watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We are getting shafted, mark my words

Started by fulham traveller, May 31, 2015, 10:38:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

win-dup

If and when work is ever started on the Riverside, then all speculation about Khan's very mysterious involvement in the club should cease. Unless of course there are luxury flats incorporated in the stand.................

H4usuallysitting

We're going down the Membership route this season.....but may go for a half season ticket....for us it's a mixture of travel, self employment and getting older....

filham

Quote from: Fernhurst on May 31, 2015, 11:41:29 PM
A couple of aspirational signings and a definitive start date for the new stand before the season starts and all this angst will dissipate.

There is hope but at this moment not much seems to be happening and we are all waiting for some positive news.

The following events would make a tremendous difference to our spirit;-

1. Good transfer fees secured for Riuz and Mitroglou

2. Roberts , Dembele ,LVC and Hyndman sign extended contracts

3. We sign established full backs, pacey wide left player and proven playmaker in god time for pre season matches.

Wimbledon_White

Is this thread for real?

So are you suggesting that the club hierarchy are bare-faced lying to us in that video last week?

"Khan loves Craven Cottage", "we are staying at Craven Cottage"

How is that spinning something? They are matter of fact statements.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: filham on June 01, 2015, 10:35:05 AM
A couple of aspirational signings and a definitive start date for the new stand before the season starts and all this angst will dissipate.

There is hope but at this moment not much seems to be happening and we are all waiting for some positive news.

3. We sign established full backs, pacey wide left player and proven playmaker in god time for pre season matches.

We need a pacey wide right player as well. Any notion that Patrick can go from playing very little last season in the Championship to starting every game is just misplaced enthusiasm for him. He's a talent, sure, but, he should be subbing in often next season at most and fighting for his time against a proven starter at this level.......if promotion is truly the aim this season.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

mikestrand

Quote from: fulham traveller on May 31, 2015, 10:38:44 PM
As a lifelong ffc fan, going every week since the 1980 s, and only 1 of 29 who went to the Faroe Islands. I cannot bring myself to renew.? We have a ceo who s only job is to put a good spin on things, when behind the scenes the club is falling apart, Khan will strip this club of his assets, I really believe we will go down this season,McCormack wants out, we have a clueless manager,who   keeps his job because he is cheap, Khan won't sell until he can get his money back. This really worries me, we could easily be back in the lower divisions very soon, if anyone can convince me otherwise I am all ears, really upsetting days I am afraid
Cheer up were only 5-6 good quality first team signings and a capable experienced manager away from making the play offs.

filham

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on June 01, 2015, 01:51:19 PM
Quote from: filham on June 01, 2015, 10:35:05 AM

We need a pacey wide right player as well. Any notion that Patrick can go from playing very little last season in the Championship to starting every game is just misplaced enthusiasm for him. He's a talent, sure, but, he should be subbing in often next season at most and fighting for his time against a proven starter at this level.......if promotion is truly the aim this season.
I see LVC as the pacey wide right player.

Logicalman

Lets give each other the benefit of the doubt and respect each others opinions, eh?

I totally disagree with the OP, but I can certainly understand where this pov comes from (albeit not too certain regarding the source aspect), things have not apparently changed enough from the shambles we called last season at the club, but we look towards the rest of the close season to see what happens.

There are many members on here who do personally know people inside the club and coaching staff, and it is wrong to ever look for them to state their sources, so please don't. Recalling a placard in the pub I used to work in states "Please don't ask for credit, as a smack in the nose often offends", same goes for sources I'm afraid.

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

SmithyFFC

Quote from: Northern Cottager on June 01, 2015, 12:05:39 AM

Am I the only person not bothered about this new stand?!

Id rather we competed on the pitch first.

+1, what's the point in a new stand if we aren't going to attract the crowds to make it a worthwhile investment?
FTID

Roberty

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on June 01, 2015, 04:09:46 PM

+1, what's the point in a new stand if we aren't going to attract the crowds to make it a worthwhile investment?

First?

We can do both at the same time - there is no FFP restriction on ground improvements

The only thing that makes financial sense for SK it to get us back into the Premier League asap or do you think there is another scenario that recovers the value of his investment?
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

MJG

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on June 01, 2015, 04:09:46 PM

So what do you do?  Get promoted next season,  which means you wait to announce work on the stand which would not be able to start till 2017 then and take two years.
Which potentially means we have
16-17
17-18
18-19
In the PL with the ground still stuck at 25700 and the problems... less income.. That results in.
So we have to look at building it sooner rather than later,  or we will always be playing catchup.

Arthur

Quote from: Logicalman on June 01, 2015, 03:57:25 PM
There are many members on here who do personally know people inside the club and coaching staff, and it is wrong to ever look for them to state their sources, so please don't. Recalling a placard in the pub I used to work in states "Please don't ask for credit, as a smack in the nose often offends", same goes for sources I'm afraid.

It is rare indeed that I find myself disagreeing strongly enough with your view to respond, but this is one such occasion.

In my opinion, if a contributor doesn't want to be asked to name a source, the simple solution is to not reveal that there is one in the first place. Just say what there is to be said: 'I think Ross is unhappy and will leave this summer' is no less informative than, 'My source inside the Club tells me that Ross etc.'

How many times do we read of someone claiming to have information from a source and that speculation proves to be accurate? Not all that often, it seems to me. Among a number, I recall a contributor who claimed his source had told him that Mitroglou's knee injury meant that he wouldn't play for us again: he came on as a substitute two days later. Then, last autumn, there was the contributor whose 'source' had informed him that Chris Hughton would be appointed as our new manager imminently. Ahem.

Maybe I am in the minority, but to claim to have a source, when one is not prepared to divulge who that person is, will always have a strong whiff of pretentiousness about it - for the simple reason that it is clearly open to exploitation by anyone who wants to try to hoodwink the rest of us.

hovewhite

whatever happens during this summer ,as long as Fulham are playing I will be watching them cause you know what don't give excuses if in your heart you don't want to part with your hard earned just come out and say so not blame the club and of course its your money to do with what you please.

ffcbrighton

If you've been going "every week since the 80s" then surely you should be aware (more than anyone) that there have been far worse days than this. We're in the 2nd tier for crying out loud we're hardly Portsmouth.

Stop being negative and just renew. You should know better.
Mick McCarthy has got a big nose.