watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Playing in a pro-am at the Cottage tomorrow

Started by leonffc, May 20, 2015, 10:40:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leonffc

Last year I was lucky to play in a 7 aside charity / corporate tournament at West Ham, where Tony Cottee and Tony Gale hosted the event and every side had an ex pro playing. I was with Paul Walsh who was quality and still very fit for 52 but others included Beasant, Beagrie (extremely fit and very competitive), Babb, Dowie, Phil Neal, Anderton, Parlour (top top bloke) .

Imagine my joy when I found out it was at Craven Cottage this year! The directors understood my begging so I'm selected for this years event  049:gif 049:gif

Anderton, Dowie, and Jan Molby are confirmed but we find out the the teams and other ex pro's tomorrow at a breakfast meeting.
Its fair to say I'm a tad excited. The Copa Mundials are polished and were already packed last night.

fulhamben

Nice one. Something tells me Anderton won't be fit though
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Twig

Wow, opportunity of a lifetime.  Will there be someone to take some photos for the memories?

dannyboi-ffc

Nice one! I'm jealous.

Enjoy it and get someone to take photos on your phone so I can see next season. Good luck mate   049:gif
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

leonffc

Quote from: fulhamben on May 20, 2015, 10:43:10 AM

He managed to stay fit last year. And I megged him!! I think he got me back though but I'm not sure.

leonffc

Yes there is an official photographer there.
Plus a couple of mates are coming along so I'm sure I'll get a couple of embarrassing tumbles in printed colour

rweller86

I was lucky enough to play at the Cottage last year via Marathon bet. It was an 11-a-side game with fans. The two captains were Sean Davis and Boa Morte. I scored a hat-trick, finished with a free-kick that went in off the bar! Amazing day! I think they done the same this year too!
@rweller

leonffc

Quote from: rweller86 on May 20, 2015, 11:23:02 AMI was lucky enough to play at the Cottage last year via Marathon bet. It was an 11-a-side game with fans. The two captains were Sean Davis and Boa Morte. I scored a hat-trick, finished with a free-kick that went in off the bar! Amazing day! I think they done the same this year too!

Haha that's bettered me. I Can't see me notching a hat trick!
 Yeah, I saw someone on Twitter did the marathon bet thing last week.

I think I remember MJG played there too last year. Maybe the same event?

dannyboi-ffc

How do you enter the marathon game? I have never seen it advertised, I would love the chance to play at the Cottage.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

cmg

Fantastic!
Great opportunity, not only to grace the hallowed turf with your skills but the chance to converse with Jan Molby - the man with the best Scouse accent ever heard in Denmark. Hope he's kept reasonably fit - he was hardly a svelte figure even in his prime.

I bet that, somewhere at the back of your mind, you can see some Fulham official saying, "Hey, you're good. How about signing this contract....?" Go on, admit it.

Have a great time.

snarks

Quote from: fulhamben on May 20, 2015, 10:43:10 AM

Just as an interesting (to me anyway) Stat on Anderton.

During the "sicknote period" for Tottenham he played more premiership games than Roy Keane

leonffc

Quote from: cmg on May 20, 2015, 11:40:51 AM
Fantastic!
Great opportunity, not only to grace the hallowed turf with your skills but the chance to converse with Jan Molby - the man with the best Scouse accent ever heard in Denmark. Hope he's kept reasonably fit - he was hardly a svelte figure even in his prime.

I bet that, somewhere at the back of your mind, you can see some Fulham official saying, "Hey, you're good. How about signing this contract....?" Go on, admit it.

Have a great time.

Thanks, and at almost 41 those dreams are long gone. Even after what I saw last season!!

I was saying to someone yesterday, I hope Molby brings his own shorts because if he plays in the kit my company is providing he'll do even less running than we expect him to

rweller86

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on May 20, 2015, 11:33:35 AM
How do you enter the marathon game? I have never seen it advertised, I would love the chance to play at the Cottage.
I think it is closed for this year (played either last week or this week). It was on the Offal this year (although I noticed after it closed) but last year Marathon tweeted the competition and you applied via their website!
@rweller

Southdowns White

I also played in the 11 a side game last year and managed to score at the Hammersmith end. Great day from start to finish although a little daunting being up against Sean Davis in Midfield, aged nearly 49 at the time i never thought i would ever play at Craven Cottage, Boa and Sean were both very good sports and completely joined in a very relaxed way making it a great occasion for everyone. Luckily i still play football and have recently taken part in two tournaments one being a vets competition which was harder than the non vets one. If you get the chance to play on the hallowed turf please don't turn it down.   

rweller86

Quote from: Southdowns White on May 20, 2015, 08:36:41 PM
I also played in the 11 a side game last year and managed to score at the Hammersmith end. Great day from start to finish although a little daunting being up against Sean Davis in Midfield, aged nearly 49 at the time i never thought i would ever play at Craven Cottage, Boa and Sean were both very good sports and completely joined in a very relaxed way making it a great occasion for everyone. Luckily i still play football and have recently taken part in two tournaments one being a vets competition which was harder than the non vets one. If you get the chance to play on the hallowed turf please don't turn it down.   

I was recovering from a groin injury and really shouldn't have played but I was never going to turn it down!
@rweller

rweller86

@rweller

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

leonffc

The pitch and hospitality were amazing. Everyone (inc the pros) were blown away, everyone, (that played at West Ham last year) said it was so perfect, and I include Tony Cottee in that who admitted that it was an unbelievable venue. My only gripes were that we played the 2 small pitches from end to half way line rather than across the pitch because of the fixed goals apparently. The playing area didn't feel right. Oh, and Fulham didn't open the bar for after. Very poor IMO.
 Players: Tony Cottee (host), Peter Beagrie, Phil Babb, Iain Dowie, Matt Elliott, Darren Anderton, Jan Molby, Alan Kennedy, Paul Walsh, Frank Sinclair, Perry Groves
Tony Gale was also there like last year but he was late due to commitments in Italy.
 I got Peter Beagrie in my team which I was made up about because he was brilliant last year. Untouchable!! But he'd played a vets game the day before and pulled his hamstring which included a massive bruise on the back of his leg - not helped by him driving down from Harrogate that morning! So him injured and 3 terrible terrible players in our side made us the worst team there. But hey, what a day!!
 For the purists out there (fellow copa mundial lovers) Ray parlour lauded my boots last year. This year, I'm having a piss and the bloke next to me says "Classic Copas. Best boots ever!!"  Looked up to a Nodding Darren Anderton, and glad he was looking at my boots rather than my cock.
 All the pros were top drawer as usual. Walshy recognised me from playing with him last year and made a point of saying hello, Dowie commented on my touch and movement presuming that I'd played a higher lever (flirt!). And Jan Molby!! What a bloke. Lovely lovely fella with a great aura. A proper presence. My first bit of man love I think!!

snarks

Excellent, seems like a great day, I have to say I am more than a bit green eyed. Any pics you could post?

leonffc

Now you're asking, I'll have to consult an IT expert for that.
I've only got a few, mostly of me rolling around in agony after a horror challenge but I'll try and post them.
Actually there was an official photographer there so when theyre emailed to work I'll select a few and try and post them