watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - England EURO tickets

Started by samv10, June 15, 2015, 09:43:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

samv10

I'm looking to go to euro 2016 with some mates to watch England next year and was hoping for some advice? Is it better to apply for UEFA or wait and apply through the FA?

leonffc

Both.
UEFA have just 'released' the first ballot which you can apply for games but no one knows who will be playing where at the minute.
I think there will be a second wave when teams get their groups.

To go through the FA you need to become a gold member to be eligible for away tickets. This involves passport checks etc but even then you won't be guaranteed tickets as its done on a points system and the die yards will be way ahead of you by now - and with it being in France there won't be a shortage of takers. That's how it used to work anyway, I've given my membership up.

If you can't get tickets, just head out there and watch it in a fan park. They are superb and you may even pick up a spare ticket out there.
I'm planning on going with my lad.

JoeBartramFFC

If you want England tickets, then either apply for random tickets through the initial UEFA ballot that's currently open until July 10th, or wait for the second ballot in December and January after the games have been confirmed. With the second option you should be able to apply for a 'follow my country' style ticket which gives you all the games for one team, but there are usually more risks involved with that such as having to buy tickets for games later in the tournament even if your chosen team are out.

It's quite late to do so but you can also join the England Supporters Travel club for 85 quid and with that you have access to England gams and can build up a caps total which enables you to get priority for big games and tournaments. For France, 70% of our allocation(s) are for the top cap holders and then there are two ballots, one for 20% which is for those who have done 4 home and 2 aways over this qualifing period, and then the final 10% which is a ballot for anyone who is a member.

Most people have a decent number of caps by now so joining this late in the game would mean you can only be in that 10%, as we only have 3 home games before the Euro 2016 draw.

My advice would be to apply for a few random group games now, and then look at what you can get in the second ballot. I myself will be applying through both avenues, but this has it's own difficulties as you cannot attend two games on the same day, so if you already get a ticket through this initial allocation, should England then play on the same day you wouldn't be allowed to get a ticket.