watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stekelenburg

Started by Cravenawin, June 01, 2015, 05:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cravenawin

Monaco won't be taking up the option of signing him. Think we might be stuck with someone else who doesn't want to play for us a la Bryan.

cmg

Fulham and Monaco currently in dispute over who is to pay for the operation to remove the bench that has become stuck to his backside.

HatterDon

"but ... but ... but ... he played in a World Cup Final!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Sorry; this was a dissenting comment from one of my "Jol Out" threads two summers ago.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Asotosyios

He will probably leave on loan again or we could even manage to sell him for £1-2m; there were rumours that Southampton may be interested in him.

In the unlikely scenario that he stays, he will be our no1 and Bettinelli on the bench.

BarryP

Why would he start over Betts this coming year when he was moved out to make room for anyone else last year?
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

God The Mechanic

Quote from: BarryP on June 01, 2015, 06:22:53 PM
Why would he start over Betts this coming year when he was moved out to make room for anyone else last year?

He was moved out by Magath who deemed Kiraly a better keeper.  There were numerous players who were ignored/shipped out late last summer who could/did do a job for us when they returned.

Asotosyios

He was loaned out because of his wages, not because he was not good enough. If we had had to choose between Stekelenburg, Bettinelli, Kiraly and Joronen last August, I am sure all of us would have chosen Stekelenburg.

I like Bettinelli a lot, but we can't have Stekelenburg as no2 if he stays - I am sure he will go though.

H4usuallysitting

Wonder how much his salary is

glenhodgso

Quote from: cmg on June 01, 2015, 05:25:21 PM

Fulham and Monaco currently in dispute over who is to pay for the operation to remove the bench that has become stuck to his backside.

064.gif

MikeW

Salary - 60 grandish?  International: had to be tempted: Premier League wages.  What do you reckon?
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

mccscratch

I am pretty sure Stek is the best keeper at the club by a country mile.... he has value we just have to be smart...

and people need to get over Bryan "not wanting to be here"... he was coming off a World Cup were he was on the all tournament team... would any of you want to play in a second division of a league if you just did that? Thought so...

The club screwed up the paperwork to let him go to Spain.. he still turned out for us played well. GET OVER IT...
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

HatterDon

Stek is over the hill and he can't dive for fear of hurting his shoulders. This was a completely useless move by Jol, and we should release him outright if we can't sell him. Betts and AN Other for me.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Wearethewhites

Quote from: HatterDon on June 01, 2015, 11:29:57 PM
Stek is over the hill and he can't dive for fear of hurting his shoulders. This was a completely useless move by Jol, and we should release him outright if we can't sell him. Betts and AN Other for me.

Over the hill?? He's 32!!

love4ffc

Bett is our number 1 for me.  Don't need another unhappy camper in the bunch.  Help him move on and hopefully we can get a little something for the effort. 

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

leonffc

Quote from: Wearethewhites on June 02, 2015, 12:18:08 AM
Quote from: HatterDon on June 01, 2015, 11:29:57 PM

Over the hill?? He's 32!!

Haha, a bit like the radio phone in about Niemi when at hearts:
Caller: I cant for the life of me why Niemi didn't get in the Scotland squad the way he's been playing
Presenter: Niemi? He's Finnish
C: Finished? Noo way, He's Only 28!
P: No, no, He's Finnish. From Finland
C: Eh? Really? Ah thought he wa' Scottish

If Steks attitude was right I think I'd have him as No.1 with Betts putting huge pressure on him to perform and keep his spot. I really like Betts and thought he saved us a lot more than lots seemed to think he cost us. I'd be happy to have Betts as first choice but if he could learn from Skek then all the better.

But that's if Steks attitude was right!!  :022:

westcliff white

Quote from: mccscratch on June 01, 2015, 07:39:11 PM
I am pretty sure Stek is the best keeper at the club by a country mile.... he has value we just have to be smart...

and people need to get over Bryan "not wanting to be here"... he was coming off a World Cup were he was on the all tournament team... would any of you want to play in a second division of a league if you just did that? Thought so...

The club screwed up the paperwork to let him go to Spain.. he still turned out for us played well. GET OVER IT...
Agree he is the best keeper, but he is also injury prone.

As for Brian I get why he wants to go, but the club never screwed the move to Spain up, we submitted our paperwork prior to the Spanish deadline by 5 minute sor so, as confirmed by the FA, Levante didnt they got theirs in after the deadline, which was confirmed when the appealed, after the deadline, for the deal to go through. The only thing where we made a mistake was thinking that the deadline was the same time as in the UK when in fact it was an hour earlier, we did however submit in time for the Spanish deadline even after that mistake. Wither way he is still here and like last year if he has to play I think he will give his all.
Every day is a Fulham day

Bronaldinho

To be honest, I think Stek gets a lot of heavy criticism when he doesn't deserve it.

He came to us with an incredibly decent reputation, but unfortunately didn't play too much while at Roma. An experienced goalkeeper, and a tremendous shot-stopper, on paper the move seemed to tick all the boxes. Dutch manager, chance to re-build himself.

Unfortunately, in reality the defence in front of him was nothing short of abysmal. Despite some absolutely world-class saves, he was oddly deemed as a bad keeper. Don't get it myself, because he kept us in a lot of games. Then again, I suppose he'll forever be remembered for a mistake at WBA rather than his good performances.

@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

westcliff white

Quote from: Bronaldinho on June 02, 2015, 09:10:19 AM
To be honest, I think Stek gets a lot of heavy criticism when he doesn't deserve it.

He came to us with an incredibly decent reputation, but unfortunately didn't play too much while at Roma. An experienced goalkeeper, and a tremendous shot-stopper, on paper the move seemed to tick all the boxes. Dutch manager, chance to re-build himself.

Unfortunately, in reality the defence in front of him was nothing short of abysmal. Despite some absolutely world-class saves, he was oddly deemed as a bad keeper. Don't get it myself, because he kept us in a lot of games. Then again, I suppose he'll forever be remembered for a mistake at WBA rather than his good performances.

He made some top saves for us, the mistake happens for me I remember the saves. If he is fit and wanting to stay and play it is a good addition to the squad. Make you right about the defence we had a poor poor year in the relegation season.
Every day is a Fulham day

Skatzoffc

Sorry Mc. I cant agree there.
Betts is the better keeper for a number of reasons, cheifly:-

1. He wants to play for the club.
2. He hasn't got a dodgy shoulder.
3. He's hasn't disappeared up his own back passage regarding his talents.
4. He doesn't cost the earth in wages.

Stick with Betts and get rid of bad rubbish imo.

coyw!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Twig

Quote from: Skatzoffc on June 02, 2015, 10:56:09 AM

Sorry Mc. I cant agree there.
Betts is the better keeper for a number of reasons, cheifly:-

1. He wants to play for the club.
2. He hasn't got a dodgy shoulder.
3. He's hasn't disappeared up his own back passage regarding his talents.
4. He doesn't cost the earth in wages.

Stick with Betts and get rid of bad rubbish imo.

coyw!

I am with Mc on this one.
1. How do we know Stek does not want to play for the club?
2. As far as I am aware his shoulder has healed, unless we have access to a medical report that says otherwise?
3. Silly
4. His wages (which again we don't actually know) even assuming they are much greater than Betts have nothing to do with whether he is the better keeper for us or not.