more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff 16.06.2015

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 16, 2015, 09:15:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Fulham 5-a-side: Nevland

Striker Erik Nevland is the first Fulham face to reveal who would make it into his ultimate Whites 5-a-side outfit.

Mark Schwarzer

I would go for Mark Schwarzer in goal. Thinking about the time that I was at the Club, Mark was absolutely outstanding for Fulham. He arrived the summer after I joined and he was a good pro who always did his best, so I would have to go for Mark.

Brede Hangeland

I'm just going to have the one defender in my team, and I'd have to say Brede Hangeland for that role. He can defend on his own! Brede's a great defender so I'd have him at the back – and it's good to get a Norwegian connection in there, too!

Clint Dempsey

Further forward, I think I'd have Clint Dempsey in there. He's just a great player. Technically he's very good, but he's also physically strong. We know how good he is at scoring goals, and he always gives his best so I think he's got the right mentality for 5-a-side.

Damien Duff

We'd need a quick dribbler in there as well I think, so I'll go for Duffer. He's very skilful with the ball at his feet, he had that pace, and he's got that brilliant left foot as well.

Bobby Zamora

If I'm picking players on their form from when I was at Fulham, I'd go for Bobby Zamora in there up front. He's strong, he can hold the ball well and he'd be very difficult to play against in a 5-a-side team.

I enjoyed some very good times with this group when I was at Fulham. It was a great time for the Club and for me personally as well, so it's a period that I look back on with fond memories.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/june/16/fulham-5-a-side-nevland?

Friendsoffulham

Report: Fulham interested in Crystal Palace's Fraizer Campbell

Fulham want to sign former Manchester United and Sunderland striker Fraizer Campbell from Crystal Palace, according to a report.

Fulham are interested in signing Fraizer Campbell from Crystal Palace this summer, according to Get West London.

It has been reported that Palace are willing to let the 27-year-old striker leave on loan if they cannot agree on a permanent deal with their London rivals.

Campbell joined the Eagles from Welsh outfit Cardiff City in the summer of 2014 and has a contract until June 2017, according to Transfermarkt.co.uk.

Much was expected of the 27-year-old, but he struggled to play regularly for Palace in the recently concluded 2014-15 campaign.

The former Manchester United and Sunderland striker could score just four goals and managed to create only eight chances in 20 Premier League appearances.

SEE ALSO: Report: Stoke could make move for Tottenham-linked 26-year-old

Campbell had a pass accuracy of 71% and a shot accuracy of 43%, and won 30 headers, 15 dribbles and seven tackles.

Fulham are looking for a striker at the moment, and it makes sense for them to go for Campbell if they can sign him on a relative cheap price.

Would Fraizer Campbell be a good signing for Fulham?

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/06/15/report-fulham-interested-in-crystal-palaces-fraizer-campbell/?

Friendsoffulham

Richards - Fulham Move Could Happen

One of Wales' stars of Friday night's 1-0 win over Belgium in Cardiff has been the subject of interest this summer already having admitted towards the end of last season that he was likely to have to find another club in his bid for first team football.

Richards spent time on loan at Fulham last season and they are in pole position it seems to secure his signature on a permanent basis.

Richards' first team opportunities at Swansea have been somewhat limited and he says he has got to the stage now where he needs first team football.

This is a big season for Jazz with Wales seemingly on the march to France next summer and a first team spot at Championship level would serve him better than a bit part role at a Premier League club hence why he has the desire to move

And he admits that Fulham is a possibility for him "I loved it at Fulham when I was there, they're a great group of lads," said Richards.

"Maybe it is an option, we'll just have to wait and see.

"There are rumours, but I've not really looked into it too much. Last week I was with the Welsh team so I was concentrating on that.

"Now the Wales game is over maybe I can look into that and see what's going on.

"It's not been brought up with Kit. He is professional in what he does so we didn't really speak about it last week."

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/38909/?

Friendsoffulham

Report: Manchester City to battle Manchester United over £10m-rated Patrick Roberts

Manchester City are looking to battle Manchester United over Fulham playmaker Patrick Roberts this summer.

According to the Daily Mail, Manchester City are interested in £10million-rated midfield prospect Patrick Roberts from Championship side Fulham.

