more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Khan more involved than we thought ?

Started by FulhamStu, May 28, 2015, 03:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamStu

Mackintosh when describing the difference between Khan and Alfayed pretty
much said that Khan was more involved in the running of the club than Alfayed.
I think most people thought he was very hands off, but Mackintosh made it very
clear that he was heavily engaged.    This is significant.

Also, I know this was said before, however Mackintosh's annoucement that the
Riverside development had gone through 2 more major hurdles, that building should
start next year, that we are potentially going to further develop the Hammersmith End
and update the Cottage are all comments to suggest Khan is in it for the long haul
and is taking his football team very seriously.

MJG

I was so glad the club put the video out and these things were mentioned.
As many will know I have reported back these exact points from the FST meetings, so while not of a lot of it was new,  I'm glad the CEO has made the same points public.
All of these things have been a consistent message from the club all season, the weekly calls,  the stand, Improvements to the rest of the ground.

You are right Stu I'm surprised not more has been made of this part of the video, but then again it's not the message a lot of fans have been saying so they keep quiet about it.
Of course a lot can happen still with the stand, but they are a long way down the road now.

ToodlesMcToot

I was certainly very happy to hear them state what should have been assumed true from the beginning - that Mr. Khan was very involved with the club, that he was continuing projects that would add value to his investment, and that did "care".

The bits of information about his care for The Cottage, the club's purchase of "a piece of the Thames", and most importantly the ongoing work to improve the Riverside and Hammersmith stands were what gave me the most pleasure. I think that just shuts down quite a lot of the counter-productive conspiracy theories about Mr Khan's intentions. Like you've said Mike, much of this message has been clear and consistent over his tenure but, the conspiracy theories haven't really gone away. I hope that an even greater majority will now understand what a good chairman he has been and continues to be for us - even though things have not gone his way very often to date.

I hope that the club will see the benefit of communications like these and continue them, perhaps twice per season. I know that they meet often with FST but, I'd wager that the vast majority of supporters do not belong to that organization and an even greater number cannot make those meetings in person. Recognizing the need for direct (as much as possible) communication with the supporters, I believe, is essential for the kind of success the club is attempting to achieve.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Roberty

If you look at the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham website - planning applications Fulham Football Club

http://public-access.lbhf.gov.uk/online-applications/simpleSearchResults.do?action=firstPage

You will see the plans there and just how many hoops the club have had to jump through as this has progressed

For - MJG > the club got permission for hospitality lounges in the JH roof space - I guess this cannot start until the press box is moved to the new riverside BUT is it still something they would LIKE to do?

It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

dannyboi-ffc

I was very happy with the interview, it answered a lot of concerns that I had. Very pleased to hear about the stand and that the club are going one further to maintain the Cottage and Hammy end. One question, did they mean capacity of hammy too or just modernised in places?

Rigg was impressive, he seems to know what he is doing and I have faith in what he said and the vision the club has.

Also pleased with Khan a lot more just by one interview from his men. It just shows you what a difference communication can make. I feel reassured with the way Rigg spoke about not spending money that will risk the clubs well being and that we will do things the right way.

My only concern is keeping Kit but even he won me over a little. They have my support and I really hope they dont let us down now. Actions speak louder than words but the insight into the structure of the club backs up my thread about us being stronger than burnley hull and Qpr long term.

Well done MJG, I never doubted you lol
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

nose

Quote from: MJG on May 28, 2015, 03:20:14 PM
As many will know I have reported back these exact points from the FST meetings, so while not of a lot of it was new,  I'm glad the CEO has made the same points public.
All of these things have been a consistent message from the club all season, the weekly calls,  the stand, Improvements to the rest of the ground.

You are right Stu I'm surprised not more has been made of this part of the video, but then again it's not the message a lot of fans have been saying so they keep quiet about it.
Of course a lot can happen still with the stand, but they are a long way down the road now.

What they say
As many will know I have reported back these exact points from the FST meetings, so while not of a lot of it was new,  I'm glad the CEO has made the same points public.
All of these things have been a consistent message from the club all season, the weekly calls,  the stand, Improvements to the rest of the ground.

ali mac says mr khan is at motspur a lot and they speak on the phone at least once a week.
at motspur a lot? what does that mean?
but not at the cottage to see a game and certainly stay for 90 minutes, because from where i sit, on the rare occasions he does turn up, I can see he leaves very early. That really is not consistent with a man that is at Motspur a lot.

I do believe that mr khan is in for the long term and wants what is best, I honestly think it would be a good idea if we all saw him a bit more regularly and he stayed for 90 minutes.

MJG

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on May 28, 2015, 03:49:48 PM
I was certainly very happy to hear them state what should have been assumed true from the beginning - that Mr. Khan was very involved with the club, that he was continuing projects that would add value to his investment, and that did "care".

The bits of information about his care for The Cottage, the club's purchase of "a piece of the Thames", and most importantly the ongoing work to improve the Riverside and Hammersmith stands were what gave me the most pleasure. I think that just shuts down quite a lot of the counter-productive conspiracy theories about Mr Khan's intentions. Like you've said Mike, much of this message has been clear and consistent over his tenure but, the conspiracy theories haven't really gone away. I hope that an even greater majority will now understand what a good chairman he has been and continues to be for us - even though things have not gone his way very often to date.

I hope that the club will see the benefit of communications like these and continue them, perhaps twice per season. I know that they meet often with FST but, I'd wager that the vast majority of supporters do not belong to that organization and an even greater number cannot make those meetings in person. Recognizing the need for direct (as much as possible) communication with the supporters, I believe, is essential for the kind of success the club is attempting to achieve.
Absolutely agree they should talk more directly to the fans like that video. Been asking for that to be done for a while. But important it's done when there is news to give or it just becomes wallpaper in a way.

MJG

Quote from: Roberty on May 28, 2015, 04:09:36 PM
If you look at the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham website - planning applications Fulham Football Club

http://public-access.lbhf.gov.uk/online-applications/simpleSearchResults.do?action=firstPage

You will see the plans there and just how many hoops the club have had to jump through as this has progressed

For - MJG > the club got permission for hospitality lounges in the JH roof space - I guess this cannot start until the press box is moved to the new riverside BUT is it still something they would LIKE to do?
I'll ask,  but I do not think the JH box's are on the table anymore.

MJG

Quote from: nose on May 28, 2015, 04:17:18 PM

What they say

ali mac says mr khan is at motspur a lot and they speak on the phone at least once a week.
but not at the cottage to see a game and certainly stay for 90 minutes, because from where i sit, on the rare occasions he does turn up, I can see he leaves very early. That really is not consistent with a man that is at Motspur a lot.

I do believe that mr khan is in for the long term and wants what is best, I honestly think it would be a good idea if we all saw him a bit more regularly and he stayed for 90 minutes.
They have the telephone/conference calls every Monday and more if required.
He has been to MP on a number of occasions,  very flying visits,  but remember we are at CC maybe 25 times a year,  and at MP or other grounds the rest of the year. The front line is CC but vast majority of work is done on site at MP.

FulhamStu

Yes Mike, I have listened to you on Cottage Talk and always read your stuff on here.  I had no doubt what you were telling was great feedback from your meetings, but for Mackintosh to put this out via video and the official website is a huge commitment that they would never make unless is was going to happen.

Also liked Rigg and even liked the fact that he somewhat put Kit on the spot. Kit was clearly uncomfortable and surely knows he need results quickly next season or is gone.  Life if tough, but Kit should be very grateful the club recognise the good work he has done and now expects imporvements.  Personally, I would have moved Kit on, however the logic of keeping him is there and I hope it all works out.

nose

Quote from: MJG on May 28, 2015, 04:29:39 PM

What they say

They have the telephone/conference calls every Monday and more if required.
He has been to MP on a number of occasions,  very flying visits,  but remember we are at CC maybe 25 times a year,  and at MP or other grounds the rest of the year. The front line is CC but vast majority of work is done on site at MP.

and my pre 3000th post is a thank you to you for your reply. My comments remain valid as do yours.
Clearly we have not done well and need to do better. I was not convinced from the video that i heard anything specifc other than the confirmation re kit and the new stand... all good stuff. The rest was fine but too general for me, body language was interesting.

I will be interested in what signings we actually make (as will we all). When tigs joined I thought he showed a level of imagination and I hope we will see that again.

colinwhite

I am also very happy that the club put this video out . And the questions asked by Sarah were for the most part what the fans wanted to ask . Agree with the analysis on here and Riggs looked vey much in charge with Kit looking quietly confident whilst obviously aware he must produce the goods .

Fulhamerica23

All along, those thinking Khan was doing nothing with the club were absolute mad. As a Jaguars fan and Fulham fan (started liking both on separate years, both before Khan took over), I knew that if Khan even did HALF as much with Fulham that he was doing in Jacksonville, Fulham are in good hands.

He's a good owner. He's gutted Jacksonville, now they're up to the point where they can compete week in and week out. He's having to gut Fulham, so be patient and enjoy the seasons as they come.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: MJG on May 28, 2015, 04:26:05 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on May 28, 2015, 03:49:48 PM

Absolutely agree they should talk more directly to the fans like that video. Been asking for that to be done for a while. But important it's done when there is news to give or it just becomes wallpaper in a way.

Point taken. I agree.

My thought was that a "State of the Club" type video from those three viewpoints would be very productive for supporter relations. I imagined that there might be other points during seasons that might be suitable as well.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

alfie

What they say

Just a small point MAF quite often left before the end.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

fulham traveller

It's all bull poo. Actions speak louder than words

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: fulham traveller on May 29, 2015, 01:00:46 AM
It's all bull poo. Actions speak louder than words

That is how I feel, the gormless expression on Symons face during the interview, indicates that he was not taking that meeting or the contents of the discussion seriously.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

JDH101

While our lot were busy making videos with Kit saying cliches, QPR were busying releasing and signing players.

Sammyffc

Pretty sure we did the same as qpr when we came down....

alfie

Quote from: JDH101 on May 29, 2015, 02:44:40 AM
While our lot were busy making videos with Kit saying cliches, QPR were busying releasing and signing players.
How long was that video 10 mins? i am sure that not much would have happened in that time slot that could not happen 10 mins later or 10 mins before, have you ever thought that perhaps they had done all they could do with regards to sounding out players at that moment.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't