Mattila
de la Torre,
Christensen
Williams
Woodrow

Subs: Norman, Sheckleford, Kait, Pino Soler, Elworthy

3-3 the final score...

mike_corkcity12

Pembridge obviously rated by the club. Shifted back down to working with the Academy - http://www.fulhamfc.com/the-teams/academy/academy-staff

In the Enclosure

Thanks for the link - the words from Mike Elias indicate that we now have 3 ex Southampton 'Youth Experts' back working together. These are the guys that identified developed, Bale, Walcott etc - Perhaps this is the much quoted sustainability path for us ?

mike_corkcity12

Larnell Cole's Shrewwsbury lost 7-1 today. He played the full 90.

mike_corkcity12

Spark Ass cup (not an adult film) is available to watch from tomorrow onwards. Reminiscing over the Dallas Cup!

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/january/06/sparkasse-cup-preview

mike_corkcity12

Jurgen Klopp says that a club's best young talents should be kept at the club instead of being shipped out on loan.

This is an interesting take and goes against conventional wisdom of getting your youngsters first team football.

MJG

Quote from: mike_corkcity12 on January 07, 2016, 11:38:25 AM
Jurgen Klopp says that a club's best young talents should be kept at the club instead of being shipped out on loan.

This is an interesting take and goes against conventional wisdom of getting your youngsters first team football.
I don't think you should loan out players u21/20 for a whole season.
If you believe in your clubs coaching ability they should be at the training ground for majority of time.

3 months max at a time and then another 3 months at the home club before going out again.

mike_corkcity12

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/14186298.Oxford_United_upbeat_over_second_deal_for_Fulham_s_Jordan_Evans/

Speaking of loans, Jordan Evans wants to be kept on by Oxford. Wonder if he will earn a new deal with Fulham?

mike_corkcity12

Quote from: MJG on January 07, 2016, 11:41:38 AM

If you believe in your clubs coaching ability they should be at the training ground for majority of time.

3 months max at a time and then another 3 months at the home club before going out again.
I think that is spot on.

FPT

Quote from: mike_corkcity12 on January 07, 2016, 11:53:54 AM
Quote from: MJG on January 07, 2016, 11:41:38 AM

I think that is spot on.

A number of years ago, I recall Arsene Wenger talking about the development about young players and although I think it was about Aaron Ramsey specifically, it's really stuck with me since. Wenger essentially discussed the idea that simply training with better players is very beneficial to young players. I believe the example with Ramsey was he had the taste of first team football at Cardiff, but Arsene Wenger took him to a place with better coaching, better facilities surrounded by better players and Ramsey blossomed despite missing a pretty vital development year at the ages of 19/20 with that broken leg.

You may not find it as interesting as I did, but hey!

------------

Extra point, I quite enjoy about some of our better individual academy product performances have come from those without a loan that youngsters apparently need. Lasse Vigen Christensen came into the team last year at 20 years old with no run of professional game and it was only that final third of the season injury that cost him a good shot at the Player of the Year award. Moussa Dembele this season too, is 19 years old, no run of games and is keeping pace with men who are the best strikers in the division. Emerson Hyndman too has never had a loan.

cmg

Disappointment for our youngsters' elimination at the Intermediate stage of the Hannover (u19) competition.

But excellent win by our u17s in the Paderborn Tournement.

Despite losing their first two group matches our boys got through to the final to beat Armenia Bielfeld 8-2
Ryan Sessegnon was leading scorer and voted Player of the Tournament.

FPT

Keep saying it, this crop of U16s is ridiculously good. Ryan Sessegnon will be the Patrick Roberts of this group - the face of the crop but by no means the be all and end all.

clarkey

The loan process often causes far more problems for a young player than any benefits. It upsets the lifestyle they have created, it takes them away from a settled peer group and often has them playing at a club where the system is different or in a position they are not at their best in.

The club they go to often does not have their best interests at heart either-it is after a short term gain.

So far better the Ajax model where a whole club plays in a certain style and the players can naturally move up through the ranks.Creates far better morale as well and reduces the overheads of scouting/paperwork/loan contracts which all cost.

MJG

Youth Cup 4th Round tonight at MP
Vs Reading
7PM kick off

mike_corkcity12

Pembridge gone apparently.

Crawley asked us to recall Donnelly apparently as he was not performing.

Knocked out of the FA Youth Cup.

All in all, disappointing.

FPT

Quote from: mike_corkcity12 on January 19, 2016, 12:33:55 PM

Kit Symons linked with the Leyton Orient job. Wouldn't surprise me to see Pembridge go there with him. And actually, Liam Donnelly and possibly Sean Kavanagh getting loans there wouldn't shock me either.

Chutney

Quote from: FPT on January 19, 2016, 01:14:26 PM
Quote from: mike_corkcity12 on January 19, 2016, 12:33:55 PM

Kit Symons linked with the Leyton Orient job. Wouldn't surprise me to see Pembridge go there with him. And actually, Liam Donnelly and possibly Sean Kavanagh getting loans there wouldn't shock me either.

Surely we could actually sell Kavanagh? Not sure Leyton Orient have much money but he'd hardly command a huge fee
C O Y W