more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Michael Turner??

Started by JackyFulham90, June 09, 2015, 12:01:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

Yes or No??
Would like to see him snapped up he won't get in the Norwich team but he has good experience if we get him & hopefully Dunk along with Burn, Hutchinson & Bodurov we will be a lot stronger in our problem area.

Craven Mad

If possible I'd take Dunk or Stearman as our new CB signing(s). But if they're not available I thought Turner did a great job when he came in and made us look a lot more secure at the back, so would take him back 100%.

If Norwich didn't want him in the Championship, I doubt they're gonna want him in the Premiership, so hopefully he'd be available fairly cheap.

leonffc

All day long!! I thought he was superb when he came in. Commanding, organisation and a lot more comfortable on the ball than the others (especially Burn and Hutch)

snarks

Is Burn left Footed? As the clear thing is, Fulham need a left sided CB, Turner and Bod aren't and it showed in their distribution and willingness to cover the LB.

Not sure if Dunk and Stearman are either.

Bronaldinho

Truth is, we don't know how concrete these reports are considering the central defenders.

I, for one hope they are for a new partner alongside Dan Burn. The only improvement I see is, Lewis Dunk and if he's not available surely Michael Turner would be a good investment to play alongside Dan again.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Craven Mad

Quote from: snarks on June 09, 2015, 08:49:16 AM
Is Burn left Footed? As the clear thing is, Fulham need a left sided CB, Turner and Bod aren't and it showed in their distribution and willingness to cover the LB.

Not sure if Dunk and Stearman are either.

Burn is left-footed, and naturally plays LCB.

Burn's biggest weakness is his enormous turning circle (he's not the most agile) and a tendency to commit to a challenge too early. With him in LCB our backline lost shape, was cut through too easily and never had the pace to recover - a problem compounded by the number of speedy/high-pressing strikers in the Championship.

If we had a quicker RCB or an LB who knows how to track back effectively, Burn would be our best CB option - he's got great energy/passion, can make some great tackles, is great for set pieces and is a natural leader. However, without the right sorts around him, he was often part of the problem, not the solution.

I personally think that Dunk is the right sort to partner Burn, but Turner's experience/presence might help give Dan the positional discipline he often lacks..

Either way, I'm glad that we're being linked to lots of CBs - our defence is our biggest problem area right now.

mikestrand

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on June 09, 2015, 12:01:14 AM
Yes or No??
Would like to see him snapped up he won't get in the Norwich team but he has good experience if we get him & hopefully Dunk along with Burn, Hutchinson & Bodurov we will be a lot stronger in our problem area.
Either with dunk or without that looks like a midtable defence to me.

Bronaldinho

Although convert to a back 5 and it looks good:

Betts
Grimmer Dunk Burn Turner Husband
           LVC Tunni Hyndman
           McCormack Smith
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

FPT

We need to ship centre backs before add really, because knowing Fulham, we'll sign two and then fail to rid ourselves of two and go into next season with six centre backs. I think Dan Burn is our best centre back in terms of pure defending, though as mentioned earlier, he's obviously athletically hit by his physique so needs a defence built for him.

Michael Turner did well, he and Burn was our best partnership of the season with Hutchinson and Bodurov looking good but results coming out poorly. I'd look further into Lewis Dunk and/or Richard Stearman first, but Turner would be a good option if Norwich don't want to keep him. Maybe a loan would be best for all parties.

Tooting legend

Quote from: Bronaldinho on June 09, 2015, 11:09:12 AM
Although convert to a back 5 and it looks good:

Betts
Grimmer Dunk Burn Turner Husband
           LVC Tunni Hyndman
           McCormack Smith

No it doesn't look good atall that midfield would get slaughtered in the championship. Again I will say we need a lot more experience in the starting 11 other wise it will another season like the last one. Turner Yes. Husband Yes. Grimmer No. Burn No.

filham

Turner had a good spell for us last season and should be adequate alongside Burn, Bordurov or even Hutchinson.

However the back four will remain week until we have a couple of proven full backs.

Mince n Tatties

Think we might be getting someone better than Turner.
Also Boro will keep Husband Im sure if the rumours are correct that
George Friend is off to Pool or Villa..

Travers Barney

All day long....not on Norwich's released list I believe so they'll be looking for a fee....enjoyed his time at the Cottage I'm reliably informed....lets hope it happens.

coyw

We are the whites

St Eve

The big worry is our back 5 regardless of the combination let in 75 goals. I am not singling out anyone but clearly we have a hell of a lot of weaknesses

Whitesideup

Quote from: FPT on June 09, 2015, 11:54:34 AM
We need to ship centre backs before add really, because knowing Fulham, we'll sign two and then fail to rid ourselves of two and go into next season with six centre backs. I think Dan Burn is our best centre back in terms of pure defending, though as mentioned earlier, he's obviously athletically hit by his physique so needs a defence built for him.

Michael Turner did well, he and Burn was our best partnership of the season with Hutchinson and Bodurov looking good but results coming out poorly. I'd look further into Lewis Dunk and/or Richard Stearman first, but Turner would be a good option if Norwich don't want to keep him. Maybe a loan would be best for all parties.
Burn best of how many? Better than Turner?

He is a different to Hutch and Bods, so in some ways we are comparing apples and pears. But I would not rate him more highly. Burn still relatively young but not yet the complete article. May be one day  ...or maybe not.

MJG

Quote from: Whitesideup on June 10, 2015, 12:25:42 AM
Quote from: FPT on June 09, 2015, 11:54:34 AM

Burn best of how many? Better than Turner?

He is a different to Hutch and Bods, so in some ways we are comparing apples and pears. But I would not rate him more highly. Burn still relatively young but not yet the complete article. May be one day  ...or maybe not.
Think you have misread about Burn. I think he's saying that Turner and Burn were the best centre back partnership that started last season.