watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Cookie crumbles Belgium

Started by Nick Bateman, June 12, 2015, 10:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

Chris Coleman pulls a masterstroke by defeating FIFA's so-called 2nd ranked best team in the world Belgium 1-0.  One wonders how Belgium achieved that position - they were hopeless in the WC.

Wales were superb, closing down the Belgians in their own half until they caved in.  Mangoland made a distrastrous back-header which was intercepted by Gareth Bale who chested and swiveled to steer the ball through Courtoius' legs.  The Welsh should have gone further ahead when the man with three names, Hal Robson Kanu missed an open goal, but in the end it didn't matter.  Later they consolidated but snuffed out their opponents who only had one shot on target!

On TV they were saying it could be Marc Wilmots last match, not for being a "Mr.White" or a Bob Mills-lookalike, but for not maximizing what many agree is the best squad of Belgian heritage representatives since 'Wee Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'!!

It's an enormous result in world football!  Coleman also played Fulham's Jazz Richards and complimented him post match, so any detractors pay heed.  Richards made no mistakes against the overrated Eden Hazard on that flank and helped in the victory.

Congratulations to Wales, as in USA the other day; one welcomes a change to the dynamic in football - it makes our sport much more inspirational.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Baszab

I wonder who Wales assistant manager is - must be clueless - and inexperienced

St Eve

Surely this is not the same Cookie that we ran out of town

gezkc

Hats off to Chris Coleman - he's doing a fantastic job with Wales.

hovewhite

delighted for cookie,he was as usual like all our bosses heckled and jeered out of the club by sections of our fans,when he did a good job for us overall.Well done sir.

st andrews

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Sanjay is a decent manager, just like the booze and birds too much. Hence why his stint in Spain ended so abruptly.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

The Rock

Delighted for Coleman as well. He lasted for ages here and played his part and I think most carry fond memories of his time with us. It was probably time for him to move on when he did and good to see him doing well.

Logicalman

Cookie was a great servant to the club as player, captain and manager. He'd run his course with us, but it goes to show that he is no one-club manager, his success at International level is great to see.

Well done Cookie.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Skatzoffc

Well done cookie.
Lovely feller.

Great to see his success.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: gezkc on June 13, 2015, 09:05:16 AM
Hats off to Chris Coleman - he's doing a fantastic job with Wales.

Especially considering about 18 months ago a lot of people (myself included) were calling for his head and getting Tony Pulis 
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Wingnut

I just can't fathom the change in results for the Welsh and NI for that matter. Congrats to both sides. I think they will both make it to the Euros. Cookie has done an incredible job there.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

hovewhite

Well we produce at fulham good international managers,,robson ,hodgson ,coleman.
Who follows cookie,could it be a current manager?