more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kevin MacDonald

Started by Fernhurst, June 26, 2015, 03:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

God The Mechanic

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on June 27, 2015, 06:07:43 PM
Wolves fans cant stop laughing. They think our offer is the biggest p*ss take going

He's a 26 year old Championship player who has spent most of his career in League One.  Not sure how much they expect to get for a player like that?  The average Championship turnover is only around £20million - with some as low as £8million.

bigalffc

Hope this comes off, it could be the Danny Murphy replacement we've been waiting for COYW
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

YoungsBitter

We seem to focus on acquiring clubs' former players of the year so he fits the bill. MJG's comments about his career are interesting when you look through it, he struggled at Burnley and they let him go, hopefully because he was too young rather than discipline issues. The rest is all League 1 other than Wolves last year so as much as it may be more than £1M it will not be the same range as O'Hara. I also agree the missing piece of the puzzle and at 26 perfect age. Would be stoked if we got him and agree thats it for midfield with someone, Tunnicliffe? leaving. We have enough width with George Williams and Larnell Cole returning from injury and Kaca still around, so far. Lets solve the CB and LB problems and ship out Mitrogluo and all happy campers!
Quark, strangeness and charm

Jonnoj

Re the midfield, Williams, Cole, kaka and Pringle are all left wingers/wide men - even Cairney is left footed so we do need some right sided wide players. The guy from Swindon is the only one I've seen rumoured.

Craven Mad

Quote from: Jonnoj on June 28, 2015, 10:43:47 AM
Re the midfield, Williams, Cole, kaka and Pringle are all left wingers/wide men - even Cairney is left footed so we do need some right sided wide players. The guy from Swindon is the only one I've seen rumoured.

I think Cole is right sided. But I take your point.

I noticed this the other day. My only thought is that kit may be planning a 4-2-3-1 (with an LAM, CAM, RAM) or a 4-2-2-2 (with an LAM & RAM) - Pringle would be an LAM, Cairney a CAM and LVC an RAM.

Basically, we may not be using typical wide players, but instead utilising creative links to connect attack and midfield. I'm not convinced Kit favours traditional wide players..

mouse

If true,nice one...COYW

f321ffc

Strong rumours that  Wolves  have signed midfielder Connor Coady from Huddersfield, might mean nothing but could be their replacement for Kevin Macdonald. Go get him FULHAM 049:gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Bronaldinho

In all honesty, don't know much about him.

But if it is another central midfielder, looks like the diamond is here to stay.

Not all bad news, with a younger set of options they should have the fitness and mobility to work it effectively.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

rweller86

Quote from: mike_corkcity12 on July 03, 2015, 09:43:51 AM
He is not coming it seems - http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2015/07/03/kenny-jackett-conor-coady-interest-but-mcdonald-stays/
It's their take on his words. Kenny Jackett says he's not a player they want to lose - to me, that says if the price is right, they'll have to accept. Only one year left on his contract.
@rweller

MJG

Closer than you think ;-)

rweller86

Quote from: MJG on July 03, 2015, 10:58:02 AM
What have you heard/seen? You are usually spot on...
@rweller

FFCJack

Quote from: MJG on July 03, 2015, 10:58:02 AM

Excellent.

Many thanks as ever MJG

Riverside

I would believe MJG more than Kenny Jacket

mike_corkcity12

If he is closer than we think, where does that leave Hyndman? One year left on his deal. Rumour that Newcaslte were interested in him.

Get him a new deal and get him out on loan I say.

MJG

Quote from: mike_corkcity12 on July 03, 2015, 11:32:16 AM
If he is closer than we think, where does that leave Hyndman? One year left on his deal. Rumour that Newcaslte were interested in him.

Get him a new deal and get him out on loan I say.
Leaves him nowhere except important to the club over the coming years. Hes been away and back at club today i think so expect an offer to be there ready for him, if its not already been given. You have to remember how old these lads are and they are not going to play 35-46 games a season. we need a good squad all fighting for places.

mike_corkcity12

Very true. Hopefully he, Dembele and Betts put pen to paper. All quiet on the Roberts front, suppose his deal to City or whoever will be completed soon.

Ordar

So MJG are you expecting the McDonald deal to go through? Would be a very good signing for us

fulhamfan89

i'v heard the same that is closer then reported

Jonnoj

I'm thinking of all the times we have said a player is part of our plans and then found him sold the next week as soon as the price is right.
Also managers have a habit of saying this because they dont want to lose players they like.
The club and its finance people see things very differently.
Coady does look very much like a replacement.