watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Woodrow injured?

Started by HatterDon, June 08, 2015, 06:31:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

I know he was in the mix recently to accompany Betts with the England U-21s. Did I miss something?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

westcliff white

they took ings, berrahino and Kane instead. seems fair i think
Every day is a Fulham day

dannyboi-ffc

It was a 27 man squad which was then reduced to the standard 23. Quite common in tournaments, I suppose the 4 left behind will act as stand bys but to be honest I think Woodrow is the last choice and quite fortunate to be called up when you look at the other forwards.

Like westcliffe said Ings Berahino and Kane, the 3 of them are miles above him and the wolves striker and Bamford also missed out and are both above him. Bamford might be injured but Woodrow was always going to be 6th choice.

It will be nice to see Betti start but I reckon it will be Butland. Still, something to look forward to I guess and a good achievement by Bettinelli
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

FPT

As Danny clarifies, the squad was reduced from 27 to 23 to fit tournament regulations with Saido Berahino, Harry Kane and Danny Ings our three strikers.

Gareth Southgate did mention that some picks were based on it being the last tournament for some before senior level. It's a huge few seasons for Cauley Woodrow actually, because there's an opportunity for him to be the U21s' starting striker and Southgate likes Cauley, learned a lot about him at last years' Toulon Tournament where he forced Berahino out of the starting team and finished as England's top goal scorer.

And to follow Danny again, it would be great to see Marcus Bettinelli as the Under-21 number one, but Jack Butland is the most senior, it is a shame that Betts is 23 and won't experience another youth tournament.

Wimbledon_White

Quote from: FPT on June 08, 2015, 07:07:01 PM
As Danny clarifies, the squad was reduced from 27 to 23 to fit tournament regulations with Saido Berahino, Harry Kane and Danny Ings our three strikers.

Gareth Southgate did mention that some picks were based on it being the last tournament for some before senior level. It's a huge few seasons for Cauley Woodrow actually, because there's an opportunity for him to be the U21s' starting striker and Southgate likes Cauley, learned a lot about him at last years' Toulon Tournament where he forced Berahino out of the starting team and finished as England's top goal scorer.

And to follow Danny again, it would be great to see Marcus Bettinelli as the Under-21 number one, but Jack Butland is the most senior, it is a shame that Betts is 23 and won't experience another youth tournament.

Sadly, given the relative youth of Joe Hart and with Forster and Butland ahead of him, this might be the end of his international career.
I guess that's one of the downsides of being a keeper.

HatterDon

Thanks for the info, gents. I have no problems with him sitting down in favor of Kane. I think all English strikers would be doing that about now.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Black, White and Fred

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on June 08, 2015, 07:19:26 PM
Quote from: FPT on June 08, 2015, 07:07:01 PM

Sadly, given the relative youth of Joe Hart and with Forster and Butland ahead of him, this might be the end of his international career.
I guess that's one of the downsides of being a keeper.

Well Buffon is getting on, and with a surname like Bettinelli he must qualify for Italy??
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996