more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kevin MacDonald

Started by Fernhurst, June 26, 2015, 03:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

f321ffc

Quote from: rusty shackleford on July 07, 2015, 09:45:26 AM
I want to sign McDonald more than any other player, just because they laughed at us when the news first broke and now the old chestnut "he's shite anyway" is coming out because it looks like it might actually happen.

Just had a quick look at their forum, below a few quotes when the storey first broke

"Remember when they tried it on with Stearman a few weeks ago? He isn't going"

"5m or $$$$ off. At what he does, one of the best in the league."

"Who would leave the three time champions of England to go to $$$$ty Fulham?"

And a couple now it seems he may be coming to $$$$ty Fulham  064.gif

Of course he is replaceable. I recal for example Bryson in the home game against Derby completely dominated the game from midfield. There are plenty out there who could do as good a job for us as Kmac does. People go on and on about him being targeted. All good players are targeted. What makes them great players is that they still come out on top and dictate games. I'm not sure Kmac is in the 'great' bracket just yet

Couldn't care less if he stays or goes after thinking about it for a while. He isn't as great as he is made out to be and we have lost far, far better players than him and still moved on.

Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

SKSW6

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 07, 2015, 10:04:03 AM
Quote from: alexbishop on July 07, 2015, 10:00:20 AM
Quote from: FFC1987 on July 07, 2015, 09:50:49 AM
Quote from: SKSW6 on July 07, 2015, 09:43:15 AM
Tell you what, Fulham fans take a lot of flak (most of which is unfair and based on lazy stereotypes) but I'd like to think we're one of the more realistic and down to earth fan bases. I didn't realise there were so many deluded, bitter fan bases in the Championship. You wouldn't have thought we'd spent 13 years in the PL, been in Europe 3 times and reached a final the way some other club's fans go on about us.

As much as parts of this is true, we also have some ridiculous fans too who place far too much emphasis on us being bigger than we are. Like all sets of fans, you get your good un's and your wrong un's. I've been our fans pretty bitter when losing players to clubs too so I guess it swings both ways.

although in this case with Wolve's, I have a mate who supports them and he says hes a bit embarressed by the behaviour of many regarding comments to our club over KMac.

Absolutely - every club has them unfortunately. I imagine some on here would kick up a bit of a fuss if we let one of our better players go to another Championship club.

I'd like to think if Ross for instance wanted to go to say derby, we as fans would be annoyed with the club and owners etc for selling not the clubs in question. They've done nothing wrong but theirs so many fickle fans out there its silly tryign to comprehend them. For instance, Fulham get ridiculed for low bids on KMac and the Wolves fans say how insulting it is and that we're a step down etc etc and praise KMac for deserving more. Now all I see is a witch hunt for him after him calling us a huge club.

On a side note, just seen a fulham fan get a lot of abuse for stating we're the biggest team in championship. Not sure why it matters but its bait regardless.

Oh god, I've just seen what you're on about. I swear when I put what I just did, I did it before seeing what he wrote. I don't think we're the "biggest" club in the Championship at all. Just defending the opposing view that we're a "sh1t club". That kid on Twitter's embarrassing.

FFC1987

Quote from: SKSW6 on July 07, 2015, 10:19:58 AM
Quote from: FFC1987 on July 07, 2015, 10:04:03 AM
Quote from: alexbishop on July 07, 2015, 10:00:20 AM
Quote from: FFC1987 on July 07, 2015, 09:50:49 AM
Quote from: SKSW6 on July 07, 2015, 09:43:15 AM
Tell you what, Fulham fans take a lot of flak (most of which is unfair and based on lazy stereotypes) but I'd like to think we're one of the more realistic and down to earth fan bases. I didn't realise there were so many deluded, bitter fan bases in the Championship. You wouldn't have thought we'd spent 13 years in the PL, been in Europe 3 times and reached a final the way some other club's fans go on about us.

As much as parts of this is true, we also have some ridiculous fans too who place far too much emphasis on us being bigger than we are. Like all sets of fans, you get your good un's and your wrong un's. I've been our fans pretty bitter when losing players to clubs too so I guess it swings both ways.

although in this case with Wolve's, I have a mate who supports them and he says hes a bit embarressed by the behaviour of many regarding comments to our club over KMac.

Absolutely - every club has them unfortunately. I imagine some on here would kick up a bit of a fuss if we let one of our better players go to another Championship club.

I'd like to think if Ross for instance wanted to go to say derby, we as fans would be annoyed with the club and owners etc for selling not the clubs in question. They've done nothing wrong but theirs so many fickle fans out there its silly tryign to comprehend them. For instance, Fulham get ridiculed for low bids on KMac and the Wolves fans say how insulting it is and that we're a step down etc etc and praise KMac for deserving more. Now all I see is a witch hunt for him after him calling us a huge club.

On a side note, just seen a fulham fan get a lot of abuse for stating we're the biggest team in championship. Not sure why it matters but its bait regardless.

Oh god, I've just seen what you're on about. I swear when I put what I just did, I did it before seeing what he wrote. I don't think we're the "biggest" club in the Championship at all. Just defending the opposing view that we're a "sh1t club". That kid on Twitter's embarrassing.

Oh totally. I was just being factious again and pointing to the other extremity! But yes, seems there are a lot of bitter fans out tonday....

