watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The New Riverside Stand

Started by FulhamStu, May 22, 2015, 11:05:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamStu

We shouldbe hearing pretty soon if we are pressing ahead I think.
Was May not the deadline for certain issues to be raised by ?
Did the club not say that they needed to get to May before making an
announcement ?

If we go ahead with this development it will be a massive sign that
Khan is taking us seriously.  If not, big questions will continue to be
asked and amplified !

MJG

From last meeting with Club & FST in first week in May:

At the time of the meeting, AM said that he was unaware of any objections regard to the granting of the River Works Licence in February, 2015.
The 3.v.2015 deadline had passed, but this had fallen on a Bank Holiday weekend, so the possibility existed that an objection (or objections) had arrived at the Port of London Authority (PLA) that weekend, but that it might take some time to be processed.
The Club needs to secure a works licence from the Marine Management Organisation, a body responsible for regulating depositing or removal of substances or objects from the seabed or elsewhere in tidal waters under the Marine and Coastal Access Act 2009.

FulhamStu

Thanks Mike, so we are still looking in good shape I guess ?
This for me is a big decision.  Teams, Players, Managers and
even owners come and go, however us fans and the ground remain
as the main foundation of the club.  Alfayed buying Motspur Park
was a massive forward move by the club at the time, this has
elevated us to greater heights and allowed us to be viewed as a
very serious club.  A wonderful new Stand would do the same.

MJG

If I end up with egg on my face then so be it. But I truly believe the club want to do this and everything we get told points that way.
They have already spent over £3m on planning and legal fees, but as of last meeting there is still this last bit of red tape hanging over things.

win-dup

Quote from: MJG on May 22, 2015, 11:30:51 AM
If I end up with egg on my face then so be it. But I truly believe the club want to do this and everything we get told points that way.
They have already spent over £3m on planning and legal fees, but as of last meeting there is still this last bit of red tape hanging over things.

But Mo probably spent more than 3 million on his plan for a total development of the Cottage and it came to nothing in the end as I suspect this will.....

Roberty

Quote from: win-dup on May 22, 2015, 12:33:41 PM

But Mo probably spent more than 3 million on his plan for a total development of the Cottage and it came to nothing in the end as I suspect this will.....

It makes little practical sense to drop it now and SK has plenty of that

The only way to get value back into his investment is to get us back into the Premier League and if he is aiming for that the stand has to be built

Any other scenario leaves him seriously out of pocket

When MO was making his plans there was no money in football - now the Premier League is dripping in it so a block of flats would not add as much value
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Nick Bateman

I believe the timing is not right, and Khan and his American financiers will advise him so.  Because of Ali Mack's catastrophic decision-making, Fulham are currently in no position to benefit from an eventual crowd capacity increase.

Prudence will be the order of the day, the stadium will be cancelled/postponed  and the Yank will be able to release these funds to lavish on his rabble of  NFL layabouts.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

fulhamben

Quote from: Nick Bateman on May 22, 2015, 03:32:13 PM
I believe the timing is not right, and Khan and his American financiers will advise him so.  Because of Ali Mack's catastrophic decision-making, Fulham are currently in no position to benefit from an eventual crowd capacity increase.

Prudence will be the order of the day, the stadium will be cancelled/postponed  and the Yank will be able to release these funds to lavish on his rabble of  NFL layabouts.
how can you predict when the time will be right? if we wait till we go up its too late as it would take best part of 5 years to re plan and build.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Roberty

Quote from: Nick Bateman on May 22, 2015, 03:32:13 PM
I believe the timing is not right, and Khan and his American financiers will advise him so.  Because of Ali Mack's catastrophic decision-making, Fulham are currently in no position to benefit from an eventual crowd capacity increase.

Prudence will be the order of the day, the stadium will be cancelled/postponed  and the Yank will be able to release these funds to lavish on his rabble of  NFL layabouts.

I believe you are wrong

To make sense of his investment we have to get back into the Premier League and I would be sure he knows that

When we get back to the PL the stand needs to be opened and ready for business so leaving it until a future date is not an option for him

I would be sure that the "rabble of NFL layabouts" are self-financing given the lavish TV revenue they receive

I don't for one minute think that the cost of the stand is going to financially debilitating for him
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

FulhamStu

Quote from: win-dup on May 22, 2015, 12:33:41 PM

In addition to the more positive responses, I understand a lot of the increased revenue will be from the facilities that will be open on none match days like restaurants bars and corporate meeting facilities.  An other good reason to spend money on this now is that he is able too.  Whereas, with FFP, Khans ability to spend is limited.   You have to remember how much money Khan is worth.  He can afford it, will want to leave a legacy and will want to be a success.  Its absolutely certain he will want his club in the Premier League for all sorts of reasons and doing this now makes perfect sense to me.

tommy

How many of you would move from your usual seat to the new Riverside Stand? I'm only a member so I dont have to give up a seat but will definitely have a go in the new stand

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: tommy on May 22, 2015, 05:43:47 PM
How many of you would move from your usual seat to the new Riverside Stand? I'm only a member so I dont have to give up a seat but will definitely have a go in the new stand

I've had a season ticket in the JH stand for many years but I would consider moving to the Riverside stand if the price was right and I'm still around!

dannyboi-ffc

I could never give up my seat Block DL in the JH stand. Too many great memories because its where Ive sat ever since we went back to the Cottage. Before that always stood in the enclosure. I would definitely try out the new stand for a early round cup game though.

How long do they expect the actual construction to take?
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Riversider

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on May 22, 2015, 07:10:59 PM
I could never give up my seat Block DL in the JH stand. Too many great memories because its where Ive sat ever since we went back to the Cottage. Before that always stood in the enclosure. I would definitely try out the new stand for a early round cup game though.

How long do they expect the actual construction to take?
There are no good memories in "The Stevenage Road" stand, where those lower seats are, all the good memories are of "The Enclosure"
#ifyouunderstandyouknow

MJG

The Enclosure was me for years and I miss it every game.

I'd give the top tier a go for a season  in the new stand.

Construction will be two years because of the delays.
At best I'd expect it to open start of 2018 season or earlier in year if possible.

fulham traveller

I have always said I believe it when I see it, I will happily have a bet for £100 per bet they this stand will not happen with Khan in charge, we would not pay curbs his proper money, but we will spend millions on a stand, not in my life time I am afraid

ron

The fellowship of those around me on the old Riverside terrace is something that the modern game, no matter how chromium plated the surroundings, nor how sanitised the safety arrangements, can match. Something wonderful was lost, and will never return.

MJG

As you can see from the video some of the stuff I have been passing on has now happened. Was not able to mention a few things but I'm glad the CEO at least made a statement about it today.