watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

All gone quiet

Started by Fernhurst, June 25, 2015, 09:13:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fernhurst

Thought we may have had Richards and Cairney over the line by now.

The involvement of sometimes numerous agents can make this process doubly difficult unless you are prepared to blow all opposition out of water with bids and wage offers.
Fulham are no longer in the position to do that.

Ah well...... Sit back and wait
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

westcliff white

Villa in for Jazz now, so if he has a straight choice I would assume he will take the prem over the Championship
Every day is a Fulham day

HillingdonFFC

Heavily linked with Nathan Byrne, had an offer accepted apparently but looks to be QPR bound . According to a Bees mate we've made two bids for James Tarkowski.
So looks like plenty goi g on behind the scenes

Lighthouse

Richards was a possibility but bigger clubs in the Prem were interested. Cairney is an odd one. Rumour was he was done and dusted and then we find that we may not have even found the duster yet. We all just have to wait and see.

But I can reveal that we will be signing somebody and we will be selling somebody at some point.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FulhamStu

Maybe the club are waiting for 1st July to announce ?

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

One can only imagine the furious activity & the diminishing pad of post it notes as our trio of management pass on to each other over the board table @ CC
Name after name is struck off as too expensive, impossible demands from the prospective player & or their agent, dismissed for being too young or too old, too talented, too good for the Championship etc etc
Meanwhile @ least the January transfer window gets nearer & we always look to strengthen then don't we.....
Or maybe we can manage some revenge for what was done to us & wreck another teams plans & dreams by signing a cluster of good players as August arrives
One can only hope....
COYW!

grandad

We are Fulham. We try all window to sign this one, that one & end up on deadline day signing the few bits of rubbish for free that no one else wants.. We are then told that we tried our hardest but the fees, wages etc were too much as we have to be a sustainable business & that the club have faith in the squad we already have.
Heard it before. You becha we have.
Where there's a will there's a wife

FPT

I think Jazz Richards' performance for Wales against Belgium hasn't helped us at all. Prior to that game, it went around that we had a £500k bid accepted and I presume he went on holiday and thought things over. Now the likes of Aston Villa, Crystal Palace and West Brom have been linked, the idea of Premier League football now, plus more competitive wages will be a better idea for him, rather than dropping a division and being promoted in time.

Ashley Richards did say this on his Instagram post season: "Want to say a big thank you to Fulham FC for giving me the opportunity to come and play for them. There's been ups and downs but enjoyed every moment. Great group of lads and staff that I can now call my friends! Next season this club will go on to achieve great things as I've said from day one! Thanks again #FFC"

I don't think there's much difference in Ashley Richards and Jack Grimmer, but Richards' performance against Belgium showed me something I hadn't previously seen, he was magnificent. He was graceful in the tackle, dedicated to the cause, strong in the tackle and determined to stop crosses in the box - Eden Hazard wasn't in the game, nor was there any threat down the Belgian left hand side.

I think we may have lost Jazz Richards but you never know, he seems to have enjoyed his time here, he knows the group of players we have and he'll have a relationship with Kit Symons where he know he'll play the majority of games.

Tom Cairney I think is pretty much done from what I've heard. Blackburn supporters have accepted he's going, things are coming across as confident for the reliable Fulham supporters with information. The next 8-10 days are pretty big for the football club with us going to Portugal and starting pre-season on the 5th (next Sunday).

It's a waiting game for us, but the Ben Pringle rumours died down and were pretty much silent prior to us announcing. I can see why those would start getting frustrated, eh lets see how we look this time next week.

Riversider

Jamie O'Hara has signed apparently , just a matter of when Fulham deceide to announce it.

westcliff white

where did you hear that riversider?
Every day is a Fulham day

bog

Given our wonderful goals against column last season I would think that another central defender may being considered?  :doh:

092.gif 

MJG

Quote from: Riversider on June 25, 2015, 03:06:36 PM
Jamie O'Hara has signed apparently , just a matter of when Fulham deceide to announce it.
Good to see him fit and ready for 9 months hard graft

Wearethewhites

Quote from: MJG on June 25, 2015, 03:12:52 PM

To be honest MJG, he actually looks quite trim, compared to other seasons I've seen him.

MJG

Quote from: Wearethewhites on June 25, 2015, 03:22:52 PM
Quote from: MJG on June 25, 2015, 03:12:52 PM

To be honest MJG, he actually looks quite trim, compared to other seasons I've seen him.
I agree, he must have lost at least 2 stone since I saw him play for the Wolves U21's in Aug 2013. He was an embarrassment that day.

God The Mechanic

Aren't most clubs/players still on holiday?  Yes it'd be nice to get players in early, but if they're legitimately not thinking about football and instead spending time with their family then it's hardly a surprise that not much has happened as yet.  Especially with the Mitroglou fitness issues, I'd imagine Khan is a lot stricter in terms of medicals than he was before that.

Fernhurst

Well, well ....... You post a post turn your back and one pops up on the medics couch.......
Welcome Tom.

That's me renewing then!
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.