more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dembele

Started by Fulhamerica23, May 29, 2015, 04:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wearethewhites

Quote from: alfie on May 29, 2015, 08:09:19 PM
if he goes we can all blame kit, but it just maybe that he does not want to sign a new contract if his head is turned by his agent not much can be done about it.

From what I can see, no one has blamed Kit in this thread, the Club maybe, yes. Sometimes, I think the Kit in brigade are just as bad, because they poke they poke the Kit out brigade when quiet, just like here.

fulhamben

if he goes we can all blame kit, but it just maybe that he does not want to sign a new contract if his head is turned by his agent not much can be done about it.

or maybe he does not want to play for kit. lots of the pro kits said lets see what he can do with his own squad, so lets see not only what he can do with his own squad, but what he does to his own squad too
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

epsomraver

Quote from: Fulhamerica23 on May 29, 2015, 06:38:04 PM
Quote from: epsomraver on May 29, 2015, 06:02:43 PM
Quote from: Fulhamerica23 on May 29, 2015, 04:45:34 PM
Seems interest from Everton and other European Clubs. Wouldn't mind us unloading him. Never been too keen. Could probably catch a decent fee too.
maybe if you had a chance to watch him play especially in the U 21's you wouldn't make such a statement

U21 goals don't win us Senior games, which we need to do. I think he's still a few years away from being able to contribute week in an week out for the senior team.

I'm not saying I wouldn't try to resign him, but if teams are trying to offer cash for a player who hasn't proven anything at the senior level, then I'd take it. No promise he develops. We need a striker who can bang in goals week in and out, and I don't think he is that guy right now.

And how many games have you been to when he has played may i ask?

fulhamben

Quote from: epsomraver on May 29, 2015, 08:49:58 PM
Seems interest from Everton and other European Clubs. Wouldn't mind us unloading him. Never been too keen. Could probably catch a decent fee too.
maybe if you had a chance to watch him play especially in the U 21's you wouldn't make such a statement

U21 goals don't win us Senior games, which we need to do. I think he's still a few years away from being able to contribute week in an week out for the senior team.

I'm not saying I wouldn't try to resign him, but if teams are trying to offer cash for a player who hasn't proven anything at the senior level, then I'd take it. No promise he develops. We need a striker who can bang in goals week in and out, and I don't think he is that guy right now.

he always looks good when he plays if you ask me. esp the two derby games

Fulhamerica23

Quote from: MJG on May 29, 2015, 06:49:25 PM

So basically sell every youngster before they get a chance? Or at least have played 10 games and you have made your mind up by then.

No. What I'm saying is, that if a big club come in and offer a good sum for a youngster,then why not get the fee for him and go out and buy a striker who is ready to partner Ross and help us push for promotion?

I don't think Dembele is ready to help us push for promotion. He hasn't proven that on the senior level, hence why he's only played 10 odd times. If he stays, I hope he makes a leap and bags in goals and I'll say I was wrong, but if you have a chance to fetch millions for a guy who hasn't proven anything at the senior level, it's not crazy to take it, even if he has the potential to turn into a 15 million pound player.

..Kya.ffc..

I do think we should try our very best to keep hold of him, he will turn very good I reckon.
So far our youngsters have been hampered by we haven't had a good enough squad to implement them. If we can get the quality this window to improve our overall first team strength - before you think - I agree, by quite a bit... It could turn out to be the year where more of our young players will break into our first team besides LVC and bets. 
If we can't get him to sign a new contract then we should be happy to receive 3-5m and a hefty resell clause.
Beers may have been involved in this post.

