watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: Favorite Cookie

Started by Logicalman, June 15, 2015, 11:51:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logicalman

OK, by popular demand, well someone did ask for it, here is the 'what is your favorite cookie/cake/bread thread.

I'll start: Chocolate digestives with a lovely hot cuppa. We can even get bourbons over here, and they make a good substitute with the PG Tips.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Twig

I have never thought that biscuits (love em) and cookies (not so partial) were the same thing?  Anyone else recognise a distinction?

On the biscuit side, I was always a bit a fan of garibaldis and fig roles.

The Equalizer

I'm a big fan of Anzac biscuits.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

f321ffc

Cookie Coleman fp.gif 049:gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Dixie

"Dixie" Dean Coney - the legend lives on!

kevin

Chocolate Hob Nob or Fig roll

blingo

butter shortbread and rich tea

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Walkers shortbread and dark chocolate Digestives.
The best salesman in the world must be the Walkers salesman.
They are everywhere here even clothes shops.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Lighthouse

I do like fruit cake or current cake, manor cake. Cream cake, Chocolate cake and Strawberry cake. I like coffee cake and........I love cake.

I like cheddars and cheeslets and orange club biscuits. Rich tea with some cheese or Digestives with some cheese. But I tend to go through a packet in one sitting if I am not careful. So I try and limit those. Love shortbread.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Logicalman

Twig, quite correct as well, though I was leaning more towards linking it with our past captain/manager just to give it Fulham flavor.  :54:

Yeah, shortbread, not so readily available in local stores about here, and hob-nobs, delish. There's an Indian store down the road from us that provides all our Cadbury items (no, not that 'under license' Hershey rubbish) and they get the Bourbons in as well.

Do miss the opportunity to just walk into a grocery shop and find a grand selection of real biscuits though.  :dft001:

Mentioning Walkers, reminds me to start another thread about crisps (for our american cousins, 'chips').
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

snarks

Lemon Drizzle or Coffee and Walnut cakes are my cake of choice. Although Ms notsnarks does make the best chocolate brownies

<jeremy clarkson voice on>
IN THE WORLD
<j/c voice off>

As for a biscuit, chocolate digestives are the god amongst men of biscuits, it's not open for debate, and anyone who disagrees is just wrong, no debate no buts, you're wrong.

nose

Biscuits are addictive and I try to avoid them.... i like loads of kinds but if i touch one, i almost always have to finish the plate/packet/container.

A digestive dunked in coffee...what a rare but simple treat.

alfie

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

grandad

Where there's a will there's a wife

YankeeJim

What the devil is a chocolate Digestive? Is it different than a chocolate in-Digestive?
What's wrong with a simple chocolate chip. a bit crunchy with a glass of milk or a good cup of java?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

blingo

java???? Come on Mr Jim it's a nice cuppa Rosie with a bikky lol;)

YankeeJim

I think the reason you lot lost your empire was because you drink tea instead of coffee. Tea is for my great aunt when she is out on the town with her friends; unless you brew it with sugar and have it served with ice by a leggy southern bell. LOL
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

blingo

That's a whole new thread there Jim Boy lol

Jonaldiniho 88

Have to go for a hobnob. A close second is bourbons. Is everyone aware of the drinking tea through a bourbon like a straw technique? Game changer.

Take that back its a penguin u use as a straw.

Forever Fulham

I love chocolate coated tea biscuits.  Hard to find in North Texas.  So I go to the local India Bazaar supermarket.  I'll probably always prefer a good chocolate chip cookie to any other cookie.  I'm simple like that, and I know what I like.  However, if you've ever had cheese flan.  Oh.  My.  God.    Also a big fan of Bear Claws (Canadian pastry) and a Long John with Boston creme filling (a custard).  Give me one of each and I can die a happy man.