more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We were voted 8th best ground to visit in the Championship by away fans

Started by Fulham76, June 04, 2015, 12:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham76

Wigan were top & Blackpool bottom.

Can't believe we didn't top that list! Clearly one of the best grounds on the planet & 3 points for most teams last season as well  064.gif

The link is mainly about the premier league, so need to scroll down a bit to see the Championship results.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32975501

Fernhurst

To me it's the very best place to visit every other week ..... It's so special  and will always be more important than who is the current  Chairman or Manager.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

The Equalizer

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

snarks

Interesting that most teams above Fulham have realatively new grounds in slightly out of town locations. Huddersfield being the slight exception in that it is an old "new" ground being built in 1994 and is 20 years old now.

Southdowns White

Still the highest ranking team in London, equal with watford but they are almost in the midlands and not really London.

Scrumpy

I think we are beginning to suffer with our facilities a little. Some will have marked us down because of the pillars in the way, lack of facilities behind the Putney End where they still end up queuing for ages, very basic seat room etc. So if we could improve that slightly, I reckon we'd be climbing back up this particular league.

I guess this is why Palace and Rangers are so low - rotten view/seats without the nice surrounding area to compensate.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Buffalo76

Quote from: Fulham76 on June 04, 2015, 12:01:14 PM
Wigan were top & Blackpool bottom.

Can't believe we didn't top that list! Clearly one of the best grounds on the planet & 3 points for most teams last season as well  064.gif

The link is mainly about the premier league, so need to scroll down a bit to see the Championship results.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32975501

Can't believe we didn't top that list! Clearly one of the best grounds on the planet & 3 points for most teams last season as well  064.gif

:005:

mrmicawbers

How can Reading be above us.Must be purely on facilities and not matchday experience.

HillingdonFFC

That seems absolute bollocks. Ive seen other surveys where we finished top by a mile. We were the most visited ground in the championship by a long way, Hudderfield took 2800 to us and only 1400 ten miles away at Leeds

Holders

Parking might come into it for some of those out of town grounds, even if it's only a park and ride. Parking at Fulham was bad 50 years ago, now it's virtually impossible to park and walk even in Putney.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Bronaldinho

Surprised Blackpool isn't higher, ideal place for a weekender I would have thought.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

The Equalizer

Quote from: Bronaldinho on June 05, 2015, 09:00:47 AM
Surprised Blackpool isn't higher, ideal place for a weekender I would have thought.

Have you ever been to Blackpool? Nothing nice about that place.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Scrumpy

Quote from: The Equalizer on June 05, 2015, 10:06:32 AM

Your opinion. I've had many a good time in Blackpool. How hard were you looking?
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Bill2

Obviously didn't taste the pies, otherwise we would be bottom.  086.gif

Bill2

Quote from: The Equalizer on June 05, 2015, 10:06:32 AM

Went there for the midweek cup game in Feb a couple of years ago, it was about -4 and was closed apart from an awful chippy. What a depressing place, mind you have been in Oct when the lights were on and it was completely different.

Travers Barney

Quote from: Scrumpy on June 04, 2015, 01:31:06 PM
I think we are beginning to suffer with our facilities a little. Some will have marked us down because of the pillars in the way, lack of facilities behind the Putney End where they still end up queuing for ages, very basic seat room etc. So if we could improve that slightly, I reckon we'd be climbing back up this particular league.

I guess this is why Palace and Rangers are so low - rotten view/seats without the nice surrounding area to compensate.
Least you'll be able to do Brighton this season pal.

coyw
We are the whites