more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What the hell is going on ....?

Started by MikeW, June 08, 2015, 03:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BestOfBrede

Quote from: snarks on June 09, 2015, 08:59:00 AM
Liverpools 2 signings cannot be completed until 1 July, so essentially they are pre contract agreements, nothing more. Apart from Liverpool and Spurs, I'm not sure anyone else in the premiership has "signed" players.

Also if Kit had signed the players Liverpool did last season, I'm pretty sure he would have been even more slated than he has now for not signing anyone before the transfer window is officially open. Also less than 1/7 of the clubs in the championship have "signed" anyone, so TBH I can't really understand the attitude of some people.
I wasn't suggesting we bought Players like Liverpool but was pointing out that the if the window is closed deals can still be done, it would appear. Nothin more nothing less!

mikestrand

Quote from: Twig on June 09, 2015, 10:52:07 AM
Why do our so many of our "supporters" get trampled in the rush to think the worst of our club.

Personally I couldn't give a damn about the strip (unless there is some random proposal to change to another colour because it is lucky or something).

On transfers, retained/released lists etc. I am more interested in the quality of the deals and decisions rather than the speed.  I have no reason to fear the worst and will wait with open mind.
The last few windows doesn't really inspire any confidence, hopefully the faith put in Rigg will pay off.
As you say its still quite early so I'll keep an open mind too.

snarks

Quote from: BestOfBrede on June 09, 2015, 12:18:17 PM
Quote from: snarks on June 09, 2015, 08:59:00 AM
Liverpools 2 signings cannot be completed until 1 July, so essentially they are pre contract agreements, nothing more. Apart from Liverpool and Spurs, I'm not sure anyone else in the premiership has "signed" players.

Also if Kit had signed the players Liverpool did last season, I'm pretty sure he would have been even more slated than he has now for not signing anyone before the transfer window is officially open. Also less than 1/7 of the clubs in the championship have "signed" anyone, so TBH I can't really understand the attitude of some people.
I wasn't suggesting we bought Players like Liverpool but was pointing out that the if the window is closed deals can still be done, it would appear. Nothin more nothing less!

Ahh OK and if it seemed I was jumping down your throat over your comment please accept my apologies.

Mince n Tatties

Why do our so many of our "supporters" get trampled in the rush to think the worst of our club.

Personally I couldn't give a damn about the strip (unless there is some random proposal to change to another colour because it is lucky or something).

On transfers, retained/released lists etc. I am more interested in the quality of the deals and decisions rather than the speed.  I have no reason to fear the worst and will wait with open mind.

I dont think anybody is really worried about the strip, its just highlighted because
of the childish attitude of the club, showing a little piece of it, when most clubs have had theirs on show weeks before, some even playing their final home games in them.
Just show the bloody strip, you might not care but a lot of the younger fans
and kids do...

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I think that interview a couple of weeks ago was a good indication of an actual plan.

1/.  Sitting down for hours/days discussing which of the 'youngsters' to keep and who do they  think will not make the grade.
2/. Who are worth keeping and loaning out
3/. Who are worth keeping with probable future potential
4/. Who are worth keeping and are potential ready, fringe players
5/. Who are definite 1st team squad and starters.
6/. Analize which positions they play or can play as cover.
7/. Contract negotiations and discussions with the 'keepers'  + their assorted agents.

7/. Then on to the 'seniors' with a similar approach

I'm convinced that most of the time Kit will play with more width, that is his preferred system
(the awful diamond was based on players available)
Obviously this will need to be tweaked for certain opposition and as plan B in certain games.

Then it's finance time and this is where the whole process gets held up.
The selling or potential selling the likes of Ruiz, Hugo, Mitro etc.....etc will have to be weighed against
their potential sale prices and interest already shown and potential interest (both for sales and wages)

Critical business decisions need to be made at this point because these 'sales' are crucial to the overall budget and running costs of the club.
eg: If the 'team' work out that we could probably get $12M for R,H and M (not Rank Hovis McDougall:0) this could be added to, eg: a $15M  pot from Mr Khan.
In this case it's always necessary (or should be) better to underestimate the amount of sale price and wages saved.
Then......
a/. If it's less then the shortfall should be minimal
b/. If it's 'spot on' which is very unlikely it's almost a perfect budget
c/. If we get/save more then BINGO

Now with a budget 'settled' within FPL rules and internal constraints and a basic playing system adopted, together with a knowledge of who's already in the squad, discussions can begin with regard to potential signings and positions that need filling
Approaches are then made (dependent upon players circumstances) and if 'verbals' are agreed, the negotiations begin with clubs and agents.

