz, Chris David, and other creative footballers (Kacaniklic) Fulham would find difficult if nigh impossible to recruit now in the positional state we are in at teh present time.

I've seen a topic started saying Ruiz can be our new Gerrard and now he's our Pirlo. Can I please have some of what you two are smoking?

Riversider

To all the people that have been slagging Bryan off and at the sametime sidestepping my question , I will therefore ask again,
Were you happy with a midfield four of Parker, Tunnicliffe, Kavanagh and Hoogland with Ruiz being left out of the squad entirely ? Yes or No ?
I thank you.

Jonaldiniho 88

Ruiz has done nothing to deserved this. Played his best, kept playing his best and doesn't seem to suite English football. Is that his fault? Points per game him in or out? We are way better with him than without. So if u hate hate but u are backed up with nothing but opinion. Those that like are not saying he took the league by storm. Just that we are better with. Those that don't prove it! U can't. Shut up and support a professional.

YankeeJim

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 17, 2015, 08:18:45 PM
You got your homework wrong Im afraid by stating me as wise, Im just a
backward no good country tosspot...But I should think you thought that of me
already...Am I right or am I right..
Good God I want be able to get to sleep tonight now...The pressures of being
a Tosser, you wouldn't understand.....

You state opinion as fact and you know what I am thinking. I see a pattern here.
This whole bunch of nonsense got started over an opinion you stated as if it were fact. I have not formed an opinion of you and being from the country is a plus in my book. The odd thing here is that we agree in the grand scheme of things. I have seen Ruiz tear teams apart on this side of the pond. However, he doesn't do well when he is closely marked by some muscle.  He would likely thrive in Spain just as he did in Holland.

YankeeJim

Quote from: Riversider on May 17, 2015, 09:35:31 PM
To all the people that have been slagging Bryan off and at the sametime sidestepping my question , I will therefore ask again,
Were you happy with a midfield four of Parker, Tunnicliffe, Kavanagh and Hoogland with Ruiz being left out of the squad entirely ? Yes or No ?
I thank you.

No.
Our midfield was our major weakness this season IMHO. They didn't support the back and didn't feed the front.
I'm not sure if any of the five is ready for a promotion push.

SadOldGit

Quote from: Nick Bateman on May 17, 2015, 08:32:33 PM

Don't try and inject reason into this 'debate' Nick.  Some folk's minds are just closed to facts as well as other opinions. Sad to see on this site.

HatterDon

Quote from: Riversider on May 17, 2015, 10:31:02 AM
Quote from: JackyFulham90 on May 17, 2015, 10:01:18 AM
Just get rid of him. He won't have much impact next season anyway he isn't suited to English football
What a load of rubbish !
And exactly the reason why the likes of Hoddle, Hudson, Osgood, Currie, Worthington , Marsh and Charlie George didnt play more games for England !
This stupid English mentality, that all eleven players "Have to do the Donkey Work" In your world Symons was right in packing our midfield with Parker, Tunnicliffe, Hoogland and Kavanagh , whilest Ruiz (a star at The World Cup just last summer) cant even make the squad !
He will be a star in Spain, where they appreciate players like him, but I still think he could play in The Premier League for a club like Villa, Spurs and Southampton, where they would get the best out of his creativity !
This board will be full of people then telling me "We should never have sold Bryan " whilest we have to endure Scott Parker running around in circles
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel