watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Time to draw a line

Started by WestCountryWhite, May 21, 2015, 08:09:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WestCountryWhite

It has become very apparent over the last couple of weeks especially after the interview released discussing transfer plans etc that Kit will be our boss at the start of next year. I've said many a time I don't want that but it's time to give him this summer to build a squad capable of challenging for promotion which is the only bench mark we should be aiming for next year. I'll forgive and forget last season and get fully behind him again. No more negative kit posts from me.

Don't let me down kit  049:gif

f321ffc

Yes my feelings exactly so its a    :plus one:  from me, lets hope he gets the financial backing from Khan  051 and he can sort this mess out. 049:gif COYW
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

hovewhite

Watched the intrview and have to agree he's not going anywhere so I'll back him.

Peabody

We have had our fair share of disagreements WestCountryWhite but I applaud your sentiments on this subject.

filham

Well said WCW, essential that we are all behind the manager and the team at the beginning of the new season.

MJG

I'd go along with most of that and as long as from game one we can see he has learnt from his mistakes then its the right thing to do.
But I still think there is another twist to this story to come and until we are past the first week in June I'm not 100% going to say hes in the job for the start of the season.

Northern Cottager

I suppose at least it's sorted early doors. If we get half of the players we've been linked with, surely we can do well?

Oakeshott

I think the starting assumption here is premature. IF Khan has in mind the appointment of, for example, Sam A, nothing could properly be said until after the end of the Premiership season and the outcome of discussion between Sam and West Ham.

If, however, the assumption proves to be correct, obviously everyone will support Kit, but as has been said by others he will need to provide very early evidence of improved performances on the field if he is to retain that support.

Fulham76

:plus one:

All we can do now is support him & I want to see some of this exciting, attacking football he keeps talking about.

Twig

Great post, fair and magnanimous.  Let's all get behind this, stop sniping at each other and get behind Kit and the team.  If it doesn't work out then we can all agree on the need for change.

phil_magnus

Kit Symons is 44 years old. The club are appointing Terry Burton and Alan Curbishley to help Symons for the forthcoming season.

The bloke is 44 years old! He is not some springchicken. He should not have to have his hand held.

This season is going to be mediocre at best.

Logicalman

Quote from: MJG on May 21, 2015, 09:06:13 AM
I'd go along with most of that and as long as from game one we can see he has learnt from his mistakes then its the right thing to do.
But I still think there is another twist to this story to come and until we are past the first week in June I'm not 100% going to say hes in the job for the start of the season.

If they are looking to replace Kit then they should have had it sorted long before the first week of June. Our season has been over for almost 3 weeks, and even if that doesn't sound long, there are only 14 weeks between seasons (feels so much longer, doesn't it?), and leaving it until first week of June will remove some 30% of time the new manager has to work the squad and window, and THAT would be very poor management by the club.

Perhaps they should remember the golden rule: Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

MJG

Quote from: Logicalman on May 21, 2015, 12:55:30 PM

If they are looking to replace Kit then they should have had it sorted long before the first week of June. Our season has been over for almost 3 weeks, and even if that doesn't sound long, there are only 14 weeks between seasons (feels so much longer, doesn't it?), and leaving it until first week of June will remove some 30% of time the new manager has to work the squad and window, and THAT would be very poor management by the club.

Perhaps they should remember the golden rule: Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!
My reasoning behind is this is that
-The season is not over yet, both playoffs and PL are still going on
-Hughes left in first week in June due to a break clause, it would make sense that there would be one after the season ends.
-Other managers will technically become available that week.

I'm not saying i want it, or that it will happen, but its a window where something could.

Logicalman

Quote from: MJG on May 21, 2015, 01:08:05 PM

-Hughes left in first week in June due to a break clause, it would make sense that there would be one after the season ends.

I'm not saying i want it, or that it will happen, but its a window where something could.

I accept your points (except the first one as OUR season, and that of 19 other Championship clubs ended 3 weeks ago), and knowing the rumour mill as it is, I would have expected to hear something of who was seen talking to who, about whom, and why by now for any serious contenders. Not ruling it out, by any means, but not good management to leave these things so long into the silly season.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

HillingdonFFC

Would love to be proved wrong with Kit but think its a bad move if he stays. Reckon he'll be gone by xmas. Someone on TIFF said he looked like someone who had won the chance to manage a team in a raffle in the interview. Spot on in my opinion, just doesn't seem to have an air of authority or any steely eyed determination to outline his plans.All this bland solid base bollocks?..dear oh dear.
Warburtons contract is up around the time you mention.Have faint hopes hes not been totally overruled but think if there was any doubt Kit was going I cant see them doing that interview

MacMan5122

It's a difficult one because you always want to give the manager time. Kit kept us up and maybe his skills as a manager looked more impressive than they are considering the mess he was left by Felix. Can we really afford to give him the summer transfer window. If things don't work out we are in the same mess we have been in the last two years by Christmas. Seems like to much of a risk to me. Best thing to do is get in an Warburton/Big Sam type who can stamp his authority on the team right away.

MJG

Quote from: Logicalman on May 21, 2015, 01:21:09 PM

I accept your points (except the first one as OUR season, and that of 19 other Championship clubs ended 3 weeks ago), and knowing the rumour mill as it is, I would have expected to hear something of who was seen talking to who, about whom, and why by now for any serious contenders. Not ruling it out, by any means, but not good management to leave these things so long into the silly season.
Our season is over, but as I pointed out the season as it is continues..along with people who may or may not be in a position to take over.
Lets be honest if we had sacked Symons 2 weeks ago and we had no one to step straight in, people would be saying who's going to sign for a club with no manager? Is he keeping the chair warm at the moment?
Its not as if he would be the real person picking any players...thats going to be Riggs whos going to signing them off in the mean time.

WestCountryWhite

Quote from: Peabody on May 21, 2015, 09:00:12 AM
We have had our fair share of disagreements WestCountryWhite but I applaud your sentiments on this subject.

Thank you and sorry for our falling outs. I think we can all lose ourselves a bit (me more the most I'll be honest) when it comes to our beloved Fulham.

I see there are a few posts saying another twist may be on the cards. After watching the Kit video I'd be very upset with the club if that is the case as he firmly believes he will be here next year.