News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Not encouraging. Would not buy a season ticket on the strength of it.

Started by Alternative, May 30, 2015, 11:28:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

Quote from: cmg on May 30, 2015, 11:48:44 AM

Your choice, of course.

Quote from: Alternative on May 30, 2015, 11:28:03 AM

The clincher is Kit. It seems he will be staying. However, all he offers is cliches.

I can't think of many non-Portuguese managers who don't communicate in clichés. Who would you like? Jane Austen?

Beauty
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

NogoodBoyo

Where the heckingod did this wonderful thread go?  Bread of Cheshire?  Portuguese beaches?
For my part, I only got to see the famous interview last night.  My views?  Sarah entered the lion's den armed with some needling questions indeed.
In situations like this, you have to look at the body language and the person or people most willing to answer questions, be they aimed at them or one of the others.
To me it's absolutely clear that:
- Riggs is 100% the man in charge, the man with the ideas and the man with the ear and the backing of the chairman.
- Macintosh was a spent force with a demoted look about him who seemed to be hearing much about the new structure and strategy for the first time in that interview.
- Kit looked uncomfortable and out of his depth, living on borrowed time between the soon-to-be-warring parties of Riggs and Macintosh.  It was evident to me that he has only kept his job because Riggs and Special K want "stability."
This does not augur well for the immediate future (or the coming season) as there will still be behind the scenes politics tugging the management/coaching staff from pillar to post.  We have yet to sort out the Curbishley role too.
So, I fear Kit will struggle, players won't know who to listen to and who to talk to.  And the coaching staff lacks the experience and talent to manage more of that.  We'll have another tough season on our hands and will continue to under-perform until this upper management mess is cleared up for good.
Nogood "was in a few of those myself, isit" Boyo

Alternative

^ Why interview the three of them together? Does that signify anything? Usually the manager fronts up on his own.

I did not necessarily see Rigg as the top man but I did think Kit was uncomfortable.

Lighthouse

I lived in Alderley Edge, Cheshire for 12 years on an estate. Very nice place but no footballers in my day. I did see the odd Coronation Street actor.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Oakeshott

"Kit looked uncomfortable and out of his depth, living on borrowed time between the soon-to-be-warring parties of Riggs and Macintosh.  It was evident to me that he has only kept his job because Riggs and Special K want "stability.""

If we go with the premise that Riggs is the man in charge as far as Khan is concerned, it surely follows that he (Riggs) will advise what he believes will bring success. If Riggs has advised "stability" at manager level, then it surely follows that he takes the optimistic side of the debate we have been having on numerous threads recently, ie that, not handicapped by the dreadful start we had under Magath, with a squad strengthened by players of his choice, and with the experience he gained last season, Kit will do ok.

Some posters have observed that Kit will be under pressure from day one of the new season. But on the "Riggs-is-the-main-man" premise, he (Riggs) will be under similar pressure. For if the early part of the new season should go poorly, while it may be that it is Kit who loses his job in the short term Khan will surely lose any confidence he has in Riggs's judgement. A big call on Riggs' part, and let us hope he has made the right one.

Mince n Tatties

I thought Kit was going to fall asleep..
He just doesnt ooze enthusiaism and charisma does he..

Reznor

Some go on as if Riggs is some sort of savior and will work miracles. I for one won't hold my breath. I get a nasty feeling in my gut about the goings on at Fulham these days and I will be happy with just not being in another relegation scrap.

Asotosyios

Quote from: Reznor on June 01, 2015, 01:24:16 PM
Some go on as if Riggs is some sort of savior and will work miracles. I for one won't hold my breath. I get a nasty feeling in my gut about the goings on at Fulham these days and I will be happy with just not being in another relegation scrap.

He is not a saviour. His role is similar to that of the General Manager in the professional sports in the USA and he will be responsible for most (if not all) players' acquisitions and sales, so that Kit can focus on the training department and not have too much on his plate (either due to his inexperience or because more and more clubs move away from the traditional model of the manager that decides for everything).

YoungsBitter

I watched it briefly but rewatched just now and couple of comments:
1. Agree Rigg is very clear in his signals to McIntosh and us that he has Khan's ear on football matters and as much as McIntosh does have Khan's ear on property issues like the Cottage improvements and Riverside development football is Rigg's and Rigg's alone.
2. The comments by Kit about the committee approach on recruitment seems to me to be a direct comments on the Magath era, I would bet that Magath did both the recruitment and selection despite McIntosh's input, probably he insisted upon it when they hired him. The shotgun approach of last summer with the additions of Fotheringham, Voser and Chihi as well as Smith, Hoogland, Staff etc was the Mad Mags signature move from his prior jobs.
3. Khan is either very engaged or at least keen to be seen to be engaged - at Motspur a lot, on the phone to each of them at minimum weekly. So the "absentee owner" jibe is probably inappropriate.
4. The issue with Kit's credibility with the fans is on the table and I have to say I share the lack of enthusiasm for the guy of most on this Forum. He does not come over with much conviction, just seems to be a string of cliches and homilies so lets see whether he truly has learned. The acid test will be the first set piece we concede from - if its in the 75th minute of the 3rd or 4th game then he has, if its in the 6th minute of the first game I guess not.
Quark, strangeness and charm

love4ffc

I watched the interview when it first came out.  Just went back and re-watched it.  My thoughts are:

1.  As with all things the club puts out the interview seemed scripted and directed.  No ground breaking earth shattering news or real insight into the direction the club should be moving.

2.  Sadly again with all things the club and Kit put out there is no inspiration.  Nothing to make us sit up and pay attention. 

3.  I see the interview in a different light.  For me the main message is that Riggs, Kit and Mac all have separate jobs and that no one job is actually more important then the others.  At least as far as the direction the club will take and the players it will target.  A sort of checks and balances system if you will.  Kit sorts out what style of football and players he wants to play and target.  Riggs debates Kit's targets and helps Kit to find what he needs or makes what he thinks would be better targets to fit Kit's needs.  Riggs makes sure the player targets are financially feasible and that the books stay balanced and the club sustainable. 

5.  Curbs will remain in the background.  He'll toss in his advice here and there when asked.  Help to target, seek out and acquire what Kit and Riggs want.  At the end of the day he'll collect his check and go home. 

6.  Khan to me seems like the kind of leader that tries to find the right people to do what is right to take his ventures forward.  Maintains in contact with his staff and gives them enough time and rope to either prove themselves or hang themselves.  I'll bet he is still waiting to see how Riggs, Kit and Mac do. 

7.  If our season goes astray again I believe it will be Mac and Kit both who will be in the hot seat.  So long as the books and bottom line stay sharp I think Mac will be ok. 

Again, all of this just speculation.  Even when the club puts out a statement it only raises more questions.  Again there is just not enough transparency. 

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?