Spanners of course could be thrown in the works
eg: Norwich offer $15M for Ross, but we are in the driving seat this year and can decide based on that fact.
Handling of the timing for releasing players is also crucial and needs to be 'humane' these are people not cattle.
I don't necessarily agree with clubs issuing a bulk list of released players.  Maybe the more seasoned players are used to it but the youngsters will be devastated and will need 'comforting'.
Even senior players have to hope for another contract, move house, schools etc.
it's should be a more delicate process that its generally given
Timing is also important to allow these players to be in the marketplace in plenty of time to find a new employer.

So, it's a juggling act with so much to consider and can't be rushed which is what we've done in the recent past.
Who do we keep, who do we hope to sell, money, budgets, systems, coaching, potential
etc...etc.......

All in all I think their apparent approach is the best way.
It's common knowledge that we can't 'splash the cash" even if we have it.  
That's a premiership approach ie: Pay what you have to, to get XYZ

I've also no doubt that there's also a lot of negotiations going on, both 'in-and-out'
Lots of cloak and dagger stuf.
Groupies outside MP will no doubt see hooded people in tinted window cars going in and out.
Keeping a lid on all of this is also critical

This is why it takes so long when done properly.
It all needs to be fiscally, responsibly and artistically choreographed.
That's why Mike Rigg is here, I suspect.
No pillow talk !!

Finally although there is often no smoke without fire, I tend to ignore press reports, predominantly BS parasites.

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Mince n Tatties

Ah but does Mike Rigg actually exist.
Or is he a figment of the club and our own imaginations?

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: shnlwswlkr on June 09, 2015, 10:38:04 AM
Seems everyone is just rejecting our bids.

Have they? Have we made bids? Or, are we trusting the reporting of the same people who randomly throw out the name of some player that Fulham is "interested in" just to drive page hits?

It's strange to me that when hereisthecity throws out a name that Fulham are "monitoring" they get skewered on FOF for being the worst at transfer rumors but, when they talk about a transfer bid and add and offer figure into the rumor it's all of a sudden believable.

Point being, unless it's on the Fulham website or being reported by multiple, more trustworthy sites then, the likelihood of the reporting being accurate is probably pretty low. Is that worth criticizing our club over???

I'm impatient as hell over our signings. We can't get started soon enough for me. But, I'm going to wait until we've at least got one signing announced before judging the club's work.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on June 09, 2015, 03:20:16 PM

Have they? Have we made bids? Or, are we trusting the reporting of the same people who randomly throw out the name of some player that Fulham is "interested in" just to drive page hits?

It's strange to me that when hereisthecity throws out a name that Fulham are "monitoring" they get skewered on FOF for being the worst at transfer rumors but, when they talk about a transfer bid and add and offer figure into the rumor it's all of a sudden believable.

Point being, unless it's on the Fulham website or being reported by multiple, more trustworthy sites then, the likelihood of the reporting being accurate is probably pretty low. Is that worth criticizing our club over???

I'm impatient as hell over our signings. We can't get started soon enough for me. But, I'm going to wait until we've at least got one signing announced before judging the club's work.

Like that Bilkyboy or whatever  his  name on the Rumours Page.
He said Pringle had signed and would be announced at the weekend past.
Somebody has pulled him up about it and said Where is he then.
Oh he is on holiday and Mike Rigg aint back till Tuesday. ..Hillarious

TrexFFC

Don't mind me I'm just waiting for our one giant signing and then a bunch of nobody signings. Surely that will bring us a promotion fight!:)

shnlwswlkr

It was said more in sarcasm. Lol. I am not criticising the club at all, it's not even July yet! Ha.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

St Eve

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on June 09, 2015, 03:11:18 PM
I think that interview a couple of weeks ago was a good indication of an actual plan.

