watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sunday Supplement.

Started by Fernhurst, May 17, 2015, 12:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fernhurst

Is the unusually respected jouno Patrick Barclay a Fulham fan?

Interesting to to hear him compare Fulhams current position with that of QPR.
He is of the opinion Fulham is an extremely well structured club unlike our neighbours, who have thrown money at sucessive managers and with the consequence of relegatation are left with the issue of a bloated squad on massive wages most of which the current manager would dump at the earliest opportunity .
Sound familiar?
He thinks QPR will appeal the 58 million FFP fine and maybe end up with a fine of half that amount, this was in direct contrast to Martin Samuel who still believes they could fall through a couple of divisions.
Barclay did sound distinctly Fulham friendly can anyone confirm his allegiance?

Just as an aside, he also thought Fulham would be very lucky to secure the signature of Big Sam??
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Lighthouse

Don't know about the allegiance.

When QPR went down last time they were unable to rid themselves, or didn't want rid themselves of ALL the big earners. One reason they scraped back into the Prem via the playoffs. Fulham, if anything, went too far the other way. They rid themselves of too many of the old squad and couldn't replace them. So QPR are still left with the same problem they had last time they came down. But I doubt the league will have the guts to do more than give QPR a slap on the wrist.

Both Big Sam and Steve Bruce look far from fit and will need a holiday before doing anything new. Not sure Fulham need to gamble on tired and ill managers.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

colinwhite

One thing that did seem to come out of this is that no-one said that Fulham are keeping on Kit Symons ,and these guys are clearly in the know .
Paddy Barclay is  highly respected and a Fulham supporter and seemed intimate that Fulham will make changes . 

H4usuallysitting

As far as I know, he's an Arsenal fan.....but he has/ had a Fulham ST, as he lives/lived locally.....picked him up a few times, nice bloke

MJG

Dundee fan by birth... Not sure which one mind.
Has a soft spot for Fulham that's for sure.

BalDrick

Extremely knowledgeable journo, no idea who he supports - does anyone in that role actually support anyone, ie go and watch them? It's their job to watch football matches after all.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

Nero

Neil Ashton definitely said Patrick was a Fulham fan, and Patrick did say Fulham where a well run club but can't pick a decent Manager.

hovewhite

Quote from: Nero on May 17, 2015, 03:35:12 PM
Neil Ashton definitely said Patrick was a Fulham fan, and Patrick did say Fulham where a well run club but can't pick a decent Manager.
He's on there money there alright haha

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: Nero on May 17, 2015, 03:35:12 PM

'Fan' in terms of sentimental value, as I believe he live in Putney. He stated on numerous on The Times' football podcast that he used to pop along a lot when he wasn't busy
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Fernhurst

Oh sorry......didn't realise this was one more Kit out thread.

Sorry Reither, was replying to our member from Brighton.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: colinwhite on May 17, 2015, 01:36:40 PM
One thing that did seem to come out of this is that no-one said that Fulham are keeping on Kit Symons ,and these guys are clearly in the know .
Paddy Barclay is  highly respected and a Fulham supporter and seemed intimate that Fulham will make changes . 

Symons met Khan on Wednesday not Tuesday as reported in another thread.
Khan is sticking by Kit, should think they might say something this week about it.
Not that they have to as he is our Manager already (worst luck)..
So regardless what we think he will be our boss, so we should give him our support..

westcliff white

Like others I always thought he was a gooner who lived near the cottage, which ever way he falls he always speaks well of us and says it as it is.

Every day is a Fulham day

MJG

Quote from: westcliff white on May 18, 2015, 03:10:34 PM
Like others I always thought he was a gooner who lived near the cottage, which ever way he falls he always speaks well of us and says it as it is.

I think people link him to Arsenal because he is a massive fan of Wenger and wont have a bad word said against him.