more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: TFI Friday

Started by spikey norman, June 12, 2015, 11:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spikey norman

Anybody else watch TFI Friday tonight?
Used to watch it back in the late 90's so was curious to see it after so many years absence from our TV screens.
Same format and quite entertaining but highlight for me was Liam Gallagher and Roger Daltry singing My Generation.

Buffalo76

Used to watch it regularly back in the day. Watched last night's show and enjoyed it. Would like to see it come back full time but hopefully without crap like Rudimental and the Years & Years  fp.gif

spikey norman

I would probably watch it as well if it came back.
Just remembered the young girl last night who could cry milk - that's some party trick.
Also,but may have misheard, Chris Evans saying to Lewis Hamilton that he hadn't ruled out joining Top Gear.

MJG

Watched it last night and the memories came flooding back of Friday evenings getting ready to go out after watching TFI.
Last night lost its way for last half hour but would welcome a reboot of it in possibly the same time slot.

But then again I miss TISWAS so easily pleased.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Not enough old people on here who grew up to "Ready Steady Go"
Kathy McGowan.............yes please............oops

Their tag line was "The weekend starts here" and it did.

Get the Mod gear on, watch RSG and then out the door to the Castle in Richmond,
The Birds Nest in Twickenham, Kew Boathouse, The Boathouse (I think) in Kingston,
or various other assorted Palais, Meccas.

Go on my son, let's pull some birds  :0)
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

spikey norman

Quote from: MJG on June 13, 2015, 01:26:07 PM
Watched it last night and the memories came flooding back of Friday evenings getting ready to go out after watching TFI.
Last night lost its way for last half hour but would welcome a reboot of it in possibly the same time slot.

But then again I miss TISWAS so easily pleased.

TISWAS and O.T.T. were both  good manic fun.Loved Spit the Dog and Lenny Henry as Trevor McDoughnut.
In the early 90's I used to love Dappledown Farm with Brian Cant.When my children were really young and got up at unearthly hours Brian's wicked adult sense of humour made watching a children's tv programme bleary eyed bearable.Would watch it again if Brian did it but reckon he must be in his 80's now.

spikey norman

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on June 13, 2015, 03:18:47 PM

The Birds Nest in Twickenham, Kew Boathouse, The Boathouse (I think) in Kingston,

Go on my son, let's pull some birds  :0)

I used to watch Ready Steady Go and also went to the Birds Best in Twickenham.
I remember the Boat House on Eel Pie Island burning down in the early 70's.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: spikey norman on June 13, 2015, 06:14:11 PM
Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on June 13, 2015, 03:18:47 PM

Go on my son, let's pull some birds  :0)

I used to watch Ready Steady Go and also went to the Birds Best in Twickenham.
I remember the Boat House on Eel Pie Island burning down in the early 70's.

Yep another haunt of mine.
Do you remember Rosie the gypsy sitting at the bottom of the footbridge across to the island
"It's tuppence to get across, it's tuppence to come back, but I wont' be here when you come
back, so it's fourpence now"
What a great scam with hundreds of people going over the bridge every weekend and all of us too embarrassed not to pay.
Better than stealing chickens anyway.

spikey norman

Remember the bridge but not Rosie.The place was well past its heyday when I first went ( run down and some right dodgy characters living there many off their heads) so only went a couple of times - preferred the Birds Nest in Twickenham     ( also went to the ones in Greenford and Muswell Hill ),Hammersmith Palais,the Marquee Club in Soho and occasionally the Greyhound in Fulham Palace Road

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I remember the Birds Nest had phones on each table so if you saw a girl you fancied you could funny her.
Not as successful as "Here's 4p, phone your mum and tell her you won't be home tonight"

LBNo11

...I worked at the Birds Nest in Twickenham in various jobs, behind the bars, DJ (Sunday mornings hard rock) and bouncer. This was after the telephones were removed and the small dance floor replaced. I still have my tie:-

I would drink in the Black Dog, or The Barmy Arms or Henekey's (The George) myself, especially if I was heading to the Birds Nest to socialize afterwards as it was so expensive to have an all nighter in there...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

spikey norman

Great tie LBNo11
Maybe it was you who threw me out once or twice when I got over exuberant at the Nest.
When I moved down to Brighton to go to college  in the early 70's the Birds Nest there had a Thursday night special when all spirits including mixers were only 25p a go.
Missed so many Friday lectures as a result.