Fulhamerica23

Been to Zero, I live overseas. So I don't see him every week in the U21s, but I could care less what he does in a U21 game if he isn't playing senior level.

fulhamben

Quote from: Fulhamerica23 on May 29, 2015, 09:03:23 PM

Been to Zero, I live overseas. So I don't see him every week in the U21s, but I could care less what he does in a U21 game if he isn't playing senior level.
thats extremily small minded, especially after the sesason betts and lvc have just had for us. two players you would have sold last season because they hadnt played first team football.

epsomraver

Quote from: fulhamben on May 29, 2015, 09:16:50 PM

thats extremily small minded, especially after the sesason betts and lvc have just had for us. two players you would have sold last season because they hadnt played first team football.
:plus one: :plus one: :plus one: another one making sweeping statements about a player who they have never seen and will not now streams are as rare as rocking horse s***

Jonaldiniho 88

Seen him a few times for first and u21 levels and the kid is very clinical. He offers what cauley doesn't and vice versa. Every time I'm seen him his first touch has been appalling. That isn't to say that his first touch is appalling but that's what I've seen.

fulhamben

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on May 29, 2015, 10:17:24 PM
Seen him a few times for first and u21 levels and the kid is very clinical. He offers what cauley doesn't and vice versa. Every time I'm seen him his first touch has been appalling. That isn't to say that his first touch is appalling but that's what I've seen.
i want to see him cauley upfront in one friendly just to see how they complement each other

Fulhamerica23

Quote from: fulhamben on May 29, 2015, 09:16:50 PM

Yall are making it sound like I'm wanting to sell every single young player. No. I don't.

If an offer comes in for Dembele, or Roberts for that matter, and it's an extremely good offer, you can't get mad at the management team for selling him, especially if he's in a contract year and will walk away on a free.

nose

i am not sure the younger dembele's first touch is totally secure. he should be better at that by now, i am not so sure about him. i haven't seen him do well that often, just the derby cup game really. cauley is brilliant and going to be a great asset we need to play him more regularly.

The Rock

We lack ambition - so he's as good as gone. There's 5-7 youth players I would have kept, and he was one of them.

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: The Rock on May 29, 2015, 11:44:14 PM
We lack ambition - so he's as good as gone. There's 5-7 youth players I would have kept, and he was one of them.

We can't play 5-7 youth players next season so we can't offer them first team football. If clubs come in for players we won't play we should cash in. I would like to keep him but he is fourth in the striker position without signing another. Give me 1-2 mill and he will go. As a club who brings youth forward holding youth back is detrimental to us. Young players will come to a club that helps them then let's them go for a better opportunity. If we are a club that does this then more talented youth will come here knowing we won't block a good move.

snarks

Thing is as MJG has said before under FFP one of the youngsters will have to go every year if the club want to buy. I like what I have seen of moussa and would like him to stay, but that may not be possible

WestCountryWhite

A strange one for me all the promise and hype yet everytime I have watched him play for the first team I've been un impressed. Of all the youngsters I'd been least upset if he left

colinwhite

Dembele is a goal scorer and he is going to be a premier league /championship striker of some class .The question is whether he will become a striker at the very top or not , He has the tools in my view ,but he needs to develop his game ,regarding link up play ,first touch ,running off the ball and attacking balls played into the box . The question really is how driven he is to improve .
I think we should hold on to him as he got noticeably stronger during the course of last season . His last appearance as sub was also superb ,during 15 minutes he hit the bar and caused the opposition all kind of problems (forget which home game it was ) . Then he failed to make the squad after that so i wouldn't be surprised if he was a bit disilusioned .

alfie

Quote from: Wearethewhites on May 29, 2015, 08:15:29 PM

From what I can see, no one has blamed Kit in this thread, the Club maybe, yes. Sometimes, I think the Kit in brigade are just as bad, because they poke they poke the Kit out brigade when quiet, just like here.
Earlier in the thread   "I'm going to be super peed off if kit sells him"
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

MJG

Quote from: colinwhite on May 30, 2015, 07:42:33 AM
Dembele is a goal scorer and he is going to be a premier league /championship striker of some class .The question is whether he will become a striker at the very top or not , He has the tools in my view ,but he needs to develop his game ,regarding link up play ,first touch ,running off the ball and attacking balls played into the box . The question really is how driven he is to improve .
I think we should hold on to him as he got noticeably stronger during the course of last season . His last appearance as sub was also superb ,during 15 minutes he hit the bar and caused the opposition all kind of problems (forget which home game it was ) . Then he failed to make the squad after that so i wouldn't be surprised if he was a bit disilusioned .
That cameo he made was great,  and then typical Symons kills the confidence by not picking him again.