more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Andreas Weimann

Started by Jonny4, June 03, 2015, 11:16:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterHaynes

Quote from: EJL on June 04, 2015, 07:53:01 PM
And there's a strong argument to be made that Woodrow's good performances were not rewarded with a run in the team.
despite many writing off Cauley as never going to make it I will stick with my prediction over the last 3 years and restate that Cauley will be one of our big stars, 'the next Teddy Sherringham'  asi have often stated.  
Christensen was written off by many after his fiirst game yet given a consistent run showed what he could do. Centre forward for Fulham last season was a poisioned chalice leading that team at times with no width must have been soul destroyng yet in my opinion Cauley never had a bad game, missed a few half chances, yes but scored some beuts and gave soe terrific performances. Betts made many Gaffs letting in a mountain of goals yet was many peoples POY and was allowed a he's young and will learn from it.. If Kit gives Cauley a consistent run of games at the start of this coming season I venture to suggest that yung Cauley will be in contention for POY at the end of it. 
I know atence is not the order of the day for football fans but with young players it pays off.

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: MasterHaynes on June 05, 2015, 05:35:54 PM
And there's a strong argument to be made that Woodrow's good performances were not rewarded with a run in the team.
despite many writing off Cauley as never going to make it I will stick with my prediction over the last 3 years and restate that Cauley will be one of our big stars, 'the next Teddy Sherringham'  asi have often stated. 
Christensen was written off by many after his fiirst game yet given a consistent run showed what he could do. Centre forward for Fulham last season was a poisioned chalice leading that team at times with no width must have been soul destroyng yet in my opinion Cauley never had a bad game, missed a few half chances, yes but scored some beuts and gave soe terrific performances. Betts made many Gaffs letting in a mountain of goals yet was many peoples POY and was allowed a he's young and will learn from it.. If Kit gives Cauley a consistent run of games at the start of this coming season I venture to suggest that yung Cauley will be in contention for POY at the end of it. 
I know atence is not the order of the day for football fans but with young players it pays off.

I hope he succeeds but to compair him to teddy sherringham is a bad comparison IMO. He is not clinical in front of goal. Dembele is a finisher, cauley isn't. Not yet anyway. He is a very talented player who does a lot right but his finishing is not his strong point. I fear with Ross we have a talented, multifaceted player who is clinical cauley will struggle to find a place. Ross needs a dembele/smith type with him who does not much but score to compliment his game. I actually feel cauley wouldn't suffer from a six month loan with an instant recall stipulated as he could be our next Ross and has the ability to be better. He wouldn't be in my starting 11 next year, and if we needed a goal wouldn't be the guy we brought on. I would like to see him play with smith though. Think that could work really well.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on June 05, 2015, 11:07:29 PM
despite many writing off Cauley as never going to make it I will stick with my prediction over the last 3 years and restate that Cauley will be one of our big stars, 'the next Teddy Sherringham'  asi have often stated.  

I hope he succeeds but to compair him to teddy sherringham is a bad comparison IMO. He is not clinical in front of goal. Dembele is a finisher, cauley isn't. Not yet anyway. He is a very talented player who does a lot right but his finishing is not his strong point. I fear with Ross we have a talented, multifaceted player who is clinical cauley will struggle to find a place. Ross needs a dembele/smith type with him who does not much but score to compliment his game. I actually feel cauley wouldn't suffer from a six month loan with an instant recall stipulated as he could be our next Ross and has the ability to be better. He wouldn't be in my starting 11 next year, and if we needed a goal wouldn't be the guy we brought on. I would like to see him play with smith though. Think that could work really well.
Teddy Sherringham was overlooked for many years, seen very much the lesser partner to Cascarino at Millwall, staying at Millwall for some time after Cascarino moved to Chelsea. He became more clinical as his career progressed with experience and maturity. What both he and Cauley had/have is technique and a great awareness of space and players movement around them with the ability to orchestrate the forward play of the team, hence the lack of players giving us width last season made it a thankless task of holding up the ball , which he still did very well. I think a loan of Cauley would be a mistake at this point unless another mid table Championship team loaned & played him, which I think we would come to regret as he would likely not resign with us and move of for a token dev fee at the end of his contract. League one would do nothing for him at this point of his career. Cauley along with a number of other youth players need to feature in a good % of games next season f they are to develop and be a benefit to FFC, both on the field and financially. Harry Kane typifies the benefit of patience with youth , speak to Spurs supporters before last season and few if any thought he would amount to much, his performances on loan did not give any indication of his form this season.

f,  as many people on here seem to think we won't be filling our ranks with quality experienced players to really go for promotion push next year then we need to have a mix of youth and experience and develop several of our youngsters next season in readiness for a big push the following season and get the likes of Cauley, Emerson, Lasse and others yet to make an impact on good long contracts so we don't lose out.  