1/.  Sitting down for hours/days discussing which of the 'youngsters' to keep and who do they  think will not make the grade.
2/. Who are worth keeping and loaning out
3/. Who are worth keeping with probable future potential
4/. Who are worth keeping and are potential ready, fringe players
5/. Who are definite 1st team squad and starters.
6/. Analize which positions they play or can play as cover.
7/. Contract negotiations and discussions with the 'keepers'  + their assorted agents.

7/. Then on to the 'seniors' with a similar approach

I'm convinced that most of the time Kit will play with more width, that is his preferred system
(the awful diamond was based on players available)
Obviously this will need to be tweaked for certain opposition and as plan B in certain games.

Then it's finance time and this is where the whole process gets held up.
The selling or potential selling the likes of Ruiz, Hugo, Mitro etc.....etc will have to be weighed against
their potential sale prices and interest already shown and potential interest (both for sales and wages)

Critical business decisions need to be made at this point because these 'sales' are crucial to the overall budget and running costs of the club.
eg: If the 'team' work out that we could probably get $12M for R,H and M (not Rank Hovis McDougall:0) this could be added to, eg: a $15M  pot from Mr Khan.
In this case it's always necessary (or should be) better to underestimate the amount of sale price and wages saved.
Then......
a/. If it's less then the shortfall should be minimal
b/. If it's 'spot on' which is very unlikely it's almost a perfect budget
c/. If we get/save more then BINGO

Now with a budget 'settled' within FPL rules and internal constraints and a basic playing system adopted, together with a knowledge of who's already in the squad, discussions can begin with regard to potential signings and positions that need filling
Approaches are then made (dependent upon players circumstances) and if 'verbals' are agreed, the negotiations begin with clubs and agents.

Spanners of course could be thrown in the works
eg: Norwich offer $15M for Ross, but we are in the driving seat this year and can decide based on that fact.
Handling of the timing for releasing players is also crucial and needs to be 'humane' these are people not cattle.
I don't necessarily agree with clubs issuing a bulk list of released players.  Maybe the more seasoned players are used to it but the youngsters will be devastated and will need 'comforting'.
Even senior players have to hope for another contract, move house, schools etc.
it's should be a more delicate process that its generally given
Timing is also important to allow these players to be in the marketplace in plenty of time to find a new employer.

So, it's a juggling act with so much to consider and can't be rushed which is what we've done in the recent past.
Who do we keep, who do we hope to sell, money, budgets, systems, coaching, potential
etc...etc.......

All in all I think their apparent approach is the best way.
It's common knowledge that we can't 'splash the cash" even if we have it. 
That's a premiership approach ie: Pay what you have to, to get XYZ

I've also no doubt that there's also a lot of negotiations going on, both 'in-and-out'
Lots of cloak and dagger stuf.
Groupies outside MP will no doubt see hooded people in tinted window cars going in and out.
Keeping a lid on all of this is also critical

This is why it takes so long when done properly.
It all needs to be fiscally, responsibly and artistically choreographed.
That's why Mike Rigg is here, I suspect.
No pillow talk !!

Finally although there is often no smoke without fire, I tend to ignore press reports, predominantly BS parasites.

Admire your optimism, but it really isn't that complicated. Khan, Riggs, Kit and the rest of the back room boys should have a pretty good idea of what money is available, who they are keeping and who are they letting go. They should also have a list of who they are looking to buy. The perception is, and I really hope it's wrong, is that they are clueless.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: shnlwswlkr on June 09, 2015, 05:21:32 PM

It was said more in sarcasm. Lol. I am not criticising the club at all, it's not even July yet! Ha.

Fair enough. Sorry to come off overly aggressively. Just finding it hard to believe some of the criticism the club gets based upon rumors.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 09, 2015, 02:41:51 PM

On transfers, retained/released lists etc. I am more interested in the quality of the deals and decisions rather than the speed.  I have no reason to fear the worst and will wait with open mind.

I dont think anybody is really worried about the strip, its just highlighted because
of the childish attitude of the club, showing a little piece of it, when most clubs have had theirs on show weeks before, some even playing their final home games in them.
Just show the bloody strip, you might not care but a lot of the younger fans
and kids do...

When is the club going to show the Orange bit on the new kit.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.