watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ultimate Fulham 5 a side team

Started by dannyboi-ffc, June 14, 2015, 04:31:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboi-ffc

The club are asking on the website for fans to pick the clubs ultimate 5 a side team. So why don't we have a crack at picking our own. So many to choose from but from experience of 5 a side footie I think you need players very quick over 5/10 yards, good finishers and good on the ball. On that basis I will go for

VDS

Haynes

Saha                         Boa Morte

Ivor

But its impossible to pick from so many greats
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

One Martin Thomas

Stannard

Morgan Herrara

Hails Conroy

My growing fav' 5 form the terraces when growing up !

fulhamben

vds
                                           moore
            haynes                                             best
                                           ivor
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on June 14, 2015, 04:46:44 PM
Stannard

Morgan Herrara

Hails Conroy

Not meaning to sound a clever clogs but do you mean Barry Hayles? I dont know a Hails so I like to learn more about players I dont remember.

I loved Herrera, he was my first favourite player. Good team if that is supposed to be Bazza. It seems we were introduced to the mighty whites at a similar time

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on June 14, 2015, 05:01:42 PM
Stannard

Morgan Herrara

Hails Conroy

Not meaning to sound a clever clogs but do you mean Barry Hayles? I dont know a Hails so I like to learn more about players I dont remember.

I loved Herrera, he was my first favourite player. Good team if that is supposed to be Bazza. It seems we were introduced to the mighty whites at a similar time

It was Julian Hails.  A good and direct right winger.  I thought he was belting....

Barrett487

Peyton

Finnan

Houghton   Jimmy Conway

Ivor

JackyFulham90

For me as I am only 24 I will go with players I have seen

Van Der Sar
                Hangeland
Malbranque        Boa Morte
                       Saha

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on June 14, 2015, 05:05:09 PM
Stannard

Morgan Herrara

Hails Conroy

It was Julian Hails.  A good and direct right winger.  I thought he was belting....

Never heard of him which is unusual for me. I am quite good with names even from generations before me. Cant say I have ever come across that name. Was that early 90's?

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

fulhamben

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on June 14, 2015, 05:25:19 PM
Stannard

Morgan Herrara

Hails Conroy

Never heard of him which is unusual for me. I am quite good with names even from generations before me. Cant say I have ever come across that name. Was that early 90's?
psssh call yourself a fan
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on June 14, 2015, 05:24:57 PM
For me as I am only 24 I will go with players I have seen

Van Der Sar
                Hangeland
Malbranque        Boa Morte
                       Saha

Going on players I have seen that would probably be my team too, but very difficult to pick between Coleman and Brede

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: fulhamben on June 14, 2015, 05:26:25 PM
Stannard

Morgan Herrara

Hails Conroy

To be fair I just checked and he was 1990-94. I started going in 95 and that early 90's era was when my mum stopped going to look after me and my sister so thats probably why I have never heard of him.

My Grandad tended to talk about teams I had seen or the old days of Haynes and Cohen. Thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

ffc73

Impossible.  You could have loads of goes all with different teams.  A team of names not used yet

Taylor

Parker

Collins   Clark

Hayles

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on June 14, 2015, 05:30:41 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on June 14, 2015, 05:26:25 PM
Stannard

Morgan Herrara

Hails Conroy

To be fair I just checked and he was 1990-94. I started going in 95 and that early 90's era was when my mum stopped going to look after me and my sister so thats probably why I have never heard of him.

My Grandad tended to talk about teams I had seen or the old days of Haynes and Cohen. Thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

He was sold to Southend who were at that time in the second tier.  He was my favourite player, though for one match (home to Swansea in cup) he was totally eclipsed by Paul Broker.  Remember that match thinking ohhhhh god no Hails in starting line-up and then Paul Broker came on !!!!  Flipping 'eck what a performance that was.

jms

Macedo
Cohen
Coleman
Haynes
Leggat

Speed of George and Graham ( and amazing scoring skills )......mastery of Johnny and solid, defence skills from Chris. Tony the genius in goal.
By far the best 5 a-side in our history.

Never include George Best as he was a 'token' player for us. If he had been our player from the beginning he would have taken my beloved Leggat's place. Best was technically the greatest player to put on the Fulham shirt, even if it was for a few months.

colinwhite

The most technical side we could play is:

VDS
     Moore     Haynes
     Best      Burbatov

Subs : Mullery Marsh  Saha  Malbrnaque
In five -a-side techinique and nouse beats pace and hard work . What aside that would be .Even though i didn't like Berbatov in our side he would be amazing in this line -up .

cmg

I went for:

EVDS
Billy Goldie
Ray Houghton
George Best
Allan Clarke

I thought 5-a-side not to be quite the thing for Haynes or Mooro, they could see to the entertainment in the VIP lounge.
Billy Goldie was a bit before even my time (he played in our first ever Football League match) but I think you need a hard man to intimidate the oppo and Goldie had a disciplinary record that makes Bobby Keetch look like Mother Theresa. He looks bloody frightening and had such a thick Scottish accent that he needed an interpreter on his frequent visits in front of the FA disciplinary committee (so Ray Houghton would have someone to talk to).

gezkc

I'd go for:
Stannardr
Hangeland
Duff
Dembele (the one who went to Spurs!)
Saha

Holders

Peyton, Strong, Finnan, Mullers, Berba, Saha
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Dixie

Stannard
Coleman
Steeeeed
Saha
Coney (of course!)

Quite an attacking line up, but Cookie at the back will snuff out any threat from the oppo
"Dixie" Dean Coney - the legend lives on!

Ordar

You've all got this wrong:

------------hayles-------
---Hayles-------Hayles
----------Hayles------
---Hayles------Hayles

Cant beat a team of Barry Hayles

In all seriousness I'd pick players who might not be the best but were cult heroes in my years of supporting Fulham

----------Stannard-----
------Pantsil--Volz
-----------Stolcers------
-----Sava---------Lehmann

Chihi and Kuqi were good shouts