Asotosyios

I don't know if Woodrow is the next Sherringham, but he definitely needs more game time next year either with Fulham or on loan.

If our target is a top-6 finish and a push for promotion, I am not sure that either the club or us, the fans, are patient enough to give Cauley more time over McCormack, Smith, Mitroglou or a new, more experienced striker.

Weimann would be a very good signing as a right winger.

St. Andrews White

Although Smith and Mccormack worked well together, it was a really lazy partnership.

Rather than create width, the other players would just hoof the ball up to Smith and let him and Mccormack do the business. As we all saw, that was the worst football I've ever seen us play, no imagination whatsoever.

Yes S and M (tee hee) work well together, but Cauley's hold-up play is excellent, and with some genuine width in the team I'd love to see him and Mccormack up front.

Weimann could supply that, so could other players. I still honestly think Kaka is underrated, and given a run in the team at this level (with a bit of crossing training I'll admit) he would be a fantastic LM
The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: MasterHaynes on June 06, 2015, 09:50:12 AM

Teddy Sherringham was overlooked for many years, seen very much the lesser partner to Cascarino at Millwall, staying at Millwall for some time after Cascarino moved to Chelsea. He became more clinical as his career progressed with experience and maturity. What both he and Cauley had/have is technique and a great awareness of space and players movement around them with the ability to orchestrate the forward play of the team, hence the lack of players giving us width last season made it a thankless task of holding up the ball , which he still did very well. I think a loan of Cauley would be a mistake at this point unless another mid table Championship team loaned & played him, which I think we would come to regret as he would likely not resign with us and move of for a token dev fee at the end of his contract. League one would do nothing for him at this point of his career. Cauley along with a number of other youth players need to feature in a good % of games next season f they are to develop and be a benefit to FFC, both on the field and financially. Harry Kane typifies the benefit of patience with youth , speak to Spurs supporters before last season and few if any thought he would amount to much, his performances on loan did not give any indication of his form this season.

f,  as many people on here seem to think we won't be filling our ranks with quality experienced players to really go for promotion push next year then we need to have a mix of youth and experience and develop several of our youngsters next season in readiness for a big push the following season and get the likes of Cauley, Emerson, Lasse and others yet to make an impact on good long contracts so we don't lose out. 

Good post.
The only comment I'd like to make is that I'm not 100% in agreement with Cauleys vision.
He may indeed have it but if he could remain calmer at certain times and chose the option
to pass instead of blaze it into Row Z.
There have been several occasions when had he shown more composure a simple pass to
his left or right could have resulted in other players having a clear shot at goal.
I know that strikers must have a certain amount of selfishness but if he could correct this and
lean forward when he shoots, I also think he has the ability to become a top player and goalscorer.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

MasterHaynes

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on June 06, 2015, 01:10:41 PM
Quote from: MasterHaynes on June 06, 2015, 09:50:12 AM
despite many writing off Cauley as never going to make it I will stick with my prediction over the last 3 years and restate that Cauley will be one of our big stars, 'the next Teddy Sherringham'  asi have often stated.  

f,  as many people on here seem to think we won't be filling our ranks with quality experienced players to really go for promotion push next year then we need to have a mix of youth and experience and develop several of our youngsters next season in readiness for a big push the following season and get the likes of Cauley, Emerson, Lasse and others yet to make an impact on good long contracts so we don't lose out.  

Good post.
The only comment I'd like to make is that I'm not 100% in agreement with Cauleys vision.
He may indeed have it but if he could remain calmer at certain times and chose the option
to pass instead of blaze it into Row Z.
There have been several occasions when had he shown more composure a simple pass to
his left or right could have resulted in other players having a clear shot at goal.
I know that strikers must have a certain amount of selfishness but if he could correct this and
lean forward when he shoots, I also think he has the ability to become a top player and goalscorer.
I think last season all of our forwards were guilty off firing of poorly chosen shots or conversely trying to over elaborate i the box when a shot would have been a better option. I felt  the pressure to score was immense for all the forwards last season so would have expected some poor decision making. When you play for a team that you know will let in a couple of goals every game forwards try to force it too much, trying to score at every half chance to get a lead. Hopefully we will be more solid and give the forwards the confidence which should reflect in better decision making

colinwhite

CW had a blinder against Derby at home and was dropped the week after . Young players need continuity and the belief that their manager has full confidence in them . Sadly Kit let Caulley down badly in that instance .