watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Six Handshakes

Started by Holders, June 09, 2015, 03:53:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snarks

so If I go, via friend to prince Charles to QE to Winston Churchill then all those people Churchill shook hands with include Stalin and probably Hitler (and if he didn't Stalin did).

Holders

Quote from: snarks on June 10, 2015, 10:45:15 AM
so If I go, via friend to prince Charles to QE to Winston Churchill then all those people Churchill shook hands with include Stalin and probably Hitler (and if he didn't Stalin did).

Exactly. But the point of the exercise is that it's remarkable how close these connections can be for even the most ordinary of us.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

LBNo11

...well I shook hands with Mr Al Fayed, so the Diana link it there, and George Cohen who shook the hand of the Queen in 1966, as the royal family are supposedly direct descendants of God - well, just saying...

Oh, and Eric Morecambe and Ernie Wise, Frankie Vaughan, Leonard Rossiter, Frank Carson, Jim Davidson, Simon Weston, Terry Wogan, the Doctor Who with the scarf ?) the bloke out of Minder who acted he was a Fulham fan but supports the other team in Fulham, my Dad who shook the hand of Field-Marshall Montgomery and several Fulham other players Including Ivor, Jimmy Hill etc., (but never Les Barrett).

PS: I once opened the door of the Range Rover I was driving and it hit Princess Anne's posterior at Silvermere point to Point, which is why I never shook hands with the Queen directly, as my Knighthood was withdrawn...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

epsomraver

Shook hands with Johnny Haynes couple of times , my wife danced with him more than once at the old club do's  shook Mo's hand twice so therefore Diana then Charles then Madge,  etc, my Dad shook hands with Mountbatton in Burma and so one away from Queenie again

HatterDon

Thierry Henry

I was in two plays with Ricardo Chavira
Ricardo Chavira played Eva Longoria's husband in "Desperate Housewives"
Eva Longoria was married to Tony Parker of the San Antonio Spurs
Tony Parker is good mates with Thierry Henry

[when Henry was still a Gunner, he suppressed a photo of him wearing a (San Antonio) Spurs]

When I ran this down on FulhamUSA.com a few years back, most were impressed at my connection with Eva Longoria, never mind Thierry Henry.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Holders

Quote from: LBNo11 on June 10, 2015, 09:22:13 PM
...well I shook hands with Mr Al Fayed, so the Diana link it there, and George Cohen who shook the hand of the Queen in 1966, as the royal family are supposedly direct descendants of God - well, just saying...

PS: I once opened the door of the Range Rover I was driving and it hit Princess Anne's posterior at Silvermere point to Point, which is why I never shook hands with the Queen directly, as my Knighthood was withdrawn...

Good ones, LB.

The genealogy of the present monarchy claims descent from Cerdic (albeit rather tenuously through an out-cross to a king of Scotland as a result of the sad events of 1066 which interrupted their legitimacy), who in turn is shown to be descended from Woden, so yes, they have documentary evidence to show that they're descended from the very God who gave his name to Wednesday. I suspect, however, that there are people walking the street today who have more direct descent from Cerdic, if only they knew it.

The garage where I took my car for repair yesterday has Prince Charles' old Range Rover for sale on the forecourt, though I didn't shake hands with it.

snarks

Quote from: Holders on June 11, 2015, 06:38:26 AM

The garage where I took my car for repair yesterday has Prince Charles' old Range Rover for sale on the forecourt, though I didn't shake hands with it.

But you did pee in the fuel tank by way of greeting?

RaySmith

I went to the same school as Ken Livingstone, ex MP and Mayor of London, Kenneth Cranham, actor,  Nicky Chatterton, Palace footballer, Smiley Culture, pop star, Danny Williams, boxer, and Dennis Bailey, Fulham and QPR player.

I also got Johnny Haynes, and George Cohen's autograph, and the other members of that 60s side, many times.

I met and shook hands with famous BBC DJ, the late John Peel -who mixed with many famous rock stars.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: RaySmith on June 11, 2015, 12:54:33 PM
I went to the same school as Ken Livingstone, ex MP and Mayor of London, Kenneth Cranham, actor,  Nicky Chatterton, Palace footballer, Smiley Culture, pop star, Danny Williams, boxer, and Dennis Bailey, QPR player.

I also got Johnny Haynes, and George Cohen's autograph, and the other members of that 60s side, many times.

I met and shook hands with famous BBC DJ, the late John Peel -who mixed with many famous rock stars.

Ray, so since you are probably the closest contact I will ever have with Ken Livingstone. Can I blame you for the congestion charge?   :dead horse:
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

dannyboi-ffc

My Grandad was dating Tosh Chamberlain's sister before he met my Nan. He was really good friends with Tosh but they fell out when Tosh's family wanted him to marry his sister and he didnt want to. Thank goodness otherwise I wouldnt be here today!

He also got Joe Bacuzzi a job in Sainsburys in Clarkenwell when Joe retired. They were good friends too, you cant even dream of a supporter doing that for a player today.

He also knew Johnny Haynes too through Tosh but not as well.

Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Jimpav

I met Tony Blair once. That pretty much puts me within a handshake of anyone that's anyone in politics and all evil that comes with it.

Also made a film featuring Sir Patrick Moore when I was at uni. He had met alsorts of amazing people - Buzz Aldrin and Einstein for starters.

LBNo11

Quote from: LBNo11 on June 10, 2015, 09:22:13 PM

Oh, and Eric Morecambe and Ernie Wise, Frankie Vaughan, Leonard Rossiter, Frank Carson, Jim Davidson, Simon Weston, Terry Wogan, the Doctor Who with the scarf ?) the bloke out of Minder who acted he was a Fulham fan but supports the other team in Fulham, my Dad who shook the hand of Field-Marshall Montgomery and several Fulham other players Including Ivor, Jimmy Hill etc., (but never Les Barrett).

Addendum: Forgot to say I shook hands with Tosh Chamberlain and Diddy David Hamilton and Gentleman Jim McGullion - and Alan Mullery - now there used to be a sign on the wall that said Mullery is God - ergo.. :008:

Holders

I've got Donald Campbell's daughter's horse's hayrack that I use as a hanging basket.

For what it's worth I shook hands with Keegan in the centre circle at CC.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I shook hands with 6 people at work today and nothing happened.
So that poo poo's the theory
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

LBNo11

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on June 11, 2015, 06:19:49 PM

...and yet those six colleagues are now boasting to the world that they shook hands with you, and as you are a Brit abroad in the USA you must know the Queen - hey, near enough is good enough...

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: LBNo11 on June 11, 2015, 06:23:24 PM
Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on June 11, 2015, 06:19:49 PM

...and yet those six colleagues are now boasting to the world that they shook hands with you, and as you are a Brit abroad in the USA you must know the Queen - hey, near enough is good enough...

The most common question I get asked is (roughly)
"Do you know Mrs Jones from Cleethorpes, I stayed with her about 25 years ago"
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

haynesfan

I shook hands with Johnnie Haynes when he lived in Durban.

love4ffc

Quote from: Jimpav on June 11, 2015, 04:16:49 PM
I met Tony Blair once. That pretty much puts me within a handshake of anyone that's anyone in politics and all evil that comes with it.

Also made a film featuring Sir Patrick Moore when I was at uni. He had met alsorts of amazing people - Buzz Aldrin and Einstein for starters.
So that means we are just a few handshakes from each other 8)
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?