more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

***FOF Exclusive!!*** Interview with Super Micky Conroy

Started by Burt, June 09, 2015, 10:49:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burt

Greetings all,

Time to drag yourselves away from the angst over the lack of transfer activity, when the club will reveal more than just a snippet of our new kit, whether Kit is the right person to take us forward, is Doombar really better than London Pride, etc. etc.

In the past we manage to land the odd FOF exclusive and get an opportunity to pose questions to popular figures associated with the club.

For this Q&A I am delighted to confirm that Mike Conroy has agreed to take part. Many thanks to Admin for teeing this up.

For those of you who are not old enough to remember, Mike played for the club for three memorable years (1995 to 1998) and notched up 94 appearances, scoring a remarkable tally of 32 goals during that time.

He started out his career with Coventry City but with no first team opportunities forthcoming he returned to his native Scotland where he played for Clydebank (38 goals in 114 appearances) and St Mirren (1 goal in 10 appearances). He then spent three years at Reading, scoring 7 goals in 80 appearances. He moved on to Burnley (30 goals in 77 appearances) and then Preston (22 goals in 57 appearances) before making his way to the Cottage. After leaving us he had short spells with Blackpool and Chester City before going down under and seeing out his playing career with Carlton and Eastern Pride.

One thing is for sure... He certainly knew where the back of the net was!

The format for this is as per our prior ones... Feel free to let me know what questions you would like to ask Mike, either in this thread or via PM. We will then pose these to Mike, and we will post the full Q&A once he has had a chance to respond.

So put your thinking caps on, and fire away!

Cheers

Burt

westcliff white

A few from me....

What was it like playing under 3 different managers between 95 and 98 and what were their differencies?

What was the change at the club like from a players perspective when Al Fayed took over?

During his period at the club who did he think was the best player he played with?

Every day is a Fulham day

Fernhurst

Well done pulling this together.... I'll go first

1. Was it true Micky Adams got you to shed 2 stone, leading to you're blinding performances for FFC?

2. That goal from the half way line against Wycombe..... What the heck were you thinking about????
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Fulham Tup North

I remember the away trip to Carlisle, the year we got promoted from the bottom division.
I went up on the coach with the players (It was the 'Director for a Day' deal), the day before and had a great weekend.
I went with Alan Cork in the morning to put out the players kit and Corky seemed somewhat bemussed when I hung up SMC's shirt and kissed it for good luck. I even got all the players to sign a 'baby grow'  for my lad who was born a couple of weeks later.  He's 18 now! Happy memeories.
Q1. What was his best memory of that promotion wining season.
Q2. Where is my money from the Grand National sweep stake that he and Simon Morgan organised on the coach on the way there?  Lord Guillane... Remember?
The race was abandoned due to a bomb alert and re-run on the Monday (1997).  
Fantastic coach trip home and most of the players even made it to the Cottage next morning for a family fun run!
Good times :)
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Rupert

How much of an effect did the boo boys have on your confidence when you first joined us?

How much of a boon or a hindrance can the supporters be when things are tough on the pitch?
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Holders

What the hell were you doing clearing the ball like that against Wycombe?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Burt

Rupert

Maybe there really are very few of us old gits left. Bump.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Burt

dannyboi-ffc

Ok time to represent the younger generation lol. I remember him really well, that promotion season is my first clear memories of Fulham. Before that is a blur because I was too young.

Can you ask him something along the lines of, did he feel proud seeing fulham in the premier league and europa league final, by that I mean did he feel part of an era which started that off?
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

LBNo11

You scored a memorable hat-trick in one hour in our 7-0 win against Swansea City (who were a division higher) in the FA Cup in 1995. Do you remember the goals? Nick Cusack was your provider for two of the goals that game, were there any other players in your career you developed an understanding with?

You were our leading goalscorer with 21 league goals in our promotion winning season in '96-'97 from division three, was that your most memorable season of your career?

When Al Fayed bought the club and had the money to buy players like Paul Moody, did you feel the writing was on the wall for you at Fulham, and did you feel you still had something to offer?

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC