A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

MOST NEEDED POSITION? (POLL)

Started by FFC1999, June 27, 2015, 05:21:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

If we could only sign one more player, which position would you choose?

Striker
1 (0.9%)
Centre Back
53 (49.5%)
Centre Midfielder
9 (8.4%)
FullBack
39 (36.4%)
Winger
5 (4.7%)

Total Members Voted: 105

FFC1999

Which position do you think we need to fill the most?

JDH101

Ball winning midfielder all day long. We are crying out for one. I know everyone on here is in love with Parker but he is not the answer. We need someone who dominates. I would be really happy if we could get Fofana back on another season long loan. He was raw last year but I bet he could be a beast at this level next year. If we do sell Roberts to City, then hopefully we can get Fofana back here in some sort of capacity for the season at least.

Craven Mad

We are so painfully short in fullbacks with any sort of quality or experience and we shipped goals last season because of it. Improving our defence has to be the first priority.

Over the course of last season, at fullback, we had: Zverotic, Voser, Hoogland, Grimmer, Richards, Kav, Stafylidis and Husband (don't think Passley played?). And, save for Husband, they were all pretty dreadful (although the narrow diamond formation definitely worsened that issue).

We now have just Voser (useless), Grimmer (inexperienced), Kav (arguably better at going forward than defending).

At least 2 starting quality fullbacks are needed.

We could do with improvements elsewhere, but they'd just be upgrades on what we have - we literally have nothing to upgrade on at fullback.

Peabody

I think you are underestimating Grimmers efforts, in experienced yes but dreadful, no. He has to start somewhere, to gain the experience he needs.

Mladens Nan

I think the defensive record from last season speaks for itself - two fullbacks and at least one centre back must be priority now!?

Fernhurst

After last season, we do need numerous improvements.

My vote went to CB, preferably ugly, loud and dominant  he needs to shepard his flock around him.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Craven Mad

Quote from: Peabody on June 27, 2015, 05:31:46 PM
I think you are underestimating Grimmers efforts, in experienced yes but dreadful, no. He has to start somewhere, to gain the experience he needs.

I did say "pretty" dreadful... But I take your point.

I think Grimmer's main issue was that he had a successful spell on loan as a free-roaming wingback for a top-half team, then was dumped into a team as an uncovered [due to the formation] fullback at a much higher level, in a (relatively speaking) far worse side.

Still, for me, Voser isn't competition with him and - at a minimum - a competitor for the first choice RB spot has to be brought in (although I'd rather a more experienced starter was brought in, for Grimmer to understudy from).

J.Perkins

A defensive midfielder for sure. Another CB, and 2 full backs. After that, maybe just spend time improving other areas, with each major departure counteracted with another signing.

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

St Eve

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

The Rock

That was easy. Looks like I'm not the only one concerned about the back 4.

filham

A good left back is badly needed, it has been a problem position for a long time and it must be a weakness that has been identified by all of our opponents. Early balls to a wide man with a bit of pace seems to be the order of the day against us.

fulhamben

Quote from: filham on June 27, 2015, 09:20:10 PM
A good left back is badly needed, it has been a problem position for a long time and it must be a weakness that has been identified by all of our opponents. Early balls to a wide man with a bit of pace seems to be the order of the day against us.
or slowly down the middle.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

LBNo11

Quote from: Fernhurst on June 27, 2015, 05:40:02 PM

My vote went to CB, preferably ugly, loud and dominant  he needs to shepard his flock around him.

...same for me, someone with a bit of experience that may rub off on our current choices. With a better looking midfield and a vocal center-back we may give our full backs better support...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

bill taylors apprentice

Don't underestimate the effect a mature, confident, quality keeper has on the players in front of him.

I like Betts but he doesn't yet inspire confidence in the team like a Schwazer, Taylor, Peyton or Macedo did. 

ffc73

This.  With 'captain' material especially as I am not convinced Parker will start or finish most matches and. personally, I am not keen on a striker (in our case Ross) captaining

Barrett487

Quote from: LBNo11 on June 27, 2015, 10:08:33 PM

...same for me, someone with a bit of experience that may rub off on our current choices. With a better looking midfield and a vocal center-back we may give our full backs better support...

What fullbacks would they be Ed? I agree with what you say, except we gravely lack full backs, whereas we just have poor centre backs. People have spoken warmly about Budurov and Burn in the past, so is it a coaching issue? I think we are likely to recruit for both positions.

gang

2 Full backs, 1 Central defender.