watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Name your greatest England 23 man squad

Started by dannyboi-ffc, May 24, 2015, 09:23:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboi-ffc

Bit bored at the minute with nothing to report on Fulham so name your best england 23 man squad. Here's mine

Manager- Bobby Robson

Banks

Cohen     Adams  Moore(c)    Cole
                                  Bryan
                Charlton  Robson

Beckham           Haynes           Finney

Shearer

Subs
Shilton
John Terry
Duncan Edwards
Pearce
Gary Neville
Scholes
Gascoigne
Stanley Matthews
Jimmy Greaves
Linekar
Rooney
Owen

Should probably have Billy Wright in there but didnt have a clue how good he was. Never heard anyone speak about him before. Didnt think Gerrard or Lampard were even close to making the grade despite their 100 or so caps. Its a lot easier to earn caps nowadays with all the friendlies and qualifiers

Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

alfie

I am surprised about Lampard if you are basing it on club form and reputation, because I am sure you never saw Duncan Edwards play, Lampard must be the highest scoring midfielder in English Football and he is not close, I know it is personal opinions and of course this is yours.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

dannyboi-ffc

Actually based on England appearances. I think Lampard did well for Chelsea and is possibly the greatest scoring midfielder english football has ever had after Charlton but for England I felt both Gerrard and Lampard were very disappointing. 100 plus caps flatters them in my opinion.

As for Duncan Edwards, I haven't even seen Bryan Robson play so my first hand experience of most of them is non existent but based on hearsay and knowledge from older generations say Edwards was very special and would've been a true legend.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

FPT

I was born in 1995 so I could never choose the old guys. My team would just be a mix of the 'Golden Generation' and a couple of players before and after.