Main Menu

Fulham Captain highest paid player in Championship

Started by McBride78, June 18, 2015, 05:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexbishop

Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Lighthouse

75 Grand? Blimey, it is a good job his ankle works now. Silly money for a player in a failing team. Hope players do not expect Fulham to dish up those sort of wages now.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

MJG

He's not on that,  it's from the daily mail and I'd expect him to be a max of 45 even with a relegation clause in place.

McBride78

So for a foreigner, daily mail is not a good source to use for news? (actual question, not being a smart ass)

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: McBride78 on June 18, 2015, 06:12:23 PM
So for a foreigner, daily mail is not a good source to use for news? (actual question, not being a smart ass)

It is quoted a lot over here particularly on Conservative and Christian radio programs, where it is often the UK paper of choice and therefore 'true'
Sandy Rios from AFR radio is always quoting the Daily Mail as if it's gospel. it's her UK bible.
She once famously said:
"My husband and I landed late into London one day. Fortunately the Hotel Manager agreed to arrange  a meal (can't have been the Dorchester, Savoy or Grosvenor House)
It wasn't very good but then you have to go a long way in England to get a decent meal"  GRRRR

It's crap like virtually every paper, but that of course depends on political leanings
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

dgnffc

The Daily Mail was the one that broke the exclusive of the infamous 'Hitler Diaries'. Enough said!

FFC1987

I'd say the fact Adrian Durham writes a column should speak volumes.

MJG

The thing about the Mail online is that its a well run news/web gathering machine and a lot of its posts are just nicked from any other source. Has little to do with the actual newspaper which is a sorry excuse for a 'news'paper if you could even call it that.

Twig

It is a sensationalist, right wing rag.

Tonywa

Quote from: Twig on June 19, 2015, 10:34:53 AM

And for those of you who know British political history the propagators of the fake 'Zinofiev letter' the publication of which was a major factor in turning the result of the 1926(?) General Election from a Labour victory to a narrow Tory win.  It's a dreadful; rag and `I wouldn't even use it as toilet paper.

Twig

:plus one:
Quote from: Tonywa on June 19, 2015, 04:06:30 PM
Quote from: Twig on June 19, 2015, 10:34:53 AM

And for those of you who know British political history the propagators of the fake 'Zinofiev letter' the publication of which was a major factor in turning the result of the 1926(?) General Election from a Labour victory to a narrow Tory win.  It's a dreadful; rag and `I wouldn't even use it as toilet paper.

:plus one:

mikestrand

Parkers, Ruiz, and Hugo's combined yearly wage must be 10- 15 million, I suppose thats where the parachute payments go and the reason we had to get rid of all of our other premier players.

Fulham 442

Absolutely agree - rubbish paper but even worse a scaremongering one.  I didn't realise Adrian Durham wrote a column for them too.  That puts the Mail even further down in my estimation!!!

filham

A probable case of a newspaper report based on wild gossip.

Of course until someone denies it and gives a figure based on fact a lot of us will believe it because we have nothing better to go on.

Perhaps all players wages should be made public to stop speculative journalists making wild guesses and for fans to make better judgements on management.

dannyboi-ffc

I doubt he is on that much but its hardly surprising that he is top of the championship wage bill. He is also the biggest name in the championship and I include the likes of Ruiz when saying that. He also came from spurs so his wages were always going to be quite high.

At his age not deserved wages to be that high but we gave him a contract so its the clubs fault. Parker will be a good squad player next season but clearly his wages wont reflect that.

For the record I am a big Parker fan but I am an even bigger fan of the club and he declined so much towards the end. The future  cant revolve around a captain who cant play twice a week
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

St. Andrews White

I agree ; as great as he is in persuading people to join and as a leader, he can't play 90 minutes once a week without looking dead on his feet.
He will be on outrageous wages and I would be happy to get rid and bring in a decent CDM in his prime.

The other argument I suppose is that he may well make a great coach, and if we keep him he'll probably stay with us.
The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

Patrick

Quote from: dgnffc on June 19, 2015, 08:32:55 AM
The Daily Mail was the one that broke the exclusive of the infamous 'Hitler Diaries'. Enough said!

Also....do not read it if you have even slight hyprochondriacial tendencies...