Main Menu

Khan more involved than we thought ?

Started by FulhamStu, May 28, 2015, 03:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfie

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 29, 2015, 01:34:45 AM
Quote from: fulham traveller on May 29, 2015, 01:00:46 AM
It's all bull poo. Actions speak louder than words

That is how I feel, the gormless expression on Symons face during the interview, indicates that he was not taking that meeting or the contents of the discussion seriously.
sorry mr WM it indicates to me that you and 1 or 2 others are just looking for things to be wrong, and those fine old words of
"there i told you so" can be used.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Holders

Quote from: alfie on May 29, 2015, 08:02:56 AM

That is how I feel, the gormless expression on Symons face during the interview, indicates that he was not taking that meeting or the contents of the discussion seriously.
sorry mr WM it indicates to me that you and 1 or 2 others are just looking for things to be wrong, and those fine old words of

What's that in Neanderthal?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

FulhamStu

Of course actions speak louder than words, (using a sound bite to moan about sound bites) .  So you would prefer no communications would you ?   I would hate to be the sort of person who is constantly looking for things to moan about, there was loads of stuff to be positive about but if you chose to assume its all rubbish that is up to you but its a far happier life to be occationally positive and happy you know.

hovewhite

I was delighted to see some awnsers to a lot of our questions,i have to say I thought kit looked uncomfortable and I think he should be with the pressure most definitely on from the start of the season coming.

nose

Quote from: alfie on May 28, 2015, 09:08:58 PM
Quote from: nose on May 28, 2015, 04:17:18 PM
Quote from: MJG on May 28, 2015, 03:20:14 PM
I was so glad the club put the video out and these things were mentioned.
As many will know I have reported back these exact points from the FST meetings, so while not of a lot of it was new,  I'm glad the CEO has made the same points public.
All of these things have been a consistent message from the club all season, the weekly calls,  the stand, Improvements to the rest of the ground.

You are right Stu I'm surprised not more has been made of this part of the video, but then again it's not the message a lot of fans have been saying so they keep quiet about it.
Of course a lot can happen still with the stand, but they are a long way down the road now.

What they say
Quote from: MJG on May 28, 2015, 03:20:14 PM
I was so glad the club put the video out and these things were mentioned.
As many will know I have reported back these exact points from the FST meetings, so while not of a lot of it was new,  I'm glad the CEO has made the same points public.
All of these things have been a consistent message from the club all season, the weekly calls,  the stand, Improvements to the rest of the ground.

You are right Stu I'm surprised not more has been made of this part of the video, but then again it's not the message a lot of fans have been saying so they keep quiet about it.
Of course a lot can happen still with the stand, but they are a long way down the road now.

ali mac says mr khan is at motspur a lot and they speak on the phone at least once a week.
at motspur a lot? what does that mean?
but not at the cottage to see a game and certainly stay for 90 minutes, because from where i sit, on the rare occasions he does turn up, I can see he leaves very early. That really is not consistent with a man that is at Motspur a lot.

I do believe that mr khan is in for the long term and wants what is best, I honestly think it would be a good idea if we all saw him a bit more regularly and he stayed for 90 minutes.

Just a small point MAF quite often left before the end.

alfie, he did, you are quite correct, but he usually stayed to the end and, here is the main thing, he turned up quite often, a bit less after the residennt tax issue (not the right term but i am sure you know what I mean). i was astonished to learn he is motspur quite often, does he prefer watching training? he should want to attend the matches, this is a major investment for him and a sporting spectacle (I hope). he should come, i think that isn't that unreasonable.

WayneKerrins

Didnt find Rigg at all impressive. Otherwise decent interview and fair play to SB for asking the questions we all wanted to hear. Quite how Toodles  Mac toot can laud Khan as an owner leaves me almost speechless but if memory serves me well he was a Jol die hard till almost the bitter end.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Holders on May 29, 2015, 08:52:37 AM

What's that in Neanderthal?

" I told you so ".  iS Neanderthal. But when the time comes I shall not be reminding anyone, because I will be more angry than dissapointed, that Fulham had failed again to react, when the writing is clearly on the wall.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: FulhamStu on May 29, 2015, 09:34:51 AM

Of course actions speak louder than words, (using a sound bite to moan about sound bites) .  So you would prefer no communications would you ?   I would hate to be the sort of person who is constantly looking for things to moan about, there was loads of stuff to be positive about but if you chose to assume its all rubbish that is up to you but its a far happier life to be occationally positive and happy you know.

If I was a Battery, I would be positive at both ends. But that is my humble opinion.
There is none so blind as those that cannot see. 

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Well Alfie, I can reassure you that I will not be saying those immortal words, " I told you so ". As I will get no pleasure out of any failure attached to Fulham, I will not need to, as you will know yourself.

Never forget your Roots.

Jonaldiniho 88

I've backed khan for no reason but that I trusted him. Saw him in the riverside and shouted hello and he beamed back at me and I could tell he was a nice person. Couldn't be happier with an owner than him. I think we are bloody lucky. Met him in the riverside and what a gent. Long live gengis khan

JDH101

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on May 30, 2015, 01:33:23 AM
I've backed khan for no reason but that I trusted him. Saw him in the riverside and shouted hello and he beamed back at me and I could tell he was a nice person. Couldn't be happier with an owner than him. I think we are bloody lucky. Met him in the riverside and what a gent. Long live gengis khan

I think he is a good man with his heart in the right place. But I think he knows naff all about football and it shows. Look at our record under him. It is absolutely shocking. No two ways around it.

FulhamStu

Khan is not an idiot.  He will kn
Quote from: JDH101 on May 30, 2015, 01:48:19 AM

I think he is a good man with his heart in the right place. But I think he knows naff all about football and it shows. Look at our record under him. It is absolutely shocking. No two ways around it.
[/quote Khan is not an idiot.  He will know he does not understand Football and all that goes on around it.  That is why he employed Rigg.   What Khan does know about it business.  I am sure he is trying to run Fulham as a business.  Make sensible investments and try not to get ripped off.  I expect one of the reasons he is as involved as Mackintosh told us he was, is because the people he trusted...Mackintosh, Jol, Rene, Magath and to a lesser extent Symons have made sich big errors.  Still wonder how Mackintosh survived, but if you listen to the video Mack says he has never been involved in Football decisions, which would be why he is still here and the others are not !!!

God The Mechanic

Quote from: JDH101 on May 30, 2015, 01:48:19 AM

I doubt Mo knew much about football when he bought us.  You don't NEED your Chairman/owner to know about the sport - you need them to employ people who do.  He's the money man and little more.  The problem is the people who have worked under him have been poor - something he tried to rectify by the group of five when he was looking for a new manager after Magath was fired.  He has been advised poorly and his money has been spent even worse.