The report states that Roberts and Southampton's Ward-Prowse, along with the well-documented Raheem Sterling, are on City's radar and could look to sign all three this summer in an attempt to boost their 'homegrown' talent stock.

Last month, in the Mirror, United were linked with a move to the highly-rated midfielder and were said to be keen on testing Fulham's resolve over the player despite their reluctance to sell.

Liverpool and Arsenal were also credited with interest in the player in the report by the Mirror, making the 18-year-old one of the most wanted players in the country.

Should Manchester City look to steal Roberts from under their rivals' nose?

Roberts made 17 appearances for Fulham last season in the Championship, with all but two coming from the bench.

Despite his tidy play on the ball, he was often found wanting as the physical demands of the Championship threatened to null his effectiveness on the game.

He created just the one goal, on his debut against Fulham, and most of his appearances in games were less than 20 minutes long.

SEE ALSO: Manchester City starlet: I want to be the best footballer in the world

Nevertheless, the winger is notably the pick of the bunch for the England under-18 side and he was once again the star of the show against Russia last week as the young lions fell to a last minute winner.

The fleet-footed attacker certainly has a bright future in the game, despite not being ready yet, but the race for his signature could leave the sides that don't' act quickest regretting it.

City fans, do you think Roberts is the type of player you should be signing this summer?

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/06/15/sp-report-manchester-city-to-battle-manchester-united-over-10m-r/?

Friendsoffulham

Fulham transfer news: Manchester City close in on Patrick Roberts deal

Manchester City are closing in on signing teenager Patrick Roberts from Fulham.

The 18-year-old winger is in high demand and has just one year left on his contract at Craven Cottage.

All of the top Premier League clubs are interested in the England Under-19 international but City were last night close to completing a deal to take him to Manchester.

Roberts started just three games last season as Fulham struggled to adapt to life back in the Championship, and had to fight to stay in the division. The west London club had hoped to convince Roberts to commit his future there, offering him a new long-term contract, but City are on the brink of winning the battle to sign him.

Roberts was part of the Fulham side that lost to Chelsea in the FA Youth Cup final last year but is yet to be given an extended run in the Fulham first team. At City, he would join up with Patrick Vieira's elite development squad, but the teenager is confident he could break into Manuel Pellegrini's side. City are keen to sign more young English players this summer – they have already made an official approach for Liverpool's Raheem Sterling – and Roberts would fit their profile.

Liverpool have moved to sign 18-year-old defender Joe Gomez from Charlton Athletic. Liverpool are ready to offer as much as £3.5million for the highly rated England Under-19 international.

Southampton have started to strengthen their squad for next year's Europa League campaign by moving for Juanmi from Malaga. They have activated the €7m (£5m) release clause in the striker's contract and have beaten rivals in England and Spain, including Real Sociedad, to his signature. Juanmi, 22, recently made his debut for Spain.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fulham-transfer-news-manchester-city-close-in-on-patrick-roberts-deal-10322292.html

Friendsoffulham

Patrick Roberts to Manchester City: Highly-rated Fulham teenager set to join Manuel Pellegrini's side

Manchester City are closing in on signing teenager Patrick Roberts from Fulham.

The 18-year-old winger is in high demand and has just one year left on his contract at Craven Cottage. All of the top Premier League clubs are interested in the England Under-19 international but City last night have moved into pole position to bring him to Manchester.

Roberts started just three games last season as Fulham struggled to adapt to life back in the Championship, and had to fight to stay in the division. The west London club had hoped to convince Roberts to commit his future there, offering him a new long-term contract, but City were last night close to winning the competition for his signature.

The 10 potential biggest transfers of the summer

Roberts was part of the Fulham side that lost to Chelsea in the FA Youth Cup final last year but is yet to be given an extended run in the Fulham first team.

At City he would join up with Patrick Vieira's Elite Development Squad. But the teenager is confident he could eventually break into Manuel Pellegrini's first team. City are keen to sign more young English players this summer – they have already made an official approach for Raheem Sterling – and Roberts would fit the profile of what they are looking for.

Liverpool have moved to sign 18-year-old defender Joe Gomez from Charlton Athletic. Liverpool are ready to offer as much as £3.5million for the highly-rated England Under-19 international.

