watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We are getting shafted, mark my words

Started by fulham traveller, May 31, 2015, 10:38:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulham traveller

As a lifelong ffc fan, going every week since the 1980 s, and only 1 of 29 who went to the Faroe Islands. I cannot bring myself to renew.? We have a ceo who s only job is to put a good spin on things, when behind the scenes the club is falling apart, Khan will strip this club of his assets, I really believe we will go down this season,McCormack wants out, we have a clueless manager,who   keeps his job because he is cheap, Khan won't sell until he can get his money back. This really worries me, we could easily be back in the lower divisions very soon, if anyone can convince me otherwise I am all ears, really upsetting days I am afraid

Max Headroom

I hear your pain, and I hope you are wrong

Fulham76

Quote from: fulham traveller on May 31, 2015, 10:38:44 PM
As a lifelong ffc fan, going every week since the 1980 s, and only 1 of 29 who went to the Faroe Islands. I cannot bring myself to renew.? We have a ceo who s only job is to put a good spin on things, when behind the scenes the club is falling apart, Khan will strip this club of his assets, I really believe we will go down this season,McCormack wants out, we have a clueless manager,who   keeps his job because he is cheap, Khan won't sell until he can get his money back. This really worries me, we could easily be back in the lower divisions very soon, if anyone can convince me otherwise I am all ears, really upsetting days I am afraid

Kahn won't be getting his money back while we're in the championship or lower, so that's a good sign. And who says McCormack wants out???

YankeeJim

The 1,347,567th We are Doomed thread.     :dead horse: :dead horse: :dead horse:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Lighthouse

I can tell you are very frustrated. But none of what you say is fact, just speculation. I felt your pain but in the days when it was clear our last owner had stopped bank rolling us and our manager was unable to do much with an aged side. We were heading down since Hughes left. We had plenty of opportunity to try and halt that slide but didn't.

Before this season I said we would struggle because our manager and the side he put together wasn't very good. Since then the squad hasn't been added to bar a few loan players. Now however we have a more settled set up and must wait to see what happens. My belief is that things will get better and frankly can't understand why so many people seem so upset now, three or four years too late when the damage was clear to see.

My opinion is we will reverse the slide, not necessarily promotion, just better than we have been. I have seen us in all four divisions. This doesn't feel like a another slide.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Wearethewhites

We are not deliberately being shafted, we just genuinely have an owner who doesn't have a clue, or didn't when he purchased FFC. Your statement doesn't add up, because the appointment of Mike Rigg doesn't make sense if Kahn is stripping assets? Rigg has been hired to attract assets, not sell them, and he won't have come cheap either.

Bottom line is, we were a sinking ship well before Kahn bought the Club, his clueless approach just added to things. If you want to blame anyone, blame Fayed, he was the once that basically sold us down the river and stopped all investment.     

Fernhurst

A couple of aspirational signings and a definitive start date for the new stand before the season starts and all this angst will dissipate.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

fulhamben

Quote from: Fernhurst on May 31, 2015, 11:41:29 PM
A couple of aspirational signings and a definitive start date for the new stand before the season starts and all this angst will dissipate.
lets hope so
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Northern Cottager

Am I the only person not bothered about this new stand?!

Id rather we competed on the pitch first.

fulham traveller

I feel better for that feedback, we should be banned on here talking about a new stand, I know Ross wants out, I heard it from the same source who told me he was signing for us, long before it came public, you are right Al frayed was trying to sell since the Europa cup final, let's hope for a few new signings, can't see it myself

The Rock

Khan won't sell the club at a loss?

Ross wants out?

Wearethewhites

Quote from: fulham traveller on June 01, 2015, 12:18:29 AM
I feel better for that feedback, we should be banned on here talking about a new stand, I know Ross wants out, I heard it from the same source who told me he was signing for us, long before it came public, you are right Al frayed was trying to sell since the Europa cup final, let's hope for a few new signings, can't see it myself

I don't know who your source is, but I can assure you that Ross is 'currently' happy at FFC, and that his partner is loving life down in London. However, another poor season filled with false promises, and I can see that changing. A big summer is needed for all involved.

HatterDon

Each day people evaluate their financial priorities and make spending changes. Ultimately, it always comes down to opportunity cost. There is something or a multitude of somethings you'd rather spend the cost of a season ticket on than ON a season ticket.

There doesn't need to be a whole philosophical wrapper around that decision. At some point, you've decided that Fulham no longer commands as much of your attention as it once did. That's cool. But deep down, it's not because of what anyone said or didn't say, who is in charge or who isn't, or who is in the squad and who is no longer there. No, it's because in a world with limited financial resources and a multitude of options, you've found something more pleasurable to spend your money on.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

RaySmith

Obviously ticket sales will decline the longer we aren't in the Prem. As Hatter says, many will decide they'd rather spend their money on something else than watching lower level teams at the Cottage, after  13 years of seeing glamorous superstars  every home game.

Fair enough, but some come on the Forum and say this is the reason I'm nor renewing - and they  then cite some over the top Doomsday scenario, and paranoid conspiracy theory as the reason  for not renewing.

I agree with Lighthouse that thee seems more reason for cautious optimism about the club, than for a few years, though I'm also not sure that we will get promotion this season, but think we will be challenging in the top half of the table if we can get the right players in.

Though the OP is entitled to their opinion, if that's what they really think -and maybe they do think that, which is understandable given what's happened to the club in recent years.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Northern Cottager on June 01, 2015, 12:05:39 AM

Am I the only person not bothered about this new stand?!

Id rather we competed on the pitch first.

Apparently in yesterday's Red Top Khan is in love with the
little Cottage in the Corner and it is going to be spruced up inside
and out...

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: fulham traveller on May 31, 2015, 10:38:44 PM

Im led to believe that Ross has never been happier
at a club than he is now...

FortCollinsFulham

Oh look ... another hyperbolic, speculative, doomsday thread.  :dead horse: 093.gif

'Cause I'm already gone, if you bet on me you've won.

Up you Whites

Roberty

What assets are there to strip?

Now we are in the Championship there is just a black hole

Do the sums: the value of his investment disappeared when we were relegated and will not return until we're back in the Premier League
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

b+w geezer

Quote from: Roberty on June 01, 2015, 07:21:57 AM
the value of his investment disappeared window when were relegated and will not return until we're back in the Premier League
At last, with the latest Prem TV deal onwards, clubs our size can start to cash in once they've got their act together. Crystal Palace made a £23 million pre-tax profit for example. Reasons for not wishing to join that party would be what? (A question for the original poster).

Blanco

Wah wah heard it all before. Another over reaction. The club won't go down next season. I'm not going to argue with your other points because they make no sense and your overreacting. Can't people just be positive. Take a break this summer and be ready for next season and lets see what the club can accomplish. All this slagging off the club and overreacting is a joke.