watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR; The Who at Glastonbury

Started by Barrett487, June 28, 2015, 11:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

I saw the Stones 18 months or so back in the Netherlands and Mick was awful, 4th time I had seen them live and by far the worst. KR is though far from what he used to be as you alluded too.

Re the Who, Ringo's son is a fine drummer, used by a lot of bands these days for sesison work and cover if their drummer is ill etc, he is highly sort after. But overall last night I felt they just were not the Who that we all remembered and loved, RD was for me not as good as it was on TFI the other week and then I thought it wasn't too good.
Every day is a Fulham day

alfie

Quote from: Wingnut on June 28, 2015, 11:56:23 PM
Quote from: brightster on June 28, 2015, 11:49:13 PM
Better that twit last night!

Didn't even switch it on last night. A disgrace ...
Why is it a disgrace? now i don't like KW but this is a musical festival and it caters for ALL tastes, because you, me etc do not like him does not mean he should not be there, it was quite obviousl that a few thousand do like him.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

HatterDon

Quote from: snarks on June 29, 2015, 09:10:40 AM
In this one thread, it sums up all that is wrong with Festivals and especially Glastonbury.

TBH the old fart bands should not be better then current music, the fact that they are is hugely depressing for me at least. I actually can't think of one current act that could headline Glastonbury that haven't been going for at least 20 years. I accept that the festival is now really for the affluent and not the young festival goer, but still.

The festival is no longer cutting edge in its choices. It's going for the bands that will sell tickets. There are plenty of bands out there that were formed in the last 20 years that could do the job, but when you're concerned only about money, why take a chance on something new and more vital?

Mind you, since I'm pushing 70 and part of two working bands, I'm not complaining at paychecks for OAPs.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Jack Fulham

Quote from: HatterDon on June 29, 2015, 04:45:23 AM
Quote from: brightster on June 29, 2015, 01:33:11 AM
Mr West!

Well, I'd apologize for that particular bit of air pollution being foisted on you by the USA, but then I remember you sent us Russell Brand, so ... .

and Piers Morgan ... and now James Corden. It seems once popularity fizzles out over here, they're able to go and get TV shows in the States. Quite bizarre.

The Equalizer

I bumped into Roger Daltrey randomly walking through Clem Attlee Court in Fulham about 25 years ago.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Shredhead

I thought The Who were pretty poor actually. The Fat White Family were a proto-Cramps band so maybe we needed a proto-Who. Oh hang on, who was on before them? Step forward Mr Weller.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

EJL