Southampton have started to strengthen their squad for next year's Europa League campaign by moving for Juanmi from Malaga. Southampton have activated the €7milllion (£5m) release clause in his contract and have beaten rivals in England and Spain, including Real Sociedad, to his signature. Juanmi has recently made his debut for the Spanish senior team.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/patrick-roberts-to-manchester-city-highlyrated-fulham-teenager-set-to-join-manuel-pellegrinis-side-10322075.html

Friendsoffulham

Fulham move 'is an option,' says Richards

Swansea City defender Jazz Richards has admitted that a permanent move to Fulham is a possibility but insists that his international commitments have been his first priority in the past week.

The full-back starred during Wales' 1-0 win over Belgium in Cardiff on Friday night and could be tempted to leave Swansea, where he has played his football since he left school, in order to enhance his international prospects as Chris Coleman's side close in on qualifying for Euro 2016. Richards, who has struggled for first-team football at the Liberty Stadium, has previously conceded that he could look elsewhere for regular game time and has spoken glowingly about how he enjoyed a loan spell at Craven Cottage towards the end of the season.

Fulham have had an offer believed to be in the region of £500,000 accepted for the 24 year-old, although two Premier League clubs have reportedly registered their interests after Richards' exploits in keeping the likes of Eden Hazard quiet on Friday night. Speaking to the South Wales Evening Post, Richards denied that Fulham boss Kit Symons, who has stepped down as Coleman's assistant, had used his national team position to make the close for a move to London.

I loved it at Fulham when I was there, they're a great group of lads. Maybe it is an option, we'll just have to wait and see.

There are rumours, but I've not really looked into it too much. Last week I was with the Welsh team so I was concentrating on that. Now the Wales game is over maybe I can look into that and see what's going on.

It's not been brought up with Kit. He is professional in what he does so we didn't really speak about it last week.

Richards made fourteen appearances for Fulham during a loan spell with the Championship club during the second half of last season and has previously been linked with the likes of QPR and Derby.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2015/06/fulham-move-is-an-option-says-richards/?

Friendsoffulham

Costa Rican International Bryan Ruiz set to leave Fulham for Sporting Lisbon

Reports from Portugal say that Sporting Lisbon are confident of closing a deal for the Fulham forward this week

Bryan Ruiz is leaving again. Or he isn't. We've been down this road before. He was loaned to PSV after not getting along with Magath, but returned after the season. After a great World Cup run with Costa Rica, he was expected to be sold last off season, but the window closed and he was still around; even though Magath wouldn't play him. A deal with Levante was said to be finalized in January, only for a paperwork problem to stop it. Ruiz's contract was set to expire in June, only for Fulham to exercise the option for one more year. So is this the time he really goes?

It's a deal that makes sense. Fulham only picked up the option to sell him. So his value isn't that great. The €2M fee reported by Portuguese paper A Bola is something Sporting Lisbon could readily afford. And it fits with their history of buying players on the cheap.

Sporting Lisbon do have a player who fits a similar role in Fredy Montero. However, he's subject to transfer rumors of his own. If they could fetch near his market value of €10M, it would be a tidy profit on the just over €2M they paid for him. Giving them more than enough money to pick up Ruiz and still pocket the difference.

Sporting Lisbon is also set to compete in the Champions League next season. For a player like Ruiz, that could be a very attractive proposition.

The report says a deal is expected this week, so we should know sooner rather than later if this gets done. I don't expect Ruiz to be here next season, but I'll be sad to see him go. He might never have been a perfect fit. And he might never have lived up to the £11M fee Fulham paid for him. But I always enjoyed watching him play.

http://cottagersconfidential.sbnation.com/2015/6/15/8786031/bryan-ruiz-leaving-fulham-sporting-lisbon-costa-rican

Friendsoffulham

Fulham first day back in training, minus...

...the big earners in white

Fulham players are back in training - but minus the big earners for whom the club has no future.

Maarten Stekelenburg, Kostas Mitroglou and Fernando Amorebieta were all excused first-day duty, not least because the latter is playing for Venezuela in the Copa America tournament.

Striker Mitroglou also played a full 90 minutes for his country Saturday, only to draw a blank as Greece suffered a shock 2-1 defeat by minnows Faroes Islands for the second time in the European Championships.

The 32-year-old Dutchman was on loan there last season, and is reportedly a target for fellow countryman Ronald Koeman at Southampton, but will have his work cut out to convince the Saints supremo after featuring only four times for Monaco, the last appearance coming back in March.

