watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bent at Derby

Started by BigbadBillyMcKinley, June 13, 2015, 10:18:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigbadBillyMcKinley

I hate to say, but I think this is a shrewd bit of business for them. I might put money down on him scoring 15 plus goals next season.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

fulhamben

10 of those will come against us
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

The Doctor

Bent blows hot and cold so this could go either way for Derby

On the one hand, McLaren clearly got him back to decent form in the second half of last season.  Looking at his stats, he seemed to have scored a lot of late goals - getting some important points for Derby as a result.  Whether this is because he was being used as an impact sub or just that the nature of his game means he's more likely to flourish against tired defenders, I don't know.  But if that form is carried forward then yes, he's a big asset for Derby.

On the other hand, can/will Clement handle him in the same way McLaren did?  Both us and Brighton obviously couldn't get him firing and ultimately didn't fancy him (presumably the feeling was mutual).  Plus there were some high profile fall-outs with Lambert and Bruce, so he might be one of those players for whom management is all important.  Despite an impressive CV as a coach, Clement is something of an unknown quantity as a manager.

Either way, it will be one of those interesting dramas to follow throughout the season

blingo

Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on June 13, 2015, 10:18:19 AM
I hate to say, but I think this is a shrewd bit of business for them. I might put money down on him scoring 15 plus goals next season.

Take two paracetamols and go lie down for an hour or two Mr Mc. That should make it all ok again lol.

LBNo11

...I hope Derby get bent, have wanted them to do so since '83...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

EJL

I would be shocked if he reached a similar total next season. Always struck me as the sort that perks up at the prospect of a new contract, like Adebayor.