SKSW6

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2015/07/09/kevin-mcdonald-ill-stay-if-deal-is-right/

Kevin McDonald: I'll stay if deal is right
Kevin McDonald insists he doesn't want to leave Wolves and has vowed to sign a new contract if the deal is right.

The midfielder spoke out earlier this week suggesting his future was in the balance, amid interest from Wolves' Championship rivals Fulham.

But the 26-year-old wants his future sorted in the next couple of weeks – and sees that future at Wolves.

McDonald has 12 months remaining on his current deal.

He told the Express & Star: "Hopefully talks start soon and I'll get something sorted here and then we can relax and move on.

"My agent will be speaking to Wolves to hopefully come to some sort of agreement, put a contract on the table and if it's right then I'll sign it, 100 per cent.

"I don't want to leave or anything like that.

"There's not been loads of talks but with Fulham bidding I wanted to get my future sorted, it's as simple as that."

Head coach Kenny Jackett this week reiterated his desire to keep McDonald at Wolves, with the club having rejected two bids from Fulham.

And the Scot said he was not trying to 'rinse the club of money', after he rejected an initial Wolves contract offer.

"I just want a decent contract," he added. "I didn't want to go into the last year of my contract, I wanted to get something sorted for a bit of security.

"That will only bring the best out of me, I can play with freedom and relax knowing my contract's sorted. It's always in the back of your mind.

"I'm at a really good age now and my best years are still to come. I hope that's at this club. I've told the manager I want to be here, that's how it is.

"I just need to look after my future. First and foremost I want to be here and if we can come to an agreement I'll be delighted."

To be honest, I'm starting to wonder whether we really need him, considering he's supposedly another creative player who isn't great defensively and has pretty poor athleticism. Wolves fans have been saying he's much more effective playing further up the field in CM rather than DM, and we already have plenty of those.

fulhamben

personally think we need a dm not mcdonald. our defensive options are currently worse than last years, so lets get that sorted asap
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

FFC1987

"Tim Spiers ‏@tim_spiers_Star  17m17 minutes ago
Spoke to Kevin McDonald for the latest on his future. He's waiting for a contract offer but definitely wants to stay. http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2015/07/09/kevin-mcdonald-ill-stay-if-deal-is-right/ ..." Sounds like a no go and he was just playing us. Few twitter accounts ITK are going to look a bit foolish if true.

hovewhite

im not surprised about him staying at wolves as I didn't think it was ever close to this thread coming true.

MJG

We want him,  Wolves playing tough but was close and now seemingly playing both of us off. Typical football deal

FFC1987

Quote from: MJG on July 09, 2015, 10:17:47 AM
We want him,  Wolves playing tough but was close and now seemingly playing both of us off. Typical football deal

HillingdonFFC

Think he's covering himself after the stuff he said earlier on in the week in the event Wolves cough up. Imagine Fulham could offer far more than Wolves?, if we are serious should just go in and blow em out of the water.
If not move on, Tosver maybe? One player we should pay over the odds if need be ,imho  is Lewis Dunk

Domino 1879

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on July 09, 2015, 10:48:37 AM
Think he's covering himself after the stuff he said earlier on in the week in the event Wolves cough up. Imagine Fulham could offer far more than Wolves?, if we are serious should just go in and blow em out of the water.
If not move on, Tosver maybe? One player we should pay over the odds if need be ,imho  is Lewis Dunk

Agree with you.  Our leaky defense is number one priority.

FFC1987

I honestly think, he played us to get more money from Wolves where he wanted to stay but on good money.

mike_corkcity12

So McDonald played us. If a Championship player can do it, I'd assume it is even worse when we were in the premier league.

Wonder how much time Rigg and Mack have wasted in trying to do this deal? Hopefully other targets haven't gotten away.

Lighthouse

We do read into statements what we want to. He isn't playing anybody. He stated that Fulham were a huge club and compared to Wolves we are, only because we have been in the Prem for the last 13 years. Other than that we are small potatoes. He says if he is given a good offer he will stay at Wolves.

It is called covering your own back. If people want to read into it more than that then that isn't his fault.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FFC1987

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 09, 2015, 12:24:54 PM
We do read into statements what we want to. He isn't playing anybody. He stated that Fulham were a huge club and compared to Wolves we are, only because we have been in the Prem for the last 13 years. Other than that we are small potatoes. He says if he is given a good offer he will stay at Wolves.

It is called covering your own back. If people want to read into it more than that then that isn't his fault.

Going public is and I'd argue it's a naive thing to neglect that. He knew what he was doing when he used our name in conjunction to club size. Its to get a wedge from Wolves. I don't blame him for that, he's after more money and thats his tact. I don't think he should of gone public and used our club name though. Thats my two pence.

Lighthouse

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 09, 2015, 12:28:59 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on July 09, 2015, 12:24:54 PM

Going public is and I'd argue it's a naive thing to neglect that. He knew what he was doing when he used our name in conjunction to club size. Its to get a wedge from Wolves. I don't blame him for that, he's after more money and thats his tact. I don't think he should of gone public and used our club name though. Thats my two pence.

Fair enough. With social media and everything I guess it is harder to keep quiet then it used to be. Especially when he can make a statement and we can all read want we want into it. But yes having made one statement he is having to cover all bases.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope