News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely đź”’
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What other rubbish is circulating today then?

Started by Wearethewhites, June 18, 2015, 03:53:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wearethewhites

Apart from the ongoing Pat Robert show, shipping out another talent in the name of Dembelle, a perfectly good target man to our Championship rivals Bristol City, and a few other pathetic bids that will just be laughed off?

I'm not being funny, and please feel free to abuse me with the usual 'The window isn't open yet' rubbish  :048: but I've not been very impressed with our approach so far.

As it stands, we'll be shipping out more talent than we aim to bring in by the start of the season, and as per usual, Fulham will be left like stunned rabbits in the car headlights.

All this rubbish about investment, when clearly, we've been told to pursue free transfers, loanee's, and put in ridiculous bids for other Clubs assets, only to be laughed at. The most recent being the Brentford defender, that'll will make or rivals wet their pants.

So, we're no further to sorting out that shoddy old defense, the 35 year old Parker has been patched up for another long season, it's been decided to take the cheaper option with Woodrow and cash in on both Roberts and Dembelle, and there is no creative midfielder or wide men are in sight.

Mince n Tatties

Just in Fabulous Breaking News.
Waitrose have knocked ÂŁ2-20p off a kg of Mature Cheddar.. :yay:

alexbishop

I do think it is early days mate so I wouldn't get too worried yet.

I think the approach has to be:

1) Resolve existing contract situations. Whether that is new contracts or letting people leave the club if contract has expired.
2) Negotiate new deals with existing squad members that club wish to retain (e.g. Cauley)
3) At the same time as above I expect the club are approaching targets and negotiating transfers - we may have a few in the pipeline that will be tied up shortly who knows - 2/3 could come along at once.

I am not concerned that business hasn't been done yet but I am concerned that:

- I would expect the club to have made more progress with getting existing players on new deals (as this should have been happening over course of season). Those who aren't yet, I expect will be off.
- other competing clubs are starting to tie up deals early and there is movement in the market which we don't seem to be a part of at the moment.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

ToodlesMcToot

Just curious why you take all this reporting as gospel. It's all easy to accept, I know, because it fits into this "mismanagement" narrative that's been the norm for so many seasons now.

We are in a tough spot right now, no doubt. We have had too many youth players come good at the same time, at a time where we've been relegated, then had to fight relegation again, and now to try pushing for promotion. None of those scenarios supports a club or manager trying to find playing time for so many youngsters. Kit and the club will eventually have to pick their poison with which players to keep, which to give playing time, and which to give more time to mature.

The only way I can maintain some sense of sanity with this club over the summer is to realize that, yet again, I've decided to give them this transfer window to demonstrate the intent that they have spoken about and that only at the end of the transfer window will the truth of their intent begin to show itself.

No point getting worked up either direction over a signing or a sale. And definitely no reason getting worked up over traditionally shoddy reporting.

Just a thought here: Reporters add figures to crap reporting because it makes the crap seem more legitimate. The vast majority of the time, the reporting is still crap though.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

grandad

Not rubbish but a statement of what has happened.

No Roberts transfer as yet.
No Dembele transfer as  yet.
No Smith transfer as  yet.
No Richards transfer  yet.
No Ruiz transfer as  yet.
No Mitroglou transfer as  yet.
Nothing as  yet.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Wearethewhites

Quote from: grandad on June 18, 2015, 04:24:08 PM

No Dembele transfer as  yet.
No Smith transfer as  yet.
No Richards transfer  yet.
No Ruiz transfer as  yet.
No Mitroglou transfer as  yet.
Nothing as  yet.

So we've done absolutely nothing yet. Considering the season just gone, and Kits bull about starting early, I'd be expecting us to be making our mark by now. Looking at that list, I'd harbour a bet that more of those would leave, before others come in, and that shouldn't be the case.

However you look at it, both QPR and Brentford have signed players, not just any players, but decent acquisitions for this division, and we haven't.

