more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Merged: Sepp Blatter

Started by St. Andrews White, June 02, 2015, 05:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logicalman

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on June 03, 2015, 06:53:26 PM
Anyone else find it ironic that we are talking about the forced use of such things while using a picture that so obviously portrays a woman's personal choice to wear the hijab??

Is it personal choice though?
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Logicalman on June 04, 2015, 01:23:31 PM
Anyone else find it ironic that we are talking about the forced use of such things while using a picture that so obviously portrays a woman's personal choice to wear the hijab??

Speaking specifically about that photo and only about that photo, there is more evidence to suggest that it is a personal choice than there is to suggest that it isn't.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

nose

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on June 04, 2015, 04:28:55 PM

Speaking specifically about that photo and only about that photo, there is more evidence to suggest that it is a personal choice than there is to suggest that it isn't.

Actually, IMO the enforced religious imperative to have its followers follow a strict dress code is troublesome enough in normal life and when it it spills over into sport it is even more disturbing. I personally do not think this can be considered a free choice because it not as simple as that. What is more, there is no religious requirement to cover oneself in that way, there is clearly absolute pressure to wrap up.

I am totally distressed that FIFA allow it, in the same way I cannot see any justification for covering the face so the basic human identity is hidden.

This 2015 not the medieval age time women were truly set free from oppression.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: nose on June 04, 2015, 04:41:56 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on June 04, 2015, 04:28:55 PM

Actually, IMO the enforced religious imperative to have its followers follow a strict dress code is troublesome enough in normal life and when it it spills over into sport it is even more disturbing. I personally do not think this can be considered a free choice because it not as simple as that. What is more, there is no religious requirement to cover oneself in that way, there is clearly absolute pressure to wrap up.

I am totally distressed that FIFA allow it, in the same way I cannot see any justification for covering the face so the basic human identity is hidden.

This 2015 not the medieval age time women were truly set free from oppression.

Fair enough. And in large part, I agree with you.

As I made clear though, I was only speaking to irony of having a conversation regarding the "forcing" of the hijab onto women in sport while using a photo that so obviously demonstrates that a choice to wear it has been made by the female player. If you'll note in the background, her teammate is not wearing the hijab or anything that suggests a "modesty rule" amongst their team.

I do not feel that it is the best use of FIFA's power to make this decision for players and their teams.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Shredhead

Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on June 02, 2015, 08:41:50 PM
Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on June 02, 2015, 08:28:24 PM
Quote from: Greek on June 02, 2015, 07:03:56 PM
Quote from: sunburywhite on June 02, 2015, 06:02:04 PM
Thye must have got something on him and let him know it

This.

Now we just need to make sure the arab prince doesn't get the position. His only contribution to football so far was ensuring the Hijab can worn at games.

whats wrong with that? why shouldn't women be allowed to wear that when they play?

I agree.
so do I.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

Shredhead

Anyway, back to the subject. Jack Warner was also President of the T&T football federation. When the country played USA in 1990 for qualification to the finals the stadium was over capacity and he walked off with suitcases of cash. His company built stadia for the Youth World Cup finals in T&T in 2000 (or thereabouts), his sons got the catering concessions and travel concessions, he never paid the T&T team that got to the 2006 finals and gave England a fright, he asked the Scottish FA to be paid in cash for playing some games up there etc etc. don't believe a word he says.

Nick Bateman

Quote from: Shredhead on June 05, 2015, 09:33:32 PM
Anyway, back to the subject. Jack Warner was also President of the T&T football federation. When the country played USA in 1990 for qualification to the finals the stadium was over capacity and he walked off with suitcases of cash. His company built stadia for the Youth World Cup finals in T&T in 2000 (or thereabouts), his sons got the catering concessions and travel concessions, he never paid the T&T team that got to the 2006 finals and gave England a fright, he asked the Scottish FA to be paid in cash for playing some games up there etc etc. don't believe a word he says.

In all business, contracts are made and whomever is awarded the contract will "walk away with wads of filthy lucre" to use a parlance.  This does not mean it is unlawful, illegal nor corrupt and I would be interested to hear the evidence the FBI have in not just accusing these FIFA executives of serious charges, but making it public without a shred (apologies to Shredhead) being offered to back it up!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Woolly Mammoth

The whole lot of them fell off the back of a lorry.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Shredhead

Quote from: Nick Bateman on June 05, 2015, 09:58:41 PM

In all business, contracts are made and whomever is awarded the contract will "walk away with wads of filthy lucre" to use a parlance.  This does not mean it is unlawful, illegal nor corrupt and I would be interested to hear the evidence the FBI have in not just accusing these FIFA executives of serious charges, but making it public without a shred (apologies to Shredhead) being offered to back it up!
I lived in Trinidad from 1999-2002. Apart from the suitcases of cash in 1990 (which I was told about by trinis who went to the game in question), everything else I wrote was documented. He hid the fact that one of his companies was building some of the stadia for the Youth World Cup - it was only the forensic work of a T+T MP that uncovered it. It was the Scottish FA that spilt the beans of him asking for cash and the T+T players who were trying to sue him for the bonuses that had been agreed but never paid. I also knew someone who coached a country's national side and the 'largesse' of CONCACAF was legendary. 

sunburywhite

I bet the Sunday tabloids have a field day tomorrow
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

daib0

New cover of FIFA 16

:005:  :005:
A friendly Reading FC fan! Job: CELLO MAN - see extensive web www.johnstone-music.com

Logicalman

In all business, contracts are made and whomever is awarded the contract will "walk away with wads of filthy lucre" to use a parlance.  This does not mean it is unlawful, illegal nor corrupt

Well, it IS if the contract is awarded following inducements that are outside of customary and not part of the general bidding contest, and that is what they are being accused of.

and I would be interested to hear the evidence the FBI have in not just accusing these FIFA executives of serious charges, but making it public without a shred (apologies to Shredhead) being offered to back it up!

Perhaps you might need to read further as to what the FBI might have by way of evidence before claiming you don't know, particularly back 2 or three years with a chap named Chuck Blazer, and what he has told the USDoJ.

You are obviously on a wind up here, so I would ask you to stop it now.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Oakeshott

I was told today by a former senior government lawyer now working in the private sector that, assuming he is in a relevant country, it is expected that Blatter will be arrested on an FBI warrant before the end of the month, possibly as early as next week.

In the meantime, at a seminar today representatives of quite a few UK companies were advised that if they sponsor either of the proposed next two World Cups, trade in WC tickets, travel arrangements or merchandise, or undertake professional work related to the WC, they risk falling foul of the money laundering regulations, which could result in criminal prosecutions. They were advised not to do so without first securing the permission of the National Crime Agency.