News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Blow tradition lets sell the name of the FA cup to the highest bidder!

Started by epsomraver, May 30, 2015, 03:01:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboi-ffc

It bugs me when clubs rename stadiums etc and now this. Its sad money becomes priority over tradition but at least it will still be known as the fa cup rather than being called the emirates cup.

The thing that annoys me about this particular one and its probably silly but they are associated with Arsenal. I dont think the Fa Cup sponsors should sponsor a club at the same time. Probably petty but I dont like it
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Alternative

Tradition already blown

a)when kick off time moved from 3 o'clock

and

B) failure to punish Manchester United for their no show - when they decided to play in Japan instead.

cmg

Disgraceful, disgusting, disappointing...but, in these days, inevitable.

One of the most painful consequences of this will be the collusion of commentators in hijacking the history of the competition. Horseracing sold it's heritage in this way some time ago and we have to put up with being told such nonsense as, "Ormonde won the Zippo Toilet Cleaner (or whatever) Derby in 1886."

Peabody

Lighthouse

The FA Cup is not the iconic competition it used to be so by all means sell the name. Once you mess about with the time as Alternative said, tradition has all but been ignored. Selling football by the pound as Genesis nearly sung.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Logicalman

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 30, 2015, 03:38:21 PM
The FA Cup is not the iconic competition it used to be so by all means sell the name. Once you mess about with the time as Alternative said, tradition has all but been ignored. Selling football by the pound as Genesis nearly sung.

Sorry LH, disagree with the opening statement, the  FA Cup still has the draw, prominance and prestige as the oldest footie comp in the world.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

LBNo11

... If it must be sponsored I hope its sponsored and named after Martin Jol's brother Cock. Then we can hear all the media refer to it is as the Cock Cup..!
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

alfie

It is the way everything will go now, unfortunately as much as tradition plays a major part in our lives it does not pay the bills, we all want a better stadium with improved facilities, better players that cost a lot more money, the money just has to come from somewhere.

For me I am not a lover of too much tradition, nice to see but things change over the years, I would think when the first seating stands were built the oldies (us of their day) moaned about it.

I would rather have Fulham with a sponsored name than no Fulham at all.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Holders

Maybe they'll rename it the "English FA Cup".  Nah, that'd never catch on.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Forever Fulham

The FA Cup, brought to you by Chico's Bail Bonds.
And the sponsor's slogan:  "Bringing Back the Cup, Dead or Alive."
Cue the music!

snarks

Quote from: Alternative on May 30, 2015, 03:16:56 PM
Tradition already blown

and

B) failure to punish Manchester United for their no show - when they decided to play in Japan instead.

B is very harsh, they were asked to play in it by the FA to help boost Englands bid for the 2006 world cup. They did not "decide to play in Japan" (as the world club championship was held in Brazil).

Bit difficult for the FA to say go to Japan at the same time as the 3rd round but still play in the cup, they would have had to put their youth team out, which may have been unfair and really devalued the cup. Also the Fa could have rejigged fixtures to make the 3rd game involving Man Ud on a date after their return, but didn't due to other fixtures.

westcliff white

Quote from: snarks on June 01, 2015, 02:38:10 PM
Quote from: Alternative on May 30, 2015, 03:16:56 PM
Tradition already blown

and

B is very harsh, they were asked to play in it by the FA to help boost Englands bid for the 2006 world cup. They did not "decide to play in Japan" (as the world club championship was held in Brazil).

Bit difficult for the FA to say go to Japan at the same time as the 3rd round but still play in the cup, they would have had to put their youth team out, which may have been unfair and really devalued the cup. Also the Fa could have rejigged fixtures to make the 3rd game involving Man Ud on a date after their return, but didn't due to other fixtures.
Agree Snarks, if I remember united were put in a position where they could to win no matter what decision they made. Not their fault at all and would have been unfair to punish them in any way.

they could also have played the game prior to United leaving for the far east but again the FA and Premier league decided not too.
Every day is a Fulham day