watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Marcello Trotta

Started by Robertw, June 02, 2015, 10:28:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robertw

Marcello Trotta scored 2 goals for Avellino tonight in a 3-2  away win at Bologna to level play-off semi-final at 3-3
Rules of the competition meant away goals didn't count double or extra time played so Bologna qualified for final on higher league placing

FPT

Also named in the Italy Under-21 squad! We have better strikers, but I do feel we should have kept hold of him for another year... Then again, his contract was to expire this summer, he may have wanted to leave anyway. He's got a future, a bigger loss than Danny Hoesen was. Marcello was perhaps the most lethal scorer I've seen at youth level for Fulham until Moussa Dembele came around, he's an intelligent striker. Glad to see he's found his feet somewhat.

valdeingruo

Hoesen hasn't been a terribly big loss as he has already moved on from Ajax, made quite a few appearances with a small return, though that's just looking at the numbers.  Tankovic may be the one we regret.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

cmg

Interesting keeping tabs on our departed youngsters.
In order of my regret at their leaving:

Marcello "All he does is score goals, wherever he goes" Trotta has had a decent first season in Serie B. He started in fine form and although tailing off a bit and losing his place towards the end ended up with 7 for Avellino to add to the 4 he got for our u21s and one for Barnsley. He is just 22 and the Italian national selectors still seem keen on him.

Maumer Tankovic looked a great prospect for us I thought. He started well for AZ with 5 Eredivisie goals early on but he seemed to fade quite soon. he didn't score after December and eventually lost his place although he continued to make appearences off the bench. At 20 he could still turn out to be anything.

I thought we got a decent price for Kerim Frei (Koyunlu). He's not exactly set the Besiktas world alight, although he remains a squad member with occasional starts and plenty of appearences off the bench. Still only 21.

BalDrick

I liked him, partly because he's got the same birthday as me. He was never given a fair crack of the whip at Fulham though.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

HatterDon

My favorite comment on FofF about Trotta came last summer on this site: "I saw him play a match two or three years ago and I wasn't impressed."
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Rupert

Quote from: HatterDon on June 04, 2015, 02:49:24 AM
My favorite comment on FofF about Trotta came last summer on this site: "I saw him play a match two or three years ago and I wasn't impressed."

Quite right. If they don't play a blinder every time they are no good. Everyone knows that, don't they? What's your point here, Don?  092.gif
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.