Stekelenburg has two years left on his Fulham contract, as does Amorebieta. Mitroglou, the most expensive signing in Fulham history at £12 million, is there until summer 2018.

However, getwestlondon understands there is no set date for any of the trio's return to training - if at all, while the club try to broker loans or sales.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-first-day-back-training-9459992?

Friendsoffulham

Fulham Face Wycombe

Fulham will play Wycombe Wanderers at Adams Park in the First Round of the Capital One Cup.

The tie will take place the week commencing August 10th.

Ticket information will be released in due course.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/june/16/fulham-face-wycombe?

Friendsoffulham

Fulham handed Wycombe trip in Capital One Cup draw

Fulham have been drawn away at Wycombe Wanderers in the first round of this season's Capital One Cup.

The tie will take place at Adams Park during the week commencing Monday August 10.

The Chairboys, who missed on out promotion from League Two in a cruel penalty shoot-out defeat at Wembley last month, memorably beat Fulham on their way to the semi-finals of the competition in 2006/07.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2015/06/fulham-handed-wycombe-trip-in-capital-one-cup-draw/?

Friendsoffulham

Roberts to pick City MAN CITY

Manchester City are said to have beaten off a host of Premier League clubs to sign talented teenager Patrick Roberts from Fulham.

The 18-year-old burst onto the scene when starring for the Whites during their run to the FA Youth Cup final in 2014 before being handed his first senior start in the same year by then Cottagers boss Felix Magath.

Following Fulham's relegation to the Championship, Roberts was expected to feature regularly for the London club but managed just three starts. Despite his lack of first-team chances, Fulham offered Roberts a new long-term contract in the hope he would commit his future to the club and end speculation linking him with the Premier League's big boys.

Arsenal and Liverpool were both said to be keen on the winger but Manchester City appear to have won the race for his signature and are expected to tie up a deal shortly.

Read more at: https://www.clubcall.com/manchester-city/roberts-to-pick-city-1772362.html?

Friendsoffulham

Race hots up for Swans ace

Crystal Palace are showing an interest in Swansea defender Jazz Richards, who is keen to get his future resolved as soon as possible.

Richards has struggled to break into the Swansea first-team, mainly due to the fact both Kyle Naughton and Angel Rangel are ahead of him in the pecking order. The youngster's first-team prospects show no sign of improving and the Swans will be happy to cash in.

Fulham are reported to have offered £500,000 after he impressed while on loan at Craven Cottage last season. The Wales international is open to a move to west London but there is also interest from Palace, and possibly West Brom, so he may get the chance to stay in the Premier League.

"I loved it at Fulham when I was there, they're a great group of lads," said Richards. "Maybe it is an option, we'll just have to wait and see. "There are rumours, but I've not really looked into it too much.

Last week I was with the Welsh team so I was concentrating on that. "Now the Wales game is over maybe I can look into that and see what's going on.

"It's not been brought up with Kit. He is professional in what he does so we didn't really speak about it last week."

Read more at: https://www.clubcall.com/crystal-palace/race-hots-up-for-swans-ace-1772368.html?

Friendsoffulham

Man City agree deal for Fulham's Patrick Roberts - sources

Patrick Roberts has been tipped for a bright future in the game.
Manchester City have agreed a deal to sign highly-rated Fulham winger Patrick Roberts, sources have told ESPN FC.

Chelsea, Manchester United and Liverpool are others among the host of clubs to have been chasing Roberts, who is regarded as one of the most prodigious talents in the country.

However, Manchester City have stolen a march on their rivals by moving quickly to do a deal for the England under-19 international worth an initial fee of £5 million, which could rise to as much as £10 million with various add-ons.

Fulham were hoping to keep Roberts and had offered him a new deal, with his current contract expiring in the summer of 2016, but have been unable to match the offer from City.

City have been monitoring Roberts' progress at Craven Cottage for some time and, although they see the midfielder as one for the future, they believe he could prove a valuable addition to their squad for next season as they need to bolster their homegrown quota after the departures of James Milner, Frank Lampard, Micah Richards and Dedryck Boyata this summer.

Roberts ironically made his Premier League debut as a substitute against City in March 2014 and made 20 appearances for Fulham in the Championship last season.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/2493882/man-city-agree-deal-for-fulhams-patrick-roberts-sources?