watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kevin MacDonald

Started by Fernhurst, June 26, 2015, 03:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fernhurst

According to SSN this afternoon Fulham have submitted a bid of 1 million pounds.

Probably the most impressive player I witnessed at The Cottage last season.
Strong, athletic and what a passer of the football.

An absolute steal at 1 mill.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Ordar

That would be a good signing. Price is low. Is he out of contract next year?

PeterFFC

Would be a good signing but with Parker, LVC, Hyndman, Cairney possibly O'Hara and McDonald who would be benched out of all of them?

ToodlesMcToot

I'm all for promoting our youth but, not solely for the sake of promoting them. Get the competition in to ensure that we have a team that can compete for Top 6 at the very least. If that means stiff competition for our youth, then so be it. It will be that way for their entire careers. If it's obvious that they cannot break thru, then loan them out. The club, if promotion is the aim this season, cannot sacrifice the it's needs for that of our youth players.

If we get McDonald, it's doubtful we'd be signing O'hara, Barton, some other CM afterward.

These are nice signings and rumors though. Enjoying my first transfer window since the Dems left, really.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Craven Mad

Quote from: PeterFFC on June 26, 2015, 04:14:16 PM
Would be a good signing but with Parker, LVC, Hyndman, Cairney possibly O'Hara and McDonald who would be benched out of all of them?

Don't forget Tunni, too. We've already got plenty of CMs, particularly if the rumoured O'Hara transfer goes through.

Maybe Kit thinks Scott is done for, that LVC should be played wider and plans on loaning out Hyndman? Or maybe Kit just thinks we need 7 CMs and no fullbacks...

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Craven Mad on June 26, 2015, 04:28:57 PM
Quote from: PeterFFC on June 26, 2015, 04:14:16 PM

Don't forget Tunni, too. We've already got plenty of CMs, particularly if the rumoured O'Hara transfer goes through.

Maybe Kit thinks Scott is done for, that LVC should be played wider and plans on loaning out Hyndman? Or maybe Kit just thinks we need 7 CMs and no fullbacks...

Parker is losing it.  I don't think Tunnicliffe will be good enough, or at least won't be what we want from one of our midfielders.  LVC and Hyndman should (between them) start all of our games, be it one or both at the same time.  Cairney will likely be a starter.

If we play three in the middle with two of LVC, Hyndman and Cairney starting with a covering player behind them/holding we can then have Pringle and A Another wide with Ross up top.  I'd be happy with that.

Also, don't forget the benefit of competition.  The younger players especially should want to have to prove themselves.

Lighthouse

I think Tunnicliffe is not in any future plans. LVC is actually not that great as a central midfielder but has pace and looks better wide going forward. . Parker maybe not a 90 minute man anymore. We always said the midfield was a problem. Now at last we are bringing in players who can play there and hopefully do a job.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

dannyboi-ffc

I think he would be a very good signing. We've got to be happy with the players we are signing/ rumoured with. Still a long way to go and a lot of signings to be made but its been an encouraging start.

And I think limiting our options to pave a path for the likes of Hyndman will be a mistake, if they are good enough then they will make their way into the team anyway. We dont want what happened with LVC last season, no one good enough to rotate him with so he ended up missing the second half of the season quite clearly burning out and injuries caught up with him. Quality over quantity but if we can get both then were laughing

Coyw!
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Fernhurst

Deeping_white

While we're there can we buy Sako too or is that greedy??

Fernhurst

Sako will be a free agent on July 1st and his manager is convinced he will be playin in The Premier League next season

Ordar

Sako would be amazing. We have to go for him

Craven Mad

Surely one of the promoted teams will go for Sako?

We were in for him when we were in the prem. Two years later, after a great season, heaps of goals, and universal praise, there'll be plenty of interest for him from the mid-table down.

Still, if Rigg could sell him a dream of promotion with us, I'd take him in a heartbeat.

FPT

This would be fantastic. I've not seen it on Sky Sports, I presumed it would feature in the Transfer Centre part of the website but I suppose with the Championship they're not that bothered! I'll have a gander as the evening goes on.

Kevin McDonald would be the lynchpin of our midfield, a presence in front of our back four but with the technical ability to build from the back. Another that's a great age to develop further but a tonne of experience behind him also. I'd be stunned if they accepted £1m, but we'll wait and see how that one develops.

Another promising rumours, and another signal that the football club is in the right hands.

Bakary Sako will be playing in the Premier League next season, Leicester linked as have Newcastle and Aston Villa I believe.

Wearethewhites

Madness, we won't get him for 1 million quid. Wolves will laugh that off like Brighton did with Dunk. Why would a promotion pushing team want to sell one of their better assets for peanuts??

MJG

Don't believe what you read about the amount.

westcliff white

you in the know again MJG
Every day is a Fulham day

Wearethewhites

Quote from: MJG on June 26, 2015, 08:30:10 PM
Don't believe what you read about the amount.

Worries me the amount of midfielders we're buying/have got. I know we were crying out for them, and more so one that can hold the ball, bring a bit a physicality to the centre, but it looks like Kit doesn't fancy Tunnicliffe? I assume McDonald would be an upgrade on his position, possibly Parker?

MJG

That's exactly what Macdonald is and we need. I'll be happy when/if this gets done.
Defenders are on the radar, so no need to worry about that either.