watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team for next season

Started by intertoto2002fulham, June 19, 2015, 02:38:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

intertoto2002fulham

Assuming we're trying to raise funds by selling Ruiz, Stek, Nando and Mitro.

Will sell and loan back Roberts.

Sign Jazz and a new CB. Maybe go back for Turner and Guthrie.

Team for next season:

Bettinelli
Grimmer, New CB, Burn, Jazz
Roberts, Parker, Christensen, Pringle
Smith, McCormack

2nd 11:

Lonergan
Voser, Hutchinson, Bodorov, Kavanagh
Williams, Tunnicliffe, Hyndman, Kaca
Woodrow, Dembele

Taggart comes in if Dembele goes.

Black, White and Fred

I will take the below please and thank you:

Bettinelli
      Jazz, Dunk, Burn, Husband
Kaca, Mulumbu, Christensen, Pringle
            McCormack,
                  Smith

'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

St. Andrews White

Much rather a new CDM for Parker, a better LB, and bring Kaka in for Roberts. He might have potential, but he's not good enough yet, and I think Kaka would be brilliant with a decent run in the team.
The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

intertoto2002fulham

I think Mulumbu will sign for Norwich shortly. I agree we need a midfield destroyer to partner christensen. Can't see this not being Parker with a year to go on his contract. With Hyndman and Tunnicliffe as backup.

Husband would be great but will be down to whether Boro hold onto Friend.

I think an experienced centre back is the priority. I'd happily take Turner back. Dunk looks set for Newcastle.

Bettinelli
Jazz, New CB, Burn, New LB
Kaca, Parker, Christensen, Pringle
McCormack, Smith

Ordar

We should try and go for something like:

----------Betinelli--------
Richards--Dunk--Burn--Husband
Sako-----LVC----Hyndman--Pringle
-------------------McCormack-------
---------Rhodes---------------------

Yes Sako and Rhodes would be expensive, but if you cant get promoted with that team....

McBride78

___________Bet____________
TBD____Burn____TBD_____TBD
TBD___LVC__Parker___Pringle
___McCormack__Woodrow____

Bench
Roberts, Hyndman, Smith, Kaca, Hutch, Bodorov, Dembele, Lonergan, TBD Mid, Kavanagh, Grimmer

JackyFulham90

If we got this side out I genuinely think we could challenge the top 6.

Bettenelli
Lowton Dunk Burn Husband
Cairney Christensen Parker Pringle
                  McCormack
                 Hooper

Subs - Lonergan, Hutchinson, Hyndman,  G Williams, Roberts, Woodrow, Smith

PeterFFC

-------------------Bettinelli-------------------------
Richards---Dunk--------Turner-----Husband
------------------Mulumbu------------------------
Kaca---------------LVC-------------------Pringle
-----------------McCormack----------------------
---------------------Smith-------------------------

I'd take that. Feel that Burn is not as good as most think. That midfield 3 could rotate and would probably be able to get 9th.

General

Quote from: Ordar on June 19, 2015, 03:09:23 PM
We should try and go for something like:

----------Betinelli--------
Richards--Dunk--Burn--Husband
Sako-----LVC----Hyndman--Pringle
-------------------McCormack-------
---------Rhodes---------------------

Yes Sako and Rhodes would be expensive, but if you cant get promoted with that team....

This - although McCormack and Rhodes seems a bit spoilt. I'd like to see Dembele and Woodrow given time and space to grow in the role and also think their potential is far greater as a partnership and for the clubs future.

FPT

Well, Marcus Bettinelli should be our number one this season, though it'll be great to see a bit of friendly competition between Andy Lonergan and he.

It'd surprise me if we don't sign Ashley Richards, other teams are rumoured to be interested but the fact he knows the manager and has been with the squad from January so settlement could be a factor so knows the area and his team mates. Like Bettinelli and Lonergan, he and Grimmer fighting for the right back position would be great, when was the last time we had a good contest for one position.

I think Dan Burn is our best centre back when it comes purely to defending. He obviously lacks athleticism with his physique, but he should be someone we build our defence around. I don't think any of our other centre backs (Bodurov, Hutchinson or Amorebieta) starts in a top six defence, but the rumours are promising, either Lewis Dunk or Tom Lees would be great signings for us. I'd edge towards Tom Lees for the experience factor and I think he'd be a better partner for Dan Burn. James Husband too would be great, how possible that deal is I don't know. Jordan Obita could be a decent other option on the list, but would be a lot more pricy I think.

I'd like to see a right sided midfielder come in, depending on how we plan to use Ben Pringle. If he's planned to be used down his familiar left, then I think we should look at letting Alex Kacaniklic go, he's into the last year of his contract and should be doing a lot better. He should have affected us more when he came back from Copenhagen but didn't. If we can get a few million for him then happy days. I do think there's a gap down the right to be filled, and it's not for Patrick Roberts yet. David Cotterill is a name that always pops up and one that I'd approve of, in signing two players we'd go from nothing out wide to two of the best deliveries in the division. I also quite like the idea of a central midfielder being used out wide as an 'inverted' winger, where he can Christensen can interchange with a weird form of over lapping and cross movement - full backs wouldn't know what to do. Tom Cairney has been a name bounded about, someone like Tom Carroll would be ideal for this, drifting inwards and threading balls in between the full back and centre back for the 'overlapping' Christensen.

