https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tipping Capital One Cup/ Personal Big News/ FA cup update

Started by dannyboi-ffc, June 17, 2015, 08:23:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboi-ffc

Morning all,

Tipping Capital One Cup.

As most of you Tipping lovers will be aware I have been organising this via PM. There are 4 spaces left. It will work exactly the same as the FA cup version. Because the response was very good I decided to start it from the second round instead of the third. All this means is 8 people will receive a buy through to the 3rd round whilst the other 48 start in the 2nd. There was only one fair way to pick those 8 and they will be the top 7 places in the league and runner up of the FA cup because The Cravenette qualifies as both. If Hatter Don does not take one of these places then Lighthouse will take the final buy. HD turned down the offer of the FA cup so I assumed he wouldnt want to take part this time either.

Now for my big news, a month ago I offered to take my daughter to school to let the wife have a break, an opportunity she normally bites my hand off for. But on this occasion she was adamant that she wanted to take her because she had to go out and buy a cheap pair of shoes. I thought it was a bit weird but I'm gullible and bought into it. She comes back an hour later and runs straight to the toilet without a hello or anything. Minutes later I am greeted with a positive pregnancy test which I stare at in disbelief.  The silence is obviously lasting far too long because she starts hurrying me for a response. "Say something" she says. So I replied with the only thing my brain could muster up........"did you get those shoes?"

Anyway after a few hours of coming to terms with a fourth kid we are very happy with this unexpected news and the fulham family will be extended by one more in January. I wouldn't normally be so confused and concerned about such good news but we currently have an 7 year old, a two year old and a 6 month old who will turn 1 a week after the baby is due! Time to wave goodbye to me hair lol!

So as you can imagine I am going to be mega busy from January onwards and my family have to take priority over fof. Therefore sadly the FA Cup version will be giving a miss for a year unless someone is happy to help me run it. And when I say help me I basically mean follow my instructions but do all the running around. I cant pretend this isnt very time consuming and thats why I havent asked Logical man. He already runs the league and I know is very busy at the moment. So if you want to help out then let me know and we can work something out.

I have messaged over 75 people about taking part and every pereon from fof who took part in the FA cup version was invited to take part. The reason for this is the capital one cup will be a substitute this season as the dates work out easier for me. In January I would much rather chase 4 people than 64 and 32 in the space of 3 weeks. If it is a success then there is every chance they will both happen next season but this year I have to put family first.

So 4 spaces left, Im avin a baby, fa cup is cancelled this season but let me know if you want to run it for me for this season only.

Cheers guys
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

BedsFFC

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: BedsFFC on June 17, 2015, 11:17:11 AM
Congratulations. 4! Blimey.

Did she get the shoes?

Nope lol. She reckons she needed a cheap pair of shoes...... they have turned out to be the dearest pair of shoes I've ever come across!

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

grandad

Congratulations on the news of you increasing your Academy.
Where there's a will there's a wife

millsy

I've replied by PM but please include me if place still available.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: millsy on June 17, 2015, 12:37:21 PM
I've replied by PM but please include me if place still available.

You're included dont worry mate. I am just about to respond to the message

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

The Equalizer

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on June 17, 2015, 11:23:36 AM
Quote from: BedsFFC on June 17, 2015, 11:17:11 AM
Congratulations. 4! Blimey.

Did she get the shoes?

they have turned out to be the dearest pair of shoes I've ever come across!

That's one way of avoiding having more kids...  :58:
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

The Equalizer

Congratulations by the way mate, I'm bracing myself for impact for Equalizer Jr who will be appearing at the end of August!
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Syd Cupp

Congratulations on your families news but any more additions Danny and I think you're gonna need one of your big red company vehicles to take the family out.

rweller86

Congrats on the news!! Count me in for tipping if I am not in already :)
@rweller

sunburywhite

Congratulations Danny

Lets hope our home form doesn't get her too excited as the baby come due
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: rweller86 on June 17, 2015, 02:37:00 PM
Congrats on the news!! Count me in for tipping if I am not in already :)

You text me saying yes remember lol?

Thanks guys, I must have super mojo. I just look at her and she conceives........ no more though after this!

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

rweller86

Ah yes. I was looking back through my PMs for it ;)
@rweller

Fulham Tup North

Many congratulations DB.
Your wife will need cheap shoes if she has morning sickness. Now't worse than being sick on a decent pair! :)
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: The Equalizer on June 17, 2015, 01:09:31 PM
Congratulations by the way mate, I'm bracing myself for impact for Equalizer Jr who will be appearing at the end of August!

Good luck with Equalizer Jr! Its not too bad with one.... or two but when you have more kids than hands you can easily feel outnumbered.

I'll see you at the fulham mummies and daddies toddler group in a couple of years......

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Barrett487

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on June 17, 2015, 08:23:41 AM

Anyway after a few hours of coming to terms with a fourth kid we are very happy with this unexpected news and the fulham family will be extended by one more in January. I wouldn't normally be so confused and concerned about such good news but we currently have an 7 year old, a two year old and a 6 month old who will turn 1 a week after the baby is due! Time to wave goodbye to me hair lol!

So if it's twins, you've a five-a-side in the making (sorry about the pun)  :Haynes The Maestro:

Congrats to both of you.  

Oh and you as well Eq

082.gif

ps. looking at the title, did you merge your own threads Dan?

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Barrett487 on June 17, 2015, 11:47:41 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on June 17, 2015, 08:23:41 AM

So if it's twins, you've a five-a-side in the making (sorry about the pun)  :Haynes The Maestro:

Congrats to both of you.  

Oh and you as well Eq

082.gif

ps. looking at the title, did you merge your own threads Dan?

Thats the aim, don't tell the others but the Fof team are pretty average and the aim is to nurture my own into a super 5 a side team. At that point I will dump the team but keep it to yourself....

Haha sort of. It was initially like that anyway. It was just easier than writing 3 threads. Some would call that using my brain but I promise you it was pure laziness

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supermitch

Just caught up with the news - many congratulations Daniel.  You'll have 3 under 3 for a while, wow, that'll be busy busy busy  :yay:

ScalleysDad

Congratulations to you all.
Women have some funny codes for things do they not? Cheap shoes indeed.
The current Mrs Short used to do that but nowadays when she says she is going out to get something "to spruce things up" it invariably leads to the bathroom smelling like an alpine forest via an aerosol.