yes
7 (15.2%)
no
25 (54.3%)
alright in small doses
14 (30.4%)

Total Members Voted: 46

epsomraver

Seems the BBC love this bloke, Radio 2, Glastonbury , Hyde Park ,One show, now new top gear host, all over the media like a rash! personally I cannot stand him but it may be a generation thing, just interested with what others think

Jamie88

Cannot stand him either
I was saying just earlier to a work colleague that I don't understand why he's suddenly flavour of the month, I do not know anyone who really likes him.

CincyFulham1

Craven Mad

Quote from: CincyFulham1 on June 27, 2015, 09:52:16 AM
Top Gear host?

Yeah, he's a massive petrol head. From memory he owns a Ferarri California. I'm not a massive fan of the show, but I think the producers have made a mistake in signing him up; that show's popularity was driven (excuse the pun) by the likeable humour of the presenters, not a passion for cars.

I find Evans beyond irritating. He's got a bit of a "Joe Pasquale" quality to him...

Lighthouse

Just another in a long line of very overpaid, very average presenters. The ideas now is to take old ideas and try and make them look new. TFI Friday looked a dated format for the yoof the first time around. But he has money and probably a production company and that is how tv works.

But I am not sure why part of licence fee should be spent on massively over paid directors and presenters.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

King_Crud

Quote from: Lighthouse on June 27, 2015, 10:50:35 AM
But I am not sure why part of licence fee should be spent on massively over paid directors and presenters.

this is what I don't get, match of the day is the same. Reduce their pay by 80% and see what they say, it's not like there's a massive market out there if they don't like it

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Craven Mad

Quote from: King_Crud on June 27, 2015, 11:28:32 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on June 27, 2015, 10:50:35 AM

this is what I don't get, match of the day is the same. Reduce their pay by 80% and see what they say, it's not like there's a massive market out there if they don't like it

But there is a massive market - look at Jonathan Ross to ITV or the Top Gear lot now earning a fat wedge doing side-projects. There's competition from other TV channels, online media, live shows, films, newspapers, etc, etc.

I like it as little as everyone else, but if we want the BBC to produce high-quality shows they need to offer competitive wages. Much in the same way that Khan couldn't decide to pay "normal" salaries to our footballers because they'd up sticks and leave, the BBC is trapped in the same way.

colinwhite

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 27, 2015, 11:20:54 AM
I cannot stand him, and I cannot take him sitting down either. No talent, just plenty of front. An irritating individual. With an irritating voice and irritating manner.
I would rather French Kiss a Skunk, than watch any TV program he is in. The same goes for listening to his radio shows.
Bit harsh Woolly, by the way are skunks good kissers ?

Artful Dodger

I like him on Radio 2 in the morning but not so much on tv. I was thinking the other day he must have the cushiest job on the planet with the events he gets to courtesy of the BBC. Mind you, there isn't much alternative to be fair.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

PokerMatt

I like him.

More so his radio 2 breakfast show.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

mrmicawbers

Never used to like him but hes grown on me.

GloucesterWhite

Can't stand him. He has a Ferrari dealership as a sideline to earn a few extra bob!!

Holders

He seems to be everywhere - a bit like that irritating Northern Irish bloke whose name I can't remember.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Andy S

I can see why people get irritated by him when the BBC want to use him for everything but to be fair he is a very talented broadcaster and his face fits the bill. He won't please everyone, but see how he fronts the shows before you slag him off too much

Berserker

I didn't like him when he was young and on Radio 1 but over the years he has grown on me.  Yes I do like him now and  I believe he is an ok person in real life
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Jamie88

Quote from: Andy S on June 27, 2015, 09:15:16 PM
I can see why people get irritated by him when the BBC want to use him for everything but to be fair he is a very talented broadcaster and his face fits the bill. He won't please everyone, but see how he fronts the shows before you slag him off too much

In what way is he talented? Just an arrogant guy who loves the sound of his own voice imo

epsomraver

Quote from: Jamie88 on June 28, 2015, 01:44:40 PM
Quote from: Andy S on June 27, 2015, 09:15:16 PM

In what way is he talented? Just an arrogant guy who loves the sound of his own voice imo
:plus one: :plus one: :plus one: thought it was just me, the way he used to hog the ONE show on a Friday and looking like a paper hat was enough to reach for the off button, he must have some very rich people backing him

Scrumpy

Quote from: Berserker on June 28, 2015, 07:22:37 AM
I didn't like him when he was young and on Radio 1 but over the years he has grown on me.  Yes I do like him now and  I believe he is an ok person in real life
Spot on. So many critics. I take it you all know he raises 2 or 3 million a year for charity? Also, if you read his books, he's the first to admit he has been a dick in the past.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Jamie88

Quote from: Scrumpy on June 28, 2015, 03:34:56 PM
Quote from: Berserker on June 28, 2015, 07:22:37 AM
Spot on. So many critics. I take it you all know he raises 2 or 3 million a year for charity? Also, if you read his books, he's the first to admit he has been a dick in the past.
He may very well be a guy who means well, but that doesn't stop him being incredibly irritating unfortunately.