more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Football transfers - particularly us

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, June 22, 2015, 03:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Trying to think how to put this as we're not in the PS at the moment

I was thinking about the fees offered and paid for players and how out of synch the whole scenario is.
Rumours of this amount and that amount being offered and upped.
Offers for Roberts, Dembele  etc

Now that we are in the Championship and these sorts of deals are floating around, we are having to budget more stringently due to various constraints.
It all has to be so tightly controlled.
eg: Dembele - Rumour says Genoa have offered 350,000 and Everton sniffing around at 3/4M

We supposedly paid in the region of 25-M for Ruiz, Mitro, Amour and Stek.
We may be lucky to get 10M for them if they all go.

Take just one of the Ruiz or Mitro deals.
The 10M paid for each will buy our 'new team' this year

Differentials in amounts of money either buying or selling players can make everything else insignificant by comparison.

So, a 10M purchase of Mitro  and underselling Roberts or Dembele is HUGE in this league.

I hope I made sense.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Andy S

You make sence but what does it matter what we pay for a player?

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Andy S on June 22, 2015, 06:29:26 PM
You make sence but what does it matter what we pay for a player?

I guess I'm saying that one bad multi-million deal can eradicate all of the other buying and selling we do, particularly if it's a crap singing.  (why do my fingers always type and spell singing as singing)

I also have trouble saying the letter C as in Boventry ...........................................

filham

Think of our four big,big money signings :- Marlet, AJ, Mitroglou and McCormac. Of these  onlly McCormac looks worthwhile, Marlet and Mitroglou were absolute disasters and poor old AJ rarely fully fit.

Not sure we should consider any more big money deals.

westcliff white

We apparently (according to rumours) never paid 10 million + for Mitro, was all based on installments and how many games he played etc (guess due to his injury)
Every day is a Fulham day

filham

Quote from: westcliff white on June 24, 2015, 01:18:12 PM
We apparently (according to rumours) never paid 10 million + for Mitro, was all based on installments and how many games he played etc (guess due to his injury)

Whatever we paid for him was a waste of time and money, difficult to think of a bigger transfer  disaster in our history.

gang

Frank Large always comes to mind when waste of money is mentioned.

F(f)CUK

According to my Greek mate, he says that so far Fulham has only paid £1.5m for Mitroglou. Puts the £12m quoted into context also.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: F(f)CUK on June 24, 2015, 06:07:52 PM
According to my Greek mate, he says that so far Fulham has only paid £1.5m for Mitroglou. Puts the £12m quoted into context also.

I guess not too much in wages either as he's been loaned out for some of his time here.
Holy s*** sell him for 3/4M and we could make a profit.
Now that's what I call a business transaction
Probably been pre-meditated all along.