Peabody

I won't say it, but I am definitely thinking it.

McBride78

How many players did we release?  Quite a few.  Couple that with the loanees returned and i would say a pretty substantial overhaul is underway.  So if we granted you the power to control the purse strings, whay pray tell would you do differently to this point?  Mitro, Ruiz, Stek, Amore are still on the books, and we have not lost Roberts.  We did extend Woodrow, who most of us like.  The chicken little syndrome grows tiresome, as if running a multi-million dollar enterprise against other multi-million dollar interprises competing for the same assets is easy and can be done with the snap of a finger.  Knee jerk garbage signings in the transfer market are part of what placed us where we are.  There is an emphasis on youth now, which helps build a sustainable business model.  Football is a business, and while we are all eager for action I think I will wait until the sky actually falls and the dust settles before I grade the management on the summer activity.  Like giving F's out a month before the assignment is due.

Wimbledon_White

Anyone else really bored with the constant moaning, negativity and pessimism that pervades some of our 'fans'?

Peabody

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on June 18, 2015, 05:53:28 PM
Anyone else really bored with the constant moaning, negativity and pessimism that pervades some of our 'fans'?

Then don't read the post, that's the beauty of choice on this forum. Some may see it as moaning, others an opinion, and this is my opinion.

Like Peabody, you're becoming as boring, if not worse than the moaners, because you constantly moan about them, and never let up.

Try posting a few feminist jokes or something Wimbledone_White, because Peabody certainly seems to pull it off.   

Peabody

Quote from: Wearethewhites on June 18, 2015, 06:04:04 PM

Then don't read the post, that's the beauty of choice on this forum. Some may see it as moaning, others an opinion, and this is my opinion.

Like Peabody, you're becoming as boring, if not worse than the moaners, because you constantly moan about them, and never let up.

Right, I will say it then, if you are so impressed by other clubs actions, then go and support them. There your favourite ' old woman' has spoken but then you only think that your opinion counts don't you?

Try posting a few feminist jokes or something Wimbledone_White, because Peabody certainly seems to pull it off.   

McBride78

To the original question, in other rubbish circulating, our captain is the highest paid player by over 20K per week in the championship (according to one source).  Or to translate to chicken little brigade language - our 35 year old aging midfielder with one good leg is on 70K a week?

Buffalo76

Can you blame them? After the car crash of the last couple of years its hardly surprising some people are feeling fed up with the state of our club. I know I am.

Nero

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 18, 2015, 04:02:47 PM

damn just rushed down to waitrose but a supporter of another club  jump in front of me and and offered to pay full price for the cheese lost out on another deal

f321ffc

Quote from: Nero on June 18, 2015, 07:49:19 PM
[/quote

damn just rushed down to waitrose but a supporter of another club  jump in front of me and and offered to pay full price for the cheese lost out on another deal
Maybe they have an injury crisis at his club, and have heard about the healing properties of cheese. fp.gif 049:gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Nero on June 18, 2015, 07:49:19 PM

lol...

filham

Nothing as  yet.

No pacey left sided midfielder, left back, playmaker or centre back signed yet.
Captain recovering from ankle operation and Tunnicliffe banned for 1st two matches.

Under these circumstances is it worth going on the imminent team bonding trip to Portugal.

Wimbledon_White

Quote from: filham on June 18, 2015, 09:11:31 PM

Nothing as  yet.

Captain recovering from ankle operation and Tunnicliffe banned for 1st two matches.

Under these circumstances is it worth going on the imminent team bonding trip to Portugal.

Is it worth even bothering to enter the Championship next season. I reckon we fold the club.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on June 18, 2015, 09:58:37 PM
Quote from: filham on June 18, 2015, 09:11:31 PM

Nothing as  yet.

Is it worth even bothering to enter the Championship next season. I reckon we fold the club.

At this rate, I think we should, won't be able to compete by the time we kick off. Oh look, Derby add a 4th player of quality, and an absolute steal @ 2.75 million..