https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

one step forwards and two back by roy

Started by fulhamben, June 14, 2015, 04:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

england team in
                                                                        hart
jones    smalling                                                              cahill  gibbs
                   henderson            wishire                      delph
    TOWNSEND                             rooney                       sterling
finally andros gets a start, but jones at right back and smalling in the middle. and do we really need delph in the middle, would have prefered the ox and walcott over raheem
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

fulhamben

as feared, one nil down. smalling and cahill trying to hold the line. poor poor poor

fulhamben

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 14, 2015, 05:55:05 PM
England are by far the better side. But your right about their goal, Cahill and Smalling should have gone with him, instead of trying to play the offside, poor communication, he was never going to out run them, they should have gone with him. But it started from Jones poor throw in at the other end, which was the third poor throw.
roys team selections just baffle the hell out of me sometimes. right back is a position we are blessed in at the mo. and he picks jones. jones would have been better in the middle next to cahil.

God The Mechanic

Smalling was Man Utd's best defender for pretty much the entire second half of last season, with Jones playing pretty dreadfully whenever I saw him.

And the goal was all on Cahill.  Should never have stepped up when he did and was miles behind everyone else.

fulhamben

Quote from: God The Mechanic on June 14, 2015, 06:05:56 PM
Smalling was Man Utd's best defender for pretty much the entire second half of last season, with Jones playing pretty dreadfully whenever I saw him.

And the goal was all on Cahill.  Should never have stepped up when he did and was miles behind everyone else.
uniteds whole defence was poor last season. smalling was nearest to him so should have tracked him

God The Mechanic

He was behind Smalling while Cahill was looking directly at him and moved away from him.  Cahill actually stopped tracking him to play him a couple of yards onside.

fulhamben

Quote from: God The Mechanic on June 14, 2015, 06:13:34 PM
He was behind Smalling while Cahill was looking directly at him and moved away from him.  Cahill actually stopped tracking him to play him a couple of yards onside.
have to watch again, but to me smalling was closet to him and stepped up, which is even more bizare if he was already behind him. either way i wouldnt have smalling starting. jack equalized boom

God The Mechanic

fulhamben

Quote from: God The Mechanic on June 14, 2015, 06:20:12 PM
http://streamable.com/eovu

He was behind Smalling before the pass was made.
smalling was ball watching big time. shocking from both

fulhamben

F(f)CUK

fulhamben

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 14, 2015, 06:31:43 PM
Even better 2nd Wiltshire goal.
where was that gazza thread from the other day

fulhamben

we just look like conceeding on every attack. thankfully they dont attack much

fulhamben

fulhamben

good result. switched off for the goals, and missed a couple of sitters, but on the whole played well. exceptional stuff from young jack

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Oh well, predictable.
England win 3-2
6 wins on the trot
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

fulhamben

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 14, 2015, 07:08:30 PM
England played some good first time passing movements. Defence worries me, but going forward at a high tempo England looked good.
and lets not forget, we didnt have kane welbeck and sturidge either

fulhamben

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 14, 2015, 07:31:39 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on June 14, 2015, 07:12:35 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 14, 2015, 07:08:30 PM
England played some good first time passing movements. Defence worries me, but going forward at a high tempo England looked good.
and lets not forget, we didnt have kane welbeck and sturidge either

That's right, there are more options, and competition for places. I would like to see John Stones given opportunity, let's hope he gets regular 1st team football at Everton.
im quite expecting young jenkinson to get a look in at rb before the tourne actually starts. he looks a different class at 21 level

FPT

The fault is with Gary Cahill with the goal, he can see the whole situation, he can see Novakovic running in behind Chris Smalling. As the sides' experienced defender, he should know so much better than trying to play the offside trap (appallingly) when he can see everything in front of him. Gary Cahill's attempted trap gave Novakovic the 5ish yards he needed to break through and score. Disappointing from supposedly our best centre back.

Jack Wilshere was excellent today, this 433 suits him down to the ground. Great to see him show his ability to find the back of the net too, two impressive strikes of which we've never really seen from him before. Hopefully he can have a full season and be 100% for us going into the Euros. I like Fabian Delph, he's got the ability to have the same impact as Wilshere, running from deep and playing quickly. Adam Lallana was very promising when he came on, he's had a mixed year with mostly negatives and showed his talent in an attacking light.

Wayne was wasteful, as he has been in the England shirt in recent games, but scored the all important third. Looks like he needs the record weight to come off of his shoulders - we could do with him scoring a load this next season too! I know he has a mixed game, but Wayne hasn't scored over 20 in a season for three seasons. Raheem Sterling also showed a lack of ruthlessness when it comes to scoring, I thought he was bright and always dangerous, but never an *actual* threat.

All in all, I'm happy with what I saw despite some uncharacteristically (for Roy) poor defending. Though worrying to hear that we're looking to imitate the Spanish and the Germans rather than being what we are are stepping our own way. I think it was Walt Disney that once spoke about how he can innovate and create faster than others can imitate.

Fulham1959

Quote from: fulhamben on June 14, 2015, 05:39:40 PM
as feared, one nil down. smalling and cahill trying to hold the line. poor poor poor

Ever the doom merchant.