In central midfield, I'm building a 442 here, Christensen is the first name on the team sheet, but next to him I would love to see a powerful defensive focused midfielder to back him. Yousouff Mulumbu would be ideal, he's comfortable on the ball, a leader in the middle and can also burst forward. Two box-to-box midfielders with Mulumbu having the shackles somewhat down is a top six central midfield partnership. This way, we don't have to worry about replacing Scott Parker either; whilst I'm there, Parker would never start a game for me, just a 20 minute man.

Up top, it's Ross McCormack with another (as I'm sure we'll all agree), but the agreement number dips as to who. We've lost Hugo Rodallega, who was a big part in a number of goals, though some would disagree, and I don't personally want to see Matt Smith be plan A. Daryl Murphy has been linked a few times, though I'm not sure how true it is. Murphy would be an excellent partner for Ross McCormack, he can lead the line, he's got good pace and power, he's clearly at his peak and can score with his head and either foot. The danger in the wide areas that I've theoretically built creates the best playing environment also for both McCormack and Murphy, as the pitch becomes stretched so McCormack has more room to play in as he pulls off and Murphy would have plenty of deliveries to feed on.

If you couldn't be bothered to read that (and I don't blame you):

------------------Bettinelli-------------
Richards------Lees-----Burn----Husband
Cotterill-----LVC-----Mulumbu----Pringle
------------Murphy---McCormack--------

Lonergan, Grimmer, Hutchinson, Roberts, Parker, Smith, Woodrow.

This is with us selling Maarten Stekelenburg, Nikolay Bodurov, Fernando Amorebieta, Alex Kacaniklic, Bryan Ruiz and Kostas Mitroglou. The team above costs (estimating) £12m in new signings, with Yousouff Mulumbu being given a nice lump of cash to convince him to join us over Premier League Norwich, and bringing in £9.5m for the players listed to be sold, so a total expenditure of £2.5m with a vastly lower wage bill...

Though this is all theoretical, of course.

Riversider

Some of those sides above look fantastic BUT regardless of who we sign I can almost guarantee that simple Symons will play both Parker and Kavanagh first game of the season,
Personally I wouldnt let either of them anywhere near a Fulham shirt,
Don't want to wish my life away, but this time next year the Club would have announced the departure of Scott Parker and the ending of one of the most horrific contracts ever awarded to an individual in the history of Fulham Football Club, and you know what, I cant wait .

Bronaldinho

Would love:

Bettinelli
Richards       Burn      Turner    Husband

Mulumbu
           LVC                  Hyndman
                    Fabbrini
          Ross Mc         Taggart/Smith
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Jonaldiniho 88

We are making teams that won't happen? Is that the brief? Roberts won't be here, dunk has signed for someone else no?
    For those who have and haven't already posted what would be your team of actual players. To see these lineups and see three unsigned players is this fantasy or is it tounge in cheek? I genuinely don't understand how unsigned, hottley contested players can play in our starting 11 seeing as we won't get one if all of them.

PaulJ123

Why do people think we're getting Mulumbu when he's going to Norwich?

Anyway my team is:
Bettinelli

Richards Burn Tarkowski Husband
Roberts ( 079.gif ) LVC Hyndman Pringle
Rhodes Mccormack

EJL

I fear Rhodes would take up too much of our budget, even if every player the club is looking to sell moves on. Anyway, this is how I think we'll line up on the opening day of the season:

Bettinelli
Richards - Hutchinson - Burn - New LB/Kavanagh
New RM - Christensen - Parker - Pringle
McCormack
Smith

I like to call this formation 'the Batman'.

Black, White and Fred

This is who we would like team, not who we are going to get
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

Classic94

-----------------------Bettinelli

Richards---------Burn---------Dunk--------Husband

----------------------Diagouraga

LVC-------------------Cairney-----------------Pringle

------------McCormack------Woodrow

- Last chance saloon for Kaca.
- We can't rely on Parker anymore.
- Woodrow should start more games.
- Williams, Dembele, Roberts (?) must feature more.
- Kavanagh, Hutchinson and Tunnicliffe are not good enough to start.

Forever Fulham

We seem a long way from fielding a winning combination of players.   If I were a decent prospect, I wouldn't get overly thrilled at the idea of playing under Kit Symons and alongside most of this lot.  Win some games, sure.  Win enough games for promotion?  No way.  We're in a pickle.

Baszab

moan moan moan - signed some players - KS has a list of about 15 targets - should get some of them - moan moan - most of them are rubbish  - no Messi - moan moan - and so it goes on - transfer window not even open yet - moan moan

Burgf001

Am I really the only one that rates Bodurov? And don't rate Burn?