News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

40 years on - surely not? 1975 team meets up again (Video)

Started by LBNo11, June 03, 2015, 12:04:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBNo11

Quote from: Barrett487 on June 03, 2015, 12:14:34 AM
Quote from: LBNo11 on June 03, 2015, 12:04:23 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huNkg7rXkfY&feature=em-subs_digest

Wish Jimmy could've been there Ed

...me to Chris, a great player and sadly struck down with a truly nasty disease, but he'll forever be, as long as our generation survives, that fleet footed, speedy right winger for whom we sang "We've got Jimmy, Jimmy Jimmy Conway on the wing, on the wing etc.," forever in our thoughts...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

bog

How emotional was that? Seeing and hearing Les was special, if only Jimmy was alright to be there.
What times they were.

092.gif 

Lighthouse

No it isn't a tear just hay fever.  :012: Brings it all back as if it was yesterday. I remember the ups and downs of the cup run. But felt so bad for Les Strong when he was injured against Pompey I think. What a sickener for him. But it was special in the days when the Cup WAS special.

Not sure any Fulham team will ever be better even if we win the Prem and European Cup one day.

Well worth all the heartbreak of following Fulham for those remembered highs of that seasons cup run.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

St Eve

Bill2

I came across my ticket only the other day, was thinking about getting it framed with my Europa cup one.

Still get angry when remembering Billy Bonds hauling back Les after he had skinned him and only the keeper to beat. Would have been a straight red these days

Sir Alec of good Stock

I was lucky enough to be at every game and, for me, Carlisle was the best day out that I've ever had at a football match.

Happy days!

Holders

Great, would have liked to have heard from them all.

Les Strong is right - if he'd played Taylor wouldn't have got those two goals.

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

LBNo11

Quote from: Sir Alec of good Stock on June 03, 2015, 06:53:45 PM
I was lucky enough to be at every game and, for me, Carlisle was the best day out that I've ever had at a football match.

Happy days!

...apart from Peter Mellor's amazing saves and Les Barrett tucking away the winner the Carlisle game was one of the nastiest I'd ever been to, their fans created a poisonous atmosphere and were throwing all sort of objects at Peter Mellor. Their local old bill did nothing but they chucked out Fulham fans for no good reasons and offered no protection from their fans...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC