News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anyone else still angry about the Fotherigham deal from last year?

Started by Wearethewhites, June 24, 2015, 08:14:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wearethewhites

Nothing against the lad, and thanks for the small bit of effort he did put in, but he along with Kiraly should never have been anywhere near the squad last season. 

fulhamben

im more worried about what we will do this year to be fair
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Barrett487

Quote from: Wearethewhites on June 24, 2015, 08:14:25 PM
Nothing against the lad, and thanks for the small bit of effort he did put in, but he along with Kiraly should never have been anywhere near the squad last season. 

Should 've made Danny's top 40

dannyboi-ffc

Have you ever seen the Disney sensation that is Frozen by any chance? Let it go!

We were all annoyed but onwards and upwards
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

fulhamben

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on June 24, 2015, 08:21:31 PM
Have you ever seen the Disney sensation that is Frozen by any chance? Let it go!

or downwards. cant rule that out till we are mathematically safe
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Barrett487

I'm sure his work ethic was great, but his skill level wasn't. Hopefully he made a few bob and does ok. It was a wrong move by us, hopefully the stick he got didn't get to him and that he didn't read this forum.

mike_corkcity12

Absolutely. If ever there was a sign about how the season was going to go that was it.

Despicable signing from us. Apparently it was Grant's idea.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Barrett487 on June 24, 2015, 08:26:28 PM

I'm sure his work ethic was great, but his skill level wasn't. Hopefully he made a few bob and does ok. It was a wrong move by us, hopefully the stick he got didn't get to him and that he didn't read this forum.

Like I said, nothing against the guy, hope he goes on to do well and made a few bob out of us. I just see it as pure arrogance by Magath, and whoever allowed him to pull that team apart like that and do what he did. I mean, Fotheringham, Kiraly, Chihi for Pete's sake. It's ok saying 'let it go' but it still leaves a bad tast in my mouth

Gloss White

Yes absolutely fuming!!!! - we should never have let him go. Kit should have built the team around him :022:

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Wearethewhites on June 24, 2015, 08:32:32 PM

Like I said, nothing against the guy, hope he goes on to do well and made a few bob out of us. I just see it as pure arrogance by Magath, and whoever allowed him to pull that team apart like that and do what he did. I mean, Fotheringham, Kiraly, Chihi for Pete's sake. It's ok saying 'let it go' but it still leaves a bad tast in my mouth

Totally know what you're saying. Let it go is the title of the theme song in the film so I was just playing on words. It is hard seeing the club fall to a low of having Chihi Fazlic Zverotic Kiraly etc but they are all gone now as is Magath. Despite me not being Kits biggest fan I think we can all sleep easy tonight knowing that Kit and Rigg wont make mistakes to that extreme.

Like you said Magath was arrogant
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Barrett487

I agree with Danny though, we should move on........ i'm sure Fotheringham has... he's probably moved house as well thanks to his pay-day.

Let's bury this and encourage positivity.

Artful Dodger

Quote from: Barrett487 on June 24, 2015, 08:38:53 PM

I agree with Danny though, we should move on........ i'm sure Fotheringham has... he's probably moved house as well thanks to his pay-day.

Let's bury this and encourage positivity.
I'm positively enraged still....but more by the fact someone let Magath near the club - after that the whole thing was like watching a car crash in slow motion! Anyway, feeling a little more positive this summer.......we're already 11th and level on points with those in the promotion spots according to the BBC league table.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Watch the new Touchstone movie:  "Strange Magic", it's much better than Frozen IMCP and includes a lot of old songs we all know. (Wild Thing, ELO, Love is strange, Can't help falling in Love etc)
And, if you 'indulge' in funny smokes (I don't) I'm sure you'll have a blast  :0)
Release date UK  28th August
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Jonaldiniho 88

No why would I be? He was written off before he played and didn't play more than an hour for us did he? If we are still getting worked up over him then god help us. He could have done well for us or could have been signed to help the youth as more of a coach/support role. If that is annoying you still what about the club's name changing from St. Andrews to fulham?

RaySmith

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on June 25, 2015, 12:43:11 AM
No why would I be? He was written off before he played and didn't play more than an hour for us did he? If we are still getting worked up over him then god help us. He could have done well for us or could have been signed to help the youth as more of a coach/support role. If that is annoying you still what about the club's name changing from St. Andrews to fulham?
0001.jpeg

Lighthouse

Imagine if you will a World where Fotheringham hadn't come to Fulham.

You see the world is no different and Fulham would still have been rubbish last season anyway.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Scrumpy

I was told some of the detail of Fotheringham's deal by a good source last season. If it helps you put this sorry affair behind you, he was only earning a Div1 salary while he was with us. I think it was something around £2k a week, so comparative peanuts.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

leonffc

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Scrumpy on June 25, 2015, 01:36:06 PM
I was told some of the detail of Fotheringham's deal by a good source last season. If it helps you put this sorry affair behind you, he was only earning a Div1 salary while he was with us. I think it was something around £2k a week, so comparative peanuts.
Quote from: Lighthouse on June 25, 2015, 10:26:54 AM
Imagine if you will a World where Fotheringham hadn't come to Fulham.

You see the world is no different and Fulham would still have been rubbish last season anyway.

That is an absolute ridiculous statement. Players like Fotheringham, Kiraly, Chihi and even Fazlic, should have never even been allowed near Fulham Football Club. Granted, wasn't their fault, but those 4 alone could have supported the wages of 1, maybe 2 players that could have made a difference last season.

We were part rubbish due to signing players like the above, relying on youth, and pulling a squad completely apart that never needed doing. Plus, we had an idiot of a German in charge who thought he could redesign the Championship.

Rupert

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on June 25, 2015, 12:43:11 AM

I still haven't got over leaving Eel Brook Common, just so long as we don't change the strip to white shirts and black shorts, or change the badge, then I should eventually get over it.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.