Hangeland released

Started by westcliff white, June 10, 2015, 03:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

along with Ameobi by palace
Every day is a Fulham day

Bronaldinho

No to both.

Hangeland's back to his homeland, and never really been the same player since his back injury.

Ameobi, couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

H4usuallysitting

Who is this Banjo fellow.....can we sign him

westcliff white

I agree was just saying both were released. How ever poor Hangers is now, he was one of the best centre backs to play for us.
Every day is a Fulham day

Haynes

Don't forget Cookie and The Rock Goma.

Rupert

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on June 10, 2015, 03:18:59 PM

The chap only has one eyebrow, best if we don't.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

EJL

Has Hangeland actually said that he wants to go back to Norway?

Tonywa

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on June 10, 2015, 03:18:59 PM

Is that Tunji Banjo who used to play for the Orient way back when? ;-)

Twig

Quote from: westcliff white on June 10, 2015, 03:19:50 PM
I agree was just saying both were released. How ever poor Hangers is now, he was one of the best centre backs to play for us.

Yes, sad that he declined quite quickly due to injury.  Brilliant in his day.

HillingdonFFC

One of the best Ive seen at Fulham and 33 not overly ancient for a central defender but he was never the same player after the back and hip problems. Was sad to see our one time ,dominant ,rock of a centre half getting outjumped by a shortarse like he did at Palace that night.
Its a no for me

Pluto

I would take Hangeland back. He is more than good enough for championship level even if his role is mostly as a veteran presence on the bench to help mentor the younger lads like Hutch and Burn. I could easily see him on a 1 year deal, transitioning into a coaching role with us.

Alas, highly unlikely given his unceremonious departure last summer.

Nick Bateman

Quote from: Pluto on June 10, 2015, 05:15:22 PM
I would take Hangeland back. He is more than good enough for championship level even if his role is mostly as a veteran presence on the bench to help mentor the younger lads like Hutch and Burn. I could easily see him on a 1 year deal, transitioning into a coaching role with us.

Hangeland is far better than what Fulham currently have and his all-round calming influence is an important factor in defending under pressure.  A "free" cannot be sneezed at!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

fulhamben

Quote from: Nick Bateman on June 10, 2015, 06:01:50 PM

Hangeland is far better than what Fulham currently have and his all-round calming influence is an important factor in defending under pressure.  A "free" cannot be sneezed at!
he really is not. the man himself knows he is done, but you think you know better than brede himself.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

hovewhite

Could do with him to help off the pitch with our defence in a coaching role.

Snibbo

Quote from: Nick Bateman on June 10, 2015, 06:01:50 PM

Was not is. Time to move on. He was awful two seasons ago and he'll be even slower now. Let's remember him for the great servant he was under Roy and not try to drain the last bit of blood out of him.

MJG

Quote from: hovewhite on June 11, 2015, 10:17:41 AM
Could do with him to help off the pitch with our defence in a coaching role.
Based on what evidence would he be any good as a coach?

jj____

Quote from: Bronaldinho on June 10, 2015, 03:13:14 PM

Hangeland's back to his homeland, and never really been the same player since his back injury.

Texas?

grandad

No to both. Sadly Brede is now finished at this level. Let´s just remember him as he was.
Where there's a will there's a wife