watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How does the Jol saga reflect on The Raincoat

Started by Lighthouse, July 21, 2010, 04:09:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

When Mackintosh came from City we were generally under the impression that he was a good bloke who can do his job. He no doubt has to work under all sorts of constraints that we know nothing about. However with the 21 days since Roy left and the two weeks PRECEDING that it was common press knowledge he was leaving. How much damage has Mackintosh done to his own standing if any with this overly complicated procedure.

The rather public squabble between Ajax and us can do us as a club no good. With the prospect of this dragging on for a lot longer if Jol stays at Ajax. Is it worth pointing fingers or will we think he is a great bloke if Jol and Ajax eventually relent?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RidgeRider

Your first two sentences make the most sense to me. He must be competent enough to get Citeh and Fulham to hire him so my guess is he is perceived as being pretty good at what he does. We have no idea how much MAF is pulling the strings on this deal. Does he meddle? Is it MAF decision who the manager is or is it Alistair's? Did MAF hold things up while Hodgson was being courted because he didn't believe Roy would leave, thus the club behind the proverbial 8-ball to get a new manager? Once Roy was gone, did they decide to be thorough in their manager search thus not making any snap decisions?   and finally is Ajax really going to let Jol go without a fight?

We just don't know enough to lay the blame on Mr. Mackintosh me thinks.

AlFayedsChequebook

The idea that Fulham knew that Hodgson would definitely be off 2 weeks before he left is absolute tosh.

Lpool were in contact with Deschamps and others during this time. I am pretty sure that Hodgson was asked and decided probably in the space of a few days.

As for not being prepared, I would err on the side of caution. Ridgerider is right, we just do not know enough to say definitively what happened. What I would say is that I am sure Mackintosh is good at what he does because he was hired by MAF, a man who knows how to run a business and hire people like Mackintosh.

Fernhurst

No company can start recruiting until a resignation lands on their desk........phone calls or correspondence to possible candidates prior to resignation could be disastrous.

Fulham - have done it by the book. Like Liverpool they have gone through a process indentifying the best candidate matching their skill set list.

Its possible Sven may have been one of the front runners and built some delay into proceedings but now we have settled on our choice, the business of exrication from his present position is in progress.

Can't see our CEO has done anything wrong and if he pulls off this deal may in fact be expecting a bonus.

It would be normal in the business world however if this deal collapses his standing would be somewhat diminished

GoldCoastWhite

I might have to go back to the offal. You lot are far too reasonable and rational. Where's the fun in that ???  :doh:

Rupert

Quote from: GoldCoastWhite on July 21, 2010, 04:58:33 PM
I might have to go back to the offal. You lot are far too reasonable and rational. Where's the fun in that ???  :doh:

The fun will begin if we DON'T land Jol.

Have to admit, I really thought the new boss, whoever it turns out to be, would have been in place by now, and we are in a strange position. Get Jol and all is good, he stays at Ajax and we are in the mire (unless this all turns out to be a complicated smokescreen and A N Other top manager is on his way).
Still, it is a step up from what we are used to.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

TonyGilroy

It's tough.

It can't be easy to prise a top manager from a top club. No guarantee of success but the alternative was to set our sights lower.

I don't feel like criticising but failure to get Jol is going to leave us desperate.

Fernhurst

Quote from: TonyGilroy on July 21, 2010, 06:26:38 PM

It's tough.

It can't be easy to prise a top manager from a top club. No guarantee of success but the alternative was to set our sights lower.

I don't feel like criticising but failure to get Jol is going to leave us desperate.

:002: :002: Oh Tony ..... hands over ears .... la la la la de da la.....

been trying all day not to contemplate that scenario ..... wer'e going to be pretty pushed for season start up even if he signs tomorrow!! ----- and if we have to start all over again..... :013: aghhhhhh

Lighthouse

If you are a CEO and a month before you read in several national papers that your manager is favourite to take a job. I do think it is a good idea to at least lay the foundations for looking for a replacement. It is what most CEOs would do. Mr Mackintosh could well have done that. I honestly don't believe he would have sat back and said it is not going to happen. The thought that you can't do anything until the resignation lands on your desk isn't true. You can't interview people but there are ways of setting the system ready for the possibility.

Which I am sure He would have done.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope