A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Charlie Austin or Danny Ings?

Started by Toby Ward-Smith, May 25, 2015, 10:50:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

If you could sign one of these striker who would you sign?

Austin
Ings
Beckford

Toby Ward-Smith

Just wondering who you would sign if you had the opportunity to sign one? I added Beckford after his performances in the playoffs and we were linked with him on deadline day last summer. Did we miss something then? Not many wanted him myself included. This poll isn't relistic really as Austin and Ings will stay in the prem. I just wanted to see who everyone would rather have at Fulham.

bog

Charlie Austin every time.

092.gif

dannyboi-ffc

I think it would have to be Austin. Great goal return this season in an awful side, not really taken much notice of Ings so its hard to judge but I find him a bit over rated. I dont really see the fuss but like I said havent seen enough to judge properly.

As for Beckford, he cant be compared to those two but if the question was would you sign Beckford to play with Ross? Then I would say yes. He will get goals and I have always rated him for this level.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Burgf001

Ings. Think he's better suited to the Championship than Austin and Beckford.

On a side note, I don't think Beckford is all that, having seen him yesterday. His dribbling is poor but there is no doubt he's a decent finisher

Fulham76

I didn't realise how good Austins scoring record was until I just googled him. He has averaged better than a goal every 2 games for his last 3 clubs, including playing for an extremely poor team in the premier league. He also scored 48 in 42 the season before joining Swindon in the football league.

Austin for me

Buffalo76

Austin for me - 2 pee off Ebola FC if nothing else!

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Burgf001 on May 25, 2015, 11:14:17 AM
Ings. Think he's better suited to the Championship than Austin and Beckford.

On a side note, I don't think Beckford is all that, having seen him yesterday. His dribbling is poor but there is no doubt he's a decent finisher

Two points:

- why restrict ourselves to 'those better suited to the Championship'? Surely we should be looking for players who can take us to and keep us in the PL.

- Austin has scored 58 goals in 113 games for Burnley and QPR in the Championship as opposed to Ings' 27 in 87. What's wrong with that?

Anyway, no chance of getting either.

Sgt Fulham

Imagine Austin and Mccormack up front...

K33NY

lol I managed to click Beckford :P meant to click Austin :P

Steven Ageroad

PaulJ123

YankeeJim

We could get Messi and still have the same problem we have now. Limited service and poor defenders.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Bronaldinho

Austin is a great forward and he's quite old school.

But Ings on the basis that he's free agent this summer, younger while Austin is around £7-8m.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Skatzoffc

I'd go for Autin.

But, imo, we dont need any strikers!

Can we get a decent midfielder pls?

COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Burt

Neither, as they will be both in the premier league next season.

Have I taken this question too literally?

If I had a preference then it would be for Austin.

Fernhurst

Although he's not said it, Sean must be grateful to his predessor Eddie Howe.
The money received for Austin was substantial and reinvested and Danny Ings has been a gem of a signing. Both players signed by Eddie from former club Bournemouth.
He can certainly spot a player Eddie, having the confidence to sell Grabben to Norwich and investing the money in Calum Wilson was a right stroke and now Arsenal and Chelsea are sniffing about for Wison.
I have watched both players and Austin is definately the better player.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

SmithyFFC

Ings, the guy is going to absolute quality.
FTID

grandad

We don´t need any more strikers. We need proper wingers, a MF playmaker & Husband & that is for starters.
Where there's a will there's a wife

The Rock

Ings - as he is the youngest at only 22 thus we'll be able to sell him for something, though I think Austin is the better player. Love Beckford, guess he just didn't quite have it in the end to make the big time, though he is an exciting player.