watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-USA

Started by bog, June 11, 2015, 01:44:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

I see the USA won a friendly 2-1 in Germany. Seeing as how they only really got going in the sport in 1994 when they staged the WC so brilliantly how far they have come internationally and us lot have shrunk. And we started about 130 years earlier....

092.gif

HatterDon

You are, I'm afraid, forgetting a score from the 1950 WC in Brazil:  England 0 USA 1  starsnstripes

but thank you for the recognition and kind words.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

love4ffc

Bog - for fear of agitating some on here (see other thread regarding USA) I will just say thanks for the compliment.  I think a lot has changed in the USA football structure that are really helping our youth to develop.  Especially in the last 7 years. 

Oh, I would also say that I thought the English women did a fine job of keeping their game to only one goal.  They turned their game around and were unfortunate not to tie things up.
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

bog

I have to say that the way the USA has improved shows that those who are in charge of the game there put our backwards looking lot to shame. Dinosaurs Inc here?

092.gif   

love4ffc

Well it took a German to get us on the right path.
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Lighthouse

Soccer has been popular with the kids in the US for some time. Women then became a power in the game and so the build up has been constant for decades. We tend to look at the failure of league franchises as being the reason USA hasn't picked up on the game. But the popularity of Soccer has been there for years. A rather large population means most things have a following. But if it doesn't make oddles of money for somebody it is considered a failure.

In the UK remember how recent it was that girls were even allowed to play the game.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

bog

At Fulham it was a German who ruined us.  :